Are you deceitful to your loved ones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you deceitful to your loved ones

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Reaction score
Back along in the late 80's early 90's, Miami were in a play-off game, against who I cant remember right now, but it was on Brit TV for sure. About three days before the game the missus dropped the bombshell that we had to go to relatives for the day, and how important it was cause she wanted me to meet a long lost Aunt. I was so gutted that I got a mate to ring up and pretend they needed me at work. I made my excuses and went around my mates house. When the coast was clear I went back home to watch the game. Imagine my surprise when I heard our car coming up the drive. Boy did I panic. I ran out into the back garden looking for somewhere to hide, but gardening not being my strong point at the time, there were no bushes to hide behind so i quickly hid in the garden shed. Once the house lights went out I returned to watch the rest of the game. When the wife came home later, she explained how she had to come back and then she went mad cause I went to work and left the lights and TV on :lol:

I just wondered at what great lentghs you guys have had to go to deceive your loved ones, just to see your fave team play

lol. that is an awsome story man. made my day. thanks for sharing. :dolphins:

Whitedolphin54 said:
Back along in the late 80's early 90's, Miami were in a play-off game, against who I cant remember right now, but it was on Brit TV for sure. About three days before the game the missus dropped the bombshell that we had to go to relatives for the day, and how important it was cause she wanted me to meet a long lost Aunt. I was so gutted that I got a mate to ring up and pretend they needed me at work. I made my excuses and went around my mates house. When the coast was clear I went back home to watch the game. Imagine my surprise when I heard our car coming up the drive. Boy did I panic. I ran out into the back garden looking for somewhere to hide, but gardening not being my strong point at the time, there were no bushes to hide behind so i quickly hid in the garden shed. Once the house lights went out I returned to watch the rest of the game. When the wife came home later, she explained how she had to come back and then she went mad cause I went to work and left the lights and TV on :lol:

I just wondered at what great lentghs you guys have had to go to deceive your loved ones, just to see your fave team play

good one, you bad man ;)
luckily I make sure to marry women that are willing to compromise on the super important games. Now that ihave a kid though, I find myself missing 1 or 2 games a year, an unheard of thing a few years ago.

just say I wasn't feeling well and had to stay home....instead of going somewhere.

that's a funny story and i'm sure it hits home for alot of us on this site. The worst/stupidest thing I've done to watch a Fins game is calling in sick to work so I could stay home and watch a game. Other than that, I've told my gf (who lives about 1 hour away) that I couldn't come over because I've got homework to do.

What one won't do to watch the best team in sports eh?

That is a great story, I laughed my butt off!

I give my wife a football "priority" list on Monday or Tuesday for the coming weekend. She has learned to plan around it and is quite understanding, I must say. However, I do end up having to "pay the piper" and end up watching a lot of award shows (Golden Globes, etc.) and chick flicks with her. It is a small price to pay so that I can watch my Fins.

i think it was about 3 years ago and it was a sunday .... it was week 1 of the nfl and the dolphins were playing the tennesse titans on sunday night football ... i remember my dad coming into my room saying we needed to go out to dinner with my grandma for her birthday at around 8 ... around the time of the dolphins game ...... after being pissed off for about 2 hours and not coming out of my room i decided to pretend like i was sick ..... my mom even went out and bought me medicine .... haha ... it was about 7 30 and every1 was getting ready to leave my dad walked into my room and i pretended to be sleeping.... he left a note for me downstairs and told me to call him when i wake up and he hopes i feel better ...... i was so happy! even though i felt kind of bad for tricking my family like that. On the first play of the game Zach Thomas picked off steve Mcnair and ran it back for a touchdown...... thats when i knew tricking my parents was worth it.:dolphins:

When I first met my girlfriend I laid down the law and banned her from coming round on Sunday nights! After 3.1/2 years she has got used to the idea but really does not like it!!!

:)

Buddy said:
That is a great story, I laughed my butt off!

I give my wife a football "priority" list on Monday or Tuesday for the coming weekend. She has learned to plan around it and is quite understanding, I must say. However, I do end up having to "pay the piper" and end up watching a lot of award shows (Golden Globes, etc.) and chick flicks with her. It is a small price to pay so that I can watch my Fins.

My wife is more understanding now she has matured :lol: . She just leaves me alone on sundays now

MIA 23 DOLFAN said:
i think it was about 3 years ago and it was a sunday .... it was week 1 of the nfl and the dolphins were playing the tennesse titans on sunday night football ... i remember my dad coming into my room saying we needed to go out to dinner with my grandma for her birthday at around 8 ... around the time of the dolphins game ...... after being pissed off for about 2 hours and not coming out of my room i decided to pretend like i was sick ..... my mom even went out and bought me medicine .... haha ... it was about 7 30 and every1 was getting ready to leave my dad walked into my room and i pretended to be sleeping.... he left a note for me downstairs and told me to call him when i wake up and he hopes i feel better ...... i was so happy! even though i felt kind of bad for tricking my family like that. On the first play of the game Zach Thomas picked off steve Mcnair and ran it back for a touchdown...... thats when i knew tricking my parents was worth it.:dolphins:

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to tell a little white lie. I mean it is not like you are fibbing is it :lol:

2 christmas' ago i was up on the roof with my ol'lady and putting christmas light on the house.. when my good friend came by and told me the game was be shown a local wing joint... needless to say..my wife hung the rest of the lights by herself and the dolphins lost.......damn karma

It Was A Cold And Snowy Saturday Afternoon Back In 82' And I Had To Work Outside At The Local Grocery Store, Collecting Carts, So I Knew I Was In For A Ugly Day. That Was The Day The Dolphins Played The Chargers In The Hook And Latteral Game.
So Needless To Say I Had Mom Call The Store And Tell My Boss I Was In Bed With The Flu!!!!
Mom Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGRED11 said:
2 christmas' ago i was up on the roof with my ol'lady and putting christmas light on the house.. when my good friend came by and told me the game was be shown a local wing joint... needless to say..my wife hung the rest of the lights by herself and the dolphins lost.......damn karma

local wing joint ?

Ohio Fanatic said:
good one, you bad man ;)
luckily I make sure to marry women that are willing to compromise on the super important games. Now that ihave a kid though, I find myself missing 1 or 2 games a year, an unheard of thing a few years ago.

"Make sure you marry WOMEN that are willing to compromise" ?? What are you, a mormon?? You must be the reason I can't find any chicks that are so understanding. There should be a rule you can only have ONE woman who understands the relationship between a man and his sports. If your the guy going around marrying every woman in town that understands sports you are leaving the rest of us S O L.
I am now hereby adding a rule to the NMH (national male handbook).
IT IS NOW ILLEGAL FOR A MAN TO HOG ALL THE GOOD WIVES TO HIMSELF. IF A MAN HAS MORE THAN ONE WIFE HE HAS TO TAKE ONLY ONE GOOD ONE. IF HE GETS MORE THAN ONE GOOD ONE THEN HE MUST BE WILLING TO WIFE SWAP DURING FOOTBALL SEASON, AND OR BE WILLING TO TRAIN ALL THE REST OF OUR WIFES FOR FREE.
We got ta stick together on this fellows. I say we take a vote starting right now. Remember a simple majority makes it law, and will go out in next months issue of the NMH. :D

Back
Top Bottom