Are you deceitful to your loved ones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you deceitful to your loved ones

In high school I had a job at the Bun n' Burger at a mall and the Dolphins had a playoff game and my boss scheduled me to work that day - *****- so I had no choice but to call out sick and decided to have a friend call for me and pretend to be my father and I must have told him a dozen times don't change your voice, you know deepen it and have it come across fake.

Well, he didn't listen to me and his attempt was worthy being on a Brady Bunch episode and the next day I got canned.

Didn't mind though, really hated my boss, she was nothing but a mean fat cow.

No. I married the girl next door. Well, five houses down. She was indoctrinated into Fins Mania from the Get Go. From the very first televised Dolphin game my family and high school friends met at my home to watch the Phins.

My Mom would cook a huge dinner (in the old south we eat, breakast, Dinner then Supper). :D My future wife (unbeknownst) to me would come down with her brothers on occasions to enjoy the times. We've been married for 31 years now but the tradition still stands without question. Nothing interferes with my Phins games and she sees to it.

Im only in high school but i play basketball and i called in sick for a practice during a monday night phins game. coach was mad abou thtat one

Whitedolphin54 said:
Back along in the late 80's early 90's, Miami were in a play-off game, against who I cant remember right now, but it was on Brit TV for sure. About three days before the game the missus dropped the bombshell that we had to go to relatives for the day, and how important it was cause she wanted me to meet a long lost Aunt. I was so gutted that I got a mate to ring up and pretend they needed me at work. I made my excuses and went around my mates house. When the coast was clear I went back home to watch the game. Imagine my surprise when I heard our car coming up the drive. Boy did I panic. I ran out into the back garden looking for somewhere to hide, but gardening not being my strong point at the time, there were no bushes to hide behind so i quickly hid in the garden shed. Once the house lights went out I returned to watch the rest of the game. When the wife came home later, she explained how she had to come back and then she went mad cause I went to work and left the lights and TV on :lol:
I just wondered at what great lentghs you guys have had to go to deceive your loved ones, just to see your fave team play

Thats just hilarious right there. :lol:

On December 18, 1994 Miami was playing at Indianapolis for the division title. Back then I had a crappy job where I had to work some Sundays. I couldn't get out of work so I called in sick. No problem, I went to my normal sports bar (no more, thanks Sunday Ticket) and to my surprise, the shift manager was sitting at the table next to me. He acted like he never saw me even though we talked almost through the whole game. We became great friends. Miami lost...must be karma.

Three years ago (I think) Miami is playing at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day. My wife and I go over to her sisters house for the big Thanksgiving get together. We walk in and my brother-in-law is playing Playstation on the main television. I ask him, "Are you going to watch the game?" And he was like, "Uh, what game?" I start getting pissed right away. What a moron. So I go to the den and check the other television. All the little kids are watching Nemo or something. Now I am quite livid. My sister-in-law says, "You can watch the game in our bedroom." I love my sister-in-law so I was nice and said OK. I go to the bedroom and see a 13 inch tv. Smoke start rolling out of my ears. I went outside got in the car and went home to watch the game. Man my wife was mad at me for a month but it was worth it and the Dolphins won.

:sidelol: awsome stories guys

the worst ive done is skip a social studies project to watch the phins/pats game last year and it counted as a test grade, i did a little of it earlier tho so i got like a 50 on it... it was worth it:dolphins:

CrunchTime said:
My wife reads right through me so it wouldnt do any good to lie.She has a doctorate in pshycology.:rolleyes:

I negotiate,cajole and blackmail her.Give her money for the mall etc.Anything to get her and the kids out of the house.:lol:

cripes, you sound like the president :evil:

Whitedolphin54 said:
Back along in the late 80's early 90's, Miami were in a play-off game, against who I cant remember right now, but it was on Brit TV for sure. About three days before the game the missus dropped the bombshell that we had to go to relatives for the day, and how important it was cause she wanted me to meet a long lost Aunt. I was so gutted that I got a mate to ring up and pretend they needed me at work. I made my excuses and went around my mates house. When the coast was clear I went back home to watch the game. Imagine my surprise when I heard our car coming up the drive. Boy did I panic. I ran out into the back garden looking for somewhere to hide, but gardening not being my strong point at the time, there were no bushes to hide behind so i quickly hid in the garden shed. Once the house lights went out I returned to watch the rest of the game. When the wife came home later, she explained how she had to come back and then she went mad cause I went to work and left the lights and TV on :lol:

I just wondered at what great lentghs you guys have had to go to deceive your loved ones, just to see your fave team play
:tsk: :lol:

themole said:
No. I married the girl next door. Well, five houses down. She was indoctrinated into Fins Mania from the Get Go. From the very first televised Dolphin game my family and high school friends met at my home to watch the Phins.

My Mom would cook a huge dinner (in the old south we eat, breakast, Dinner then Supper). :D My future wife (unbeknownst) to me would come down with her brothers on occasions to enjoy the times. We've been married for 31 years now but the tradition still stands without question. Nothing interferes with my Phins games and she sees to it.
Right On!

RoKnRuiN said:
Three years ago (I think) Miami is playing at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day. My wife and I go over to her sisters house for the big Thanksgiving get together. We walk in and my brother-in-law is playing Playstation on the main television. I ask him, "Are you going to watch the game?" And he was like, "Uh, what game?" I start getting pissed right away. What a moron. So I go to the den and check the other television. All the little kids are watching Nemo or something. Now I am quite livid. My sister-in-law says, "You can watch the game in our bedroom." I love my sister-in-law so I was nice and said OK. I go to the bedroom and see a 13 inch tv. Smoke start rolling out of my ears. I went outside got in the car and went home to watch the game. Man my wife was mad at me for a month but it was worth it and the Dolphins won.

That was a great game and sadly enough the last game I watched with my oldest brother,I will never forget.The halftime show was awesome too!

Are you deceitful to your loved ones. . .

Yes, frequently, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the Dolphins.

MIA 23 DOLFAN said:
i think it was about 3 years ago and it was a sunday .... it was week 1 of the nfl and the dolphins were playing the tennesse titans on sunday night football ... i remember my dad coming into my room saying we needed to go out to dinner with my grandma for her birthday at around 8 ... around the time of the dolphins game ...... after being pissed off for about 2 hours and not coming out of my room i decided to pretend like i was sick ..... my mom even went out and bought me medicine .... haha ... it was about 7 30 and every1 was getting ready to leave my dad walked into my room and i pretended to be sleeping.... he left a note for me downstairs and told me to call him when i wake up and he hopes i feel better ...... i was so happy! even though i felt kind of bad for tricking my family like that. On the first play of the game Zach Thomas picked off steve Mcnair and ran it back for a touchdown...... thats when i knew tricking my parents was worth it.:dolphins:

:lol: :lol:

Your dad's on the board. He just read this.

I've broken it down for my wife mathematically. I've told her that the average game is 3 hours. The Phins historically average 21 games a year (with pre-season and one post-season). So that's 63 hours or 2 days and 15 hours of football out of 365 days out of 8760 hours in a 365 day year. So really it's only .13 % of a whole year that encapsulates my favorite past time.

Aren't I worth that?

It's hard to argue with the #'s. I do have to end up watching friggin Dancing with the stars in return though.

Great Thread!!!!

Fortunately for me, I have a very understanding wife. My wife is from England, so she had no exposure to american football until she came to states. When we first met, she was immediately exposed to the rituals my friends and I do on gameday. We alternate houses for football parties and so on. We've been together 7 years; 2 years married now; she still doesn't watch football but she understands that the Dolphins game is my time of enjoyment and relaxation. She won't make plans for us to do things together doing that time, and since she is very understanding to that matter; when the Fins aren't playing; I make sure I participate in a lot of things she likes to do, like the torture of watching Lifetime movies or other family-themed movies :cry: , or when she wants to do some shopping for herself and her friends can't make it :eek: ; I'll go to keep her company so she's not alone. Even though Lifetime movies bore me to death and I have no patience going shopping with her because she wants to try on everything in the store, leave that store without buying anything; go to another store and repeat the same process, then leave without buying anything only to go back to the previous store to buy something she thought she didn't want the first time she was in the store. I just grin and bear it because of how understanding she's is with me and my love to my Fins.

:evil: BUT...

There has been a couple of occasions over the last seven years when her relatives have a tendency to plan get togethers on Sundays (go figure :rolleyes: ). Her family lives in New York, it's about 2 1/2 hours from us and I hate driving in New York; it's the worst. At least they give us early notice of the function, so we let them know in advance that we will be going. When we get closer to that date and if the game has serious ramifications; I will play sick about two days early and continue to pour it on a little more as it gets closer to going to New York. When it's time to leave, I'm at my worst; she will go with her mom and sisters to New York and leave me home to recuperate:evil:.

Now I haven't played sick during all of her family functions, just the few that were scheduled during the football seasons. So I've been to more than I've missed, and I always have a good time when I do go; but my Fins games are priority man :lol:. They can't be messin' up my Sundays like that. How dare they... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom