Are you deceitful to your loved ones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you deceitful to your loved ones

Luckly my wife enjoys football. Not as much as I but I'll take what I can get. The only problem is that she is a big Browns fan and when we were at the Phins/Browns game this past season I had to listen to her crap for a week after. Not to mention wash and wax her car among other bets I lost.

I dont live in the Miami area so I have to go to the bar every week. My girlfriend has learned that Sunday is the day we both go to the bar and watch. She went from hating football and now after 4 years she is at the bar every sunday with me no matter what we have going on. One time her dad drove in from 8 hours away to help remodel our house. He only had a couple of days but you better believe when it was game time we made him drop everything and go to watch the game. Same with when my Mom came to town.

Firemedic18 said:
Luckly my wife enjoys football. Not as much as I but I'll take what I can get. The only problem is that she is a big Browns fan and when we were at the Phins/Browns game this past season I had to listen to her crap for a week after. Not to mention wash and wax her car among other bets I lost.

Ouch :cry:

I have to go to my aunt's 3rd (yes third) wedding on... DRAFT DAY! So, I might have to come up with a couple fibs or some crazy plan to catch the entire first round.

bakedmatt said:
I have to go to my aunt's 3rd (yes third) wedding on... DRAFT DAY! So, I might have to come up with a couple fibs or some crazy plan to catch the entire first round.

Shoot, hey 3rd time lucky i hope. Tell her the only best man there will be that day is the one the fins pick in the 1st rnd ;)

I more did it to girlfriends when I was in highschool or right out of highschool than anything, but I've used about every excuse like........ I'm grounded, my sister was in an accident, to I had to work, my car was broken down, etc..... so I wouldn't have to hang out with my girl while the game was on. It backfired a couple of times on me though like one time I said my car was broke down, and My mom was making us all clean the house and have a garage sale anyway so I couldn't leave. Well My then girlfriend decided to walk the 6 MILES in 30 degree weather to my house just so she could see me, then obviously got very pissed when she got there, and I was just sittin there with a bunch of friends watchin the phins game. LoL, the worse part about it though was I still insited my car was not running and she ended up having to walk back home later

Whitedolphin54 said:
Sometimes it doesn't hurt to tell a little white lie. I mean it is not like you are fibbing is it :lol:

Is that why you call yourself Whitedolphin ?

BTW nice story.That was a close call.:tongue:

I have to admit I have taken days off for draft day when it use to be a two day affair on TV.I would sit through the whole thing with my charts anticipating the next pick.

Women were not allowed on the premises.

CrunchTime said:
Is that why you call yourself Whitedolphin ?

BTW nice story.That was a close call.:tongue:

I have to admit I have taken days off for draft day when it use to be a two day affair on TV.I would sit through the whole thing with my charts anticipating the next pick.

Women were not allowed on the premises.

Being a manager, it wouldn't be very professional of me to take time off work---------But lying to the missus, well thats different :D

Whitedolphin54 said:
Being a manager, it wouldn't be very professional of me to take time off work---------But lying to the missus, well thats different :D

My wife reads right through me so it wouldnt do any good to lie.She has a doctorate in pshycology.:rolleyes:

I negotiate,cajole and blackmail her.Give her money for the mall etc.Anything to get her and the kids out of the house.:lol:

Luckily my wife is as big a football and Dolphins fan as I am, so there is no lying needed... But I do remember telling a few fibs when I was younger to stay up later to watch some Monday Night games (Dallas and Chicago in the 80's) and such... But since High School i've been lucky with girlfriends being sports fans and with my wife..

I'd say my husband is pretty damn happy! :)

We had a second receiver (DTV NFL Ticket)hooked up last year so I don't miss any Dolphin football. He watches the Lions and I have my Phins.

Well, when I was 10, on the Sunday of Sammie Smith's infamous fumble against the Oilers, I had to go to a Church gathering.

My dad was/is a minister so he's really into it obviously and he wants your full attention when someone is speaking up at the podium etc. etc.

Anyway, I wasn't going to miss this game so I brought along my walkman and one of those small ear pieces that you can put in one ear.

I sat there most of the game barely making out what was going on as the man doing the talk was so damn loud.

I remember my dad looking over suspiciously to me now and then and me acting like I am doing nothing but listening and having to constantly turn the walkman on and off.

THEN as that fateful last drive started I was like, "man I need to HEAR THIS". So, I went to the restroom as fast as I could and just as I was rushing to go I remember hearing about Marino walking up to the line and I am thinking OK we'll win this thing! Then as I am rushing through the restroom doors as I knew I'd be elated and problably scream out of joy that we scored and won, and I didnt want anyone to see me....... it didnt matter as all I heard was that Smith FUMBLED and it was game over.

All I could do is walk-in anyway and just slump over the counter and walk right back out dejected and over to my seat once more.

As far as I know, no one was the wiser that day of me hearing or at least trying to hear the Fins on radio.

KTOWNFINFAN said:
"Make sure you marry WOMEN that are willing to compromise" ?? What are you, a mormon?? You must be the reason I can't find any chicks that are so understanding. There should be a rule you can only have ONE woman who understands the relationship between a man and his sports. If your the guy going around marrying every woman in town that understands sports you are leaving the rest of us S O L.
I am now hereby adding a rule to the NMH (national male handbook).
IT IS NOW ILLEGAL FOR A MAN TO HOG ALL THE GOOD WIVES TO HIMSELF. IF A MAN HAS MORE THAN ONE WIFE HE HAS TO TAKE ONLY ONE GOOD ONE. IF HE GETS MORE THAN ONE GOOD ONE THEN HE MUST BE WILLING TO WIFE SWAP DURING FOOTBALL SEASON, AND OR BE WILLING TO TRAIN ALL THE REST OF OUR WIFES FOR FREE.
We got ta stick together on this fellows. I say we take a vote starting right now. Remember a simple majority makes it law, and will go out in next months issue of the NMH. :D

lol...

Teenwolf said:
When I first met my girlfriend I laid down the law and banned her from coming round on Sunday nights! After 3.1/2 years she has got used to the idea but really does not like it!!!

:)

you must be my long lost twin.

btw, this topic is awesome.

sugarcane said:
I'd say my husband is pretty damn happy! :)

We had a second receiver (DTV NFL Ticket)hooked up last year so I don't miss any Dolphin football. He watches the Lions and I have my Phins.

I always wanted to meet a woman like you but alas they are far and few in between.Your husband fiound a gold mine.;)

Back
Top Bottom