Are you deceitful to your loved ones | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you deceitful to your loved ones

FinaticalOne said:
Fortunately for me, I have a very understanding wife. My wife is from England, so she had no exposure to american football until she came to states. When we first met, she was immediately exposed to the rituals my friends and I do on gameday. We alternate houses for football parties and so on. We've been together 7 years; 2 years married now; she still doesn't watch football but she understands that the Dolphins game is my time of enjoyment and relaxation. She won't make plans for us to do things together doing that time, and since she is very understanding to that matter; when the Fins aren't playing; I make sure I participate in a lot of things she likes to do, like the torture of watching Lifetime movies or other family-themed movies :cry: , or when she wants to do some shopping for herself and her friends can't make it :eek: ; I'll go to keep her company so she's not alone. Even though Lifetime movies bore me to death and I have no patience going shopping with her because she wants to try on everything in the store, leave that store without buying anything; go to another store and repeat the same process, then leave without buying anything only to go back to the previous store to buy something she thought she didn't want the first time she was in the store. I just grin and bear it because of how understanding she's is with me and my love to my Fins.

:evil: BUT...

There has been a couple of occasions over the last seven years when her relatives have a tendency to plan get togethers on Sundays (go figure :rolleyes: ). Her family lives in New York, it's about 2 1/2 hours from us and I hate driving in New York; it's the worst. At least they give us early notice of the function, so we let them know in advance that we will be going. When we get closer to that date and if the game has serious ramifications; I will play sick about two days early and continue to pour it on a little more as it gets closer to going to New York. When it's time to leave, I'm at my worst; she will go with her mom and sisters to New York and leave me home to recuperate:evil:.

Now I haven't played sick during all of her family functions, just the few that were scheduled during the football seasons. So I've been to more than I've missed, and I always have a good time when I do go; but my Fins games are priority man :lol:. They can't be messin' up my Sundays like that. How dare they... :lol:

Sounds like a nice balance to me. You have it figured out.

themole said:
No. I married the girl next door. Well, five houses down. She was indoctrinated into Fins Mania from the Get Go. From the very first televised Dolphin game my family and high school friends met at my home to watch the Phins.

My Mom would cook a huge dinner (in the old south we eat, breakast, Dinner then Supper). :D My future wife (unbeknownst) to me would come down with her brothers on occasions to enjoy the times. We've been married for 31 years now but the tradition still stands without question. Nothing interferes with my Phins games and she sees to it.
You must truly be in heaven...."Marry the girl next door":D ....Married 31 years to a wonderful lady that "stands guard for you for Fins games"...and most importantly...YOU GET 3 FREAKING MEALS A DAY!!!!:sidelol:

There were only two things that I demanded prior to getting married. One was that the kids be raised in my religion. The second was that I do not miss Dolphin games for any reason. We have been married for 15 years. I planned both my kids to be born after football season.

I compromise on just about everything else there is and give in. I already have the only two things I care about.

Whitedolphin54 said:
Back along in the late 80's early 90's, Miami were in a play-off game, against who I cant remember right now, but it was on Brit TV for sure. About three days before the game the missus dropped the bombshell that we had to go to relatives for the day, and how important it was cause she wanted me to meet a long lost Aunt. I was so gutted that I got a mate to ring up and pretend they needed me at work. I made my excuses and went around my mates house. When the coast was clear I went back home to watch the game. Imagine my surprise when I heard our car coming up the drive. Boy did I panic. I ran out into the back garden looking for somewhere to hide, but gardening not being my strong point at the time, there were no bushes to hide behind so i quickly hid in the garden shed. Once the house lights went out I returned to watch the rest of the game. When the wife came home later, she explained how she had to come back and then she went mad cause I went to work and left the lights and TV on :lol:

I just wondered at what great lentghs you guys have had to go to deceive your loved ones, just to see your fave team play

I lay the law down around my home. When the Dolphins are on, the wife KNOWS she better now disturb me :D

outlawd2u said:
I more did it to girlfriends when I was in highschool or right out of highschool than anything, but I've used about every excuse like........ I'm grounded, my sister was in an accident, to I had to work, my car was broken down, etc..... so I wouldn't have to hang out with my girl while the game was on. It backfired a couple of times on me though like one time I said my car was broke down, and My mom was making us all clean the house and have a garage sale anyway so I couldn't leave. Well My then girlfriend decided to walk the 6 MILES in 30 degree weather to my house just so she could see me, then obviously got very pissed when she got there, and I was just sittin there with a bunch of friends watchin the phins game. LoL, the worse part about it though was I still insited my car was not running and she ended up having to walk back home later
:spit: Your Cold! :roflmao:

Im only 19 but girlfriends get scheduled around the finz and going to the sports bar to watch the game. Im in college now but when i was home my dad's wife(my step mom) loves football and cant wait to watch her Eagles play on sunday, while my dad watches his Gaints. So my house is filled with football. Thats all sunday is sitting around drinking and watching football and i plan to pass it down to my kids.

Marino2234 said:
Im only 19 but girlfriends get scheduled around the finz and going to the sports bar to watch the game. Im in college now but when i was home my dad's wife(my step mom) loves football and cant wait to watch her Eagles play on sunday, while my dad watches his Gaints. So my house is filled with football. Thats all sunday is sitting around drinking and watching football and i plan to pass it down to my kids.

I used to schedule all around myself, but as you get older and more wrinkly you need to hold onto things that are good to you-------like a cook, servant, someone to fetch the beer from the fridge whilst watching the game etc.....:)

I'm 19 as well, was raised a Dolphins fan but really didnt become diehard until 2002 when Ricky joined us...so its only been a couple of years, no good "fib" stories just yet :)

However...I have definitely done something out of desperation to watch our phins on sunday, this season infact. It was week 12, the Raiders game. Were already 3-7 and an obvious LONG shot to make the playoffs at this time. Reguardless of that fact, I am not about to miss a Miami Dolphins football game. Ofcourse my manager at the Levis outlet store knew about my obsession...I made it clear to her when I started the job that football on sunday was important to me. She respected my wishes, even joked about it, thought it was cute. Well for some odd reason in week 12 she decides shes going to schedule me...I confronted her about it immediately and said I would really rather not work on Sunday. She told me to find somebody to cover the shift and ofcourse nobody would...so I said **** it, I didnt go in, didnt call, instead I went to a sportsbar and cheered our phins to victory as we started our 1st of 6 GREAT WINS IN A ROW! I was really broke for about a month...no job...but never for a moment did I regret that decision. I'm not missing a phins game, I told them...haha.

dolphindude13 said:
You must truly be in heaven...."Marry the girl next door":D ....Married 31 years to a wonderful lady that "stands guard for you for Fins games"...and most importantly...YOU GET 3 FREAKING MEALS A DAY!!!!:sidelol:

Yep! Got me a good one. :lol: Pretty too.

Three squares a day now? :shakeno: She can barely boil water. After we were married the tradition lived on, I would send her down to my Moms pregame for apprenticeship. :lol:

Teddy Roosevelt said:
I lay the law down around my home. When the Dolphins are on, the wife KNOWS she better now disturb me :D

BULLY for you! :lol:

TR was the man!

I must say that I probably married the perfect woman as far as football is concerned. Now we've been together for nearly 14 years and married for nearly ten, but ever since the beginning, she's been perfectly ok with knowing that on Dolphin game days, everything, and anything else, gets scheduled around the game. I think I may have to say thanks to her brother a bit....he's a rabid Steeler fan and she kinda grew up knowing how nuts we boys get about our football.

She'll even ask me around Monday or Tuesday..."Hey, at what time is the game, so I can plan around it."

And here's the kicker...this is the one that makes her the Dolfan Wife of the Year...true story...I swear:

Yesterday, I get a call from her:

Wife: "Hey Ricky, did you know that the SuperBowl is in Miami next year?"

Me: "Huh, yeah..."

Wife: "Well, I heard something about being able to get into a lottery for Super Bowl Tickets...so if the Dolphins make it, we can go...if they don't, we can get the tickets and sell them."

Me: "Yeah, I think so."

Wife: "Well, I already talked to my mom and she said she would baby sit (our daughter) on game days....I wanna get season tickets again."

Me: "I love you!!!"

We haven't had season tix since the birth of our daughter (2001)....I'm already trying to figure out where I wanna sit again!!!

Back
Top Bottom