Are you disappointed we did not make a trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade?

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade... Yes/No/Why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mroz

Starter
Reaction score
Yes or No? and Why...

I for one am not disappointed, I do not believe we are "a" player away from making the playoffs. I am looking at this as a long term project and giving away draft picks is not the way to rebuild. IMO, we are a couple of drafts away from being a great team and we need our picks.

still time...

wow...just saw the Roy Williams trade...1, 3, 6, 7...

I'm not disappointed. We are a good team this year who is learning how to win and play together. Next year imo we will be a great team. Lets go out and get Crabtree, and some DB's, and Maluga (however you spell his name) from USC, and go win a super bowl

teams dont have 5 years to build in the NFL with free agency. No team should pass on building blocks if they can aquire them through smart deals. Not sure us trading a 1st and a 3rd would be smart because we are not that good yet. maybe 2 2nd's.

No. I prefer to build the team through the draft, especially since we had so much success at it this year.

I'm not really disappointed that we didn't trade for Williams, but I am a little disappointed we didn't make any moves at all.

Not disappointed at all. We need to to continue to build through the draft.

I am and I'm not.....Getting Williams would've been somthing of a gamble at the asking price, but, OTOH, he makes us almost immeasureably better as soon as his cleats touchthe field.

when a team is willing to trade away a big name player you have to ask yourself 2 things
1) why- because there IS A REASON
2) are you willing to let that REASON follow that player to miami.

especially with receivers you can find major players into the second round, why give up a high pick or maybe even 2 high picks when if you do your research you WILL find someone that can be almost as good/as good/ or better in the draft.

And he becomes your guy, right from the beginning

when a team is willing to trade away a big name player you have to ask yourself 2 things
1) why- because there IS A REASON
2) are you willing to let that REASON follow that player to miami.

especially with receivers you can find major players into the second round, why give up a high pick or maybe even 2 high picks when if you do your research you WILL find someone that can be almost as good/as good/ or better in the draft.

And he becomes your guy, right from the beginning

damn wish you had been the GM in 2007 when we took Ginn at 9.

Didn't really want to trade picks for players, though I would have like to have seen Beck or Hagan sent to another team for like a 6th round pick. Not the fault of the Dolphins, because I bet they did shop them, and probably couldn't find a taker.

Didn't really want to trade picks for players, though I would have like to have seen Beck or Hagan sent to another team for like a 6th round pick. Not the fault of the Dolphins, because I bet they did shop them, and probably couldn't find a taker.

Oh they found takers but the CFL cannot trade picks to the NFL lol.

BIG MISTAKE.

Not because he would have helped the Phins turn the hump this year.

But because it is rare that a receiver of that quality becomes available for trade or as a free agent.

We will not have a top 5 pick, as I've said before, so no Michael Crabtree.

He's it for this next draft.

We wanted a Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Plaxico Burress type receiver, so we signed Ernest Wilford.

We should have traded a 2nd for Roy.

13 100 yard games and 1 200 yard game at age 26.

6'3, 215.

BIG MISTAKE.

Back
Top Bottom