Are you disappointed we did not make a trade? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade?

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade... Yes/No/Why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although getting Roy would have been nice, it just wasn't going to happen. Dallas gave up a 1, 3 & 6 for him. Plus they have to go out and either sign him for a big extention this year or bid against everyone else after the season. They won't chance that, so I'm sure that after a couple games (assuming he does at least OK in those games) they'll have to offer him a multi-year & multi-million dollar contract. Maybe Dallas can afford all those picks and millions of $$, but at this point, we'd be committing franchise suicide if we did it for one guy. We have too many holes to plug.

Give props to the people in Detroit for this trade; also, I can't imagine this happening while Bill being in Dallas. I think this trade will hurt Dallas in the long run.

I feel the same, we are 1 draft away from being a real good team, 2 away from being special. We are a WR, LB, CB away from the playoffs..It's all gravy this year DOLFANS...enjoy

This is assuming we have a good draft...Remember the draft is a crapshoot, so you can't assume every year you're going to have a good one. If it were that simple more teams would have great drafts year in and year out. I'm not against building through the draft, but I think sometimes you have to make those trades for proven commodities at this level. I think that trade for Roy Williams was too much to part with on Dallas' end. But I guess they feel they have enough talent to part with those draft picks.

I agree with this, especially for what Dallas had to give up to get him. I would never have done that! But I am disappointed we didn't at least move Beck or some players like Hagan or Jason Allen for late round picks. I would loved to have seen that. Those guys are just dead weight.

i agree with ua bout the dead weight but really who would want those bums??? Beck is a complete joke...Hagan has some potential but cant get onto the field and J Allen, lets not go there...he is a bust

yes and no .. i wanted lito shepard badly , i think his a top10 cornerback . maybe they were asking for too much, in that case i wouldent trade precious pick ,so yes and no ..

Have you been paying attention??? We were not going to get Roy for a 2nd...and I certainly wouldn't want the team to give upt a 1st, 3rd, and 6th like that idiot Jones did!!!
I think we all agree that the Cowboys could at the very least make the playoffs and advance. So there 1st and 3rd could be more like a 2nd and 4th.
That still is alot to give up for one player.

Unless it was to trade John Beck or something, the Dolphins made the right decision on this day. Giving up as much as the Cowboys gave up for Roy Williams would not have been beneficial to this team, considering he's really not as good as advertised. He's a top 20 WR in the NFL, but i'm not sure that merit's using a #1 pick on. Other than that nobody else of any substance was really out there. Lito Sheppard maybe? I wouldn't over pay for him either.

I believe Lito Sheppard injured his hamstring on Sunday too. I don't think it's serious, but it's just another reason not to trade too much for him.

I voted no, because whether we're willing to admit it or not, we are rebuilding. Draft picks (and the correct utilization of them) are extremely important to us. I especially don't want to trade precious picks away for a player that may be a malcontent when things down in sunny South Florida don't live up to his lofty expectations. I think we are one shrewd offseason from being a legitimate contender in 09.

Im dissappointed we didnt trade some players for picks. Not dissapointed at all that we didnt acquire other teams players.

Getting any draft pick we couldve possibly gotten for either Beck or Jason Allen wouldve been nice.

Im dissappointed we didnt trade some players for picks. Not dissapointed at all that we didnt acquire other teams players.

Getting any draft pick we couldve possibly gotten for either Beck or Jason Allen wouldve been nice.

I'm disappointed about that as well. The problem is, I don't think we had any suckers, er, I mean takers.

I am just happy that we didn't trade away any of our draft picks. That was the downfall of this franchise before Bill came aboard. On the other hand i wish we could have traded Beck,Hagen or J.Allen for a couple of picks, however I just dont think there was a market for any of the players Bill was willing to part with. Overall I am very happy that we didn't make any moves, just means more draft picks in April. Dallas gave up way too many picks for Williams..

I was Disappointed to a point that we didnt get Roy Williams but i am glad we didnt have to give up those draft picks but i would have liked us to get a good Cover Corner or a Big play WR like Lito or Chad Johnson

I think we all agree that the Cowboys could at the very least make the playoffs and advance. So there 1st and 3rd could be more like a 2nd and 4th.
That still is alot to give up for one player.
That certainly isn't guaranteed in that division, especially after the weekend they just had.

Back
Top Bottom