Are you disappointed we did not make a trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade?

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade... Yes/No/Why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel the same, we are 1 draft away from being a real good team, 2 away from being special. We are a WR, LB, CB away from the playoffs..It's all gravy this year DOLFANS...enjoy

BIG MISTAKE.

Not because he would have helped the Phins turn the hump this year.

But because it is rare that a receiver of that quality becomes available for trade or as a free agent.

We will not have a top 5 pick, as I've said before, so no Michael Crabtree.

He's it for this next draft.

We wanted a Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Plaxico Burress type receiver, so we signed Ernest Wilford.

We should have traded a 2nd for Roy.

13 100 yard games and 1 200 yard game at age 26.

6'3, 215.

BIG MISTAKE.

Have you been paying attention??? We were not going to get Roy for a 2nd...and I certainly wouldn't want the team to give upt a 1st, 3rd, and 6th like that idiot Jones did!!!

No, I'm not dissappointed in the least bit. Keep our pick and let's keep building through the Draft. After all, we did so well in 2008. Let's keep the good times rolling in 2009.

no.

there is no one available that we need that is anywhere near worth the asking price. don't forget guys, the idea behind a trade mid-season for picks is that you are that one player away from attaining playoffs/championship. If we only needed ONE player, then maybe it might be worth looking into. we're rebuilding, and we need those picks.

Yes because without a leader in the secondary or the receiving core we will be subjected to more of what we saw against the Texans.

Didn't really want to trade picks for players, though I would have like to have seen Beck or Hagan sent to another team for like a 6th round pick. Not the fault of the Dolphins, because I bet they did shop them, and probably couldn't find a taker.

If I was disappointed in anything it was that we didnt trade anyone on the bottom half of the roster for late picks...

BIG MISTAKE.

But because it is rare that a receiver of that quality becomes available for trade or as a free agent.

We wanted a Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Plaxico Burress type receiver, so we signed Ernest Wilford.

6'3, 215.

BIG MISTAKE.

Over the past few seasons we have seen TO, R Moss, P Burress and now R Williams have changed teams via trade or FA.

I'm not sure Crabtree is going to get picked in the top 5. however, if he is there is also D Hayward-Bey and Jeremy Maclin (who I love). THose guys are going to go in the 10-20 range which is were we are going to be picking.

Why would the Lions trade Roy to us for a 2nd when they could get a 1st, 3rd and 6th from the Cowboys.

I voted yes, but I will live. I just felt we were close to being able to compete this year (I know, I know....)

I posted this in one of the Roy williams threads that got merged a thousand times and poofed into another forum, but I feel it sums up my feelings on it pretty well....

After hearing about the Roy Williams trade I can't help but feel like the Eddie Murphy McDonald's skit.

If you recall, as a young boy Eddie would go outside and see all his friends with a nice fat juicy McDonalds burger.

So he goes and asks his mom for McDonalds. She tells him, we will make you better than McDonalds baby. "Now, go run to the market and get me some chop meat, peppers, onions, eggs and a loaf of wonder bread."

Eddie says "But McDonalds aint got no peppers....."
"McDonalds aint got no eggs....." etc etc.

Sure enough, his mama's burger isnt that McDonalds burger.

Well, every year I see teams going out and getting these sweet *** Big Macs.....

And every year we are stuck with the mama's burgers.

I WANT MCDONALDS!!!!!!

Well, I guess we got the food stamps to get us more mama's burger ingredients again in march.

BIG MISTAKE.

6'3, 215.

BIG MISTAKE.

I don't know if you noticed, but the Lions got a first, third and sixth for Roy. I'm sure the Dolphins would have traded a 2nd for Roy, but that obviously wouldn't have gotten the deal done.

Over the past few seasons we have seen TO, R Moss, P Burress and now R Williams have changed teams via trade or FA.

I'm not sure Crabtree is going to get picked in the top 5. however, if he is there is also D Hayward-Bey and Jeremy Maclin (who I love). THose guys are going to go in the 10-20 range which is were we are going to be picking.

Why would the Lions trade Roy to us for a 2nd when they could get a 1st, 3rd and 6th from the Cowboys.

Jerry Rice was taken 16th in the draft in '85. I see where you're going with that one.

I think the TriFecta would have made moves IF they made sense. Giving up a 1, 3, 6 and 7 for a WR who played well in the past but not so this season....um.....I think not. I can understand why the Cowboys did it since they want to win NOW and have the team to do it. There offense is now practically unstopable whereas ours would have become average.

We need to rebuild and giving all those picks away would have been insane.

What this tells me is that they do plan on resigning Crowder and Carey. Now I wish they would get it done already. Then to figure out who to draft and simply enjoy the rest of this year w/o expect playoffs.

DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT!!! That's the way we need rebuild, we did it the other way for years just giving away draft picks for nothing.

BIG MISTAKE.

6'3, 215.

BIG MISTAKE.

Negative. A team with a few holes such as the Phins would be idiotic to send multiple picks away just to plug one of their holes. It isn't like RW would make the Phins SB bound.

But this is bound to happen to fans of many NFL teams. Oh noes, we didn't trade for INSERT NAME HERE. The FO sucks, wahhhhhhhhh

i understand people wanting to keep picks, but do still think sometimes picks are overvalued. I have no issuse giving up a first for williams, if we're looking for a wr in the draft then lets go get a known productive player, as i've said in a previous post we used a first round draft pick on ted ginn....... Ted ginn or roy williams hmmm? I do believe the cowboys overspent on him though they really are gambling repeated success for one superbowl and i can see it blowing up in there faces.

I am disappointed we didn't get him simply cuz he is an awesome receiver, but the asking price of the lions was just way too much imo.

Back
Top Bottom