Are you disappointed we did not make a trade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade?

Are you disappointed we did not make a trade... Yes/No/Why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I was disappointed in anything it was that we didnt trade anyone on the bottom half of the roster for late picks...

Trades in the NFL hardly ever go down anyway. How many other teams made a move? And why the hell would a team trade for a guy who you deem as 'bottom half of the roster' on a rebuilding team?

Yes or No? and Why...

I for one am not disappointed, I do not believe we are "a" player away from making the playoffs. I am looking at this as a long term project and giving away draft picks is not the way to rebuild. IMO, we are a couple of drafts away from being a great team and we need our picks.
I am not disappointed at all. You said it best when you said we might or might not be a player away from making the playoffs. Sorry, I want to see the dolphins win the superbowl (or a couple), not 2-4 years of just barley making the playoffs.

damn wish you had been the GM in 2007 when we took Ginn at 9.

see...this is the bashing and harping on Ginn that gets so old to those of us who don't hate him. there are plenty of threads for you to express your hatred...and you have taken full advantage. But still couldn't resist hijacking this thread!!!!!!! :(

I'm not really disappointed that we didn't trade for Williams, but I am a little disappointed we didn't make any moves at all.

I agree with this, especially for what Dallas had to give up to get him. I would never have done that! But I am disappointed we didn't at least move Beck or some players like Hagan or Jason Allen for late round picks. I would loved to have seen that. Those guys are just dead weight.

build through the draft...had we traded for Roy Williams he would have just signed with Dallas in the offseason, thus we would have wasted draft picks....Dallas gave a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for him...WAY TOO MUCH IMO

No. I am not disappointed at all. We had a good draft this year and we will continue to be a far better drafting team than we ever have been. The Cowboys giving up a 1st, 3rd and 6th for Williams and a 7th is the kind of move that has kept them winless in the playoffs for what 11? 12 years? They were a perenial 5-11 team before the Tuna got there and rebuilt them. It is becoming obvious from their pickups since the Tuna and Company left that in the very near future they will start their slide back into insignificance. Jerry Jones needs to stay out of his team and put real football people in charge again.

Hey Jerry, Hows Pacman doing?

The Lions got a whole lot more than a second for Roy. I know It's all gloom and doom around here, but any first round pick is better than any 2nd round pick.

I am a little disappointed that Hagan is still on the team.

Who was going to take Hagan? I doubt we could get a #7 or any kind of player. And now I think we know the answer to who was going to take Beck. Nobody. I thought trading Porter while the iron was hot might be the best move the Phins could have made if it meant at least a #1 in return. That being said, I am not angry with no deal for him either. He is having a pro bowl year.

I'm not disappointed. Roy Williams is one of the few I would even consider trading draft picks for (Bolden, Marshall, Andre Johnson, among a few others). The only reason I would even consider getting a receiver like these guys is because if we don't get a top receiver in the draft next year, we won't have a true #1 that is ready to make a big and steady contribution to what will hopefully be a Dolphins playoff team within two years. Instead we will wait and develop the guy and he won't be a difference maker for probably three years.

But I'm not really complaining. I just want one of those studs on my team soon!

And no, I'm not sold on Ginn being our #1 for the near future, but he is an amazing return guy and I could see him developing into a great #2 speedster kinda like Wayne is to Harrison.

Yes or No? and Why...

I for one am not disappointed, I do not believe we are "a" player away from making the playoffs. I am looking at this as a long term project and giving away draft picks is not the way to rebuild. IMO, we are a couple of drafts away from being a great team and we need our picks.

No, the only one really worth trying to get was Roy Williams, but he was way to expensive. I would rather have another good draft then give away half our picks for one guy.

Although getting Roy would have been nice, it just wasn't going to happen. Dallas gave up a 1, 3 & 6 for him. Plus they have to go out and either sign him for a big extention this year or bid against everyone else after the season. They won't chance that, so I'm sure that after a couple games (assuming he does at least OK in those games) they'll have to offer him a multi-year & multi-million dollar contract. Maybe Dallas can afford all those picks and millions of $$, but at this point, we'd be committing franchise suicide if we did it for one guy. We have too many holes to plug.

at this moment in the year, the players are very, VERY expensive. Look what detroit had for roy williams, it's simply crazy .... GMs feel the urge of the trading team to get better at a position for THIS season, and that's why the price engulfs as it did in the Roy trade... just look at the Jason Taylor trade, we got a 2nd and IMO we got lucky. The FO was brilliant in keeping him because we wouldn't have gotten better if we traded him sooner ... but imagine for a second what we would've had if we kept him into the season and the giants went after him after the umenyora injury ? there would've been a huge bidding war between the giants and the redskins, and we'd be looking at a first round pick .... so basically, the prices are too high in october, i'm happy with the decision to keep the amunitions, evaluate our own guys and make a decision after the season

on the other hand, i would've like us to trade a player for some other picks... i'm convinced john beck could've been traded for a 5th round pick

I'm just kinda sick of all this idiotic trade talks. Most of you sound like you are running a fantasy league, or a strip club for older men. I'm sure the Dolphins trade to trade some players like Ted Ginn; however, there were barely any takers out there for what they already seem as a bust.

Back
Top Bottom