Are you guys stupid?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you guys stupid??

Jeep you hit it right on when you said
Wanny has gotten EVERYTHING he has asked for.. and yet.. we get swept...

IMO that is the worst part. He has gotten everything he wants. Yet the team seems to be going backwards in terms of progress. Hell IF (and it is an IF, but could happen) we lose the last three games the dolphins records would have gotten WORSE EVERY year that dave has been here. I really am disgusted with him and his coaching staff(Fires Westoff and Bodreau(sp?) for his old Chicago buddies). However sadly, I also agree with aqua... who do we get that is actually a proven improvement?

Originally posted by Agua
Hell, I'd go with JJ but he ain't going to come out of retirement to kick his buddy dave out of a job.
he wont have to dave will be let go count on it

You know... as silly as this will sound at first thought... it will make sense the more you think about it..

With that said.. the person I would like to see as the next head coach is...... Dan Marino....

The guy is not only an icon in South Florida.. but he knows his x's and o's... he can ask Mr Shula for advice or counsel and use his many years of experience... also I believe he will bring some magic back to the team..

There is no doubt he would be instantly accepted by the fans and the players would probably respect him also...

The only question I see... is if Dan would give up his posistion at HBO and CBS.....

Still waiting for the name of the available proven HC that has demonstrated he can get a 10-11 win team over the hump to the superbowl.

head coaches who are otherwise under contract or "retired" suddenly become available when cherry jobs open up...ie butch davis, ben howland, john gruden.

seeing as stoops probably will not become available, this team needs to make a push for jim tressell. he has won on every level and his players would die for him

Jeep. Puhlease man. Not dumping on you, but Dan Marino has never coached on any level. Hell, you might as well suggest Jim Mandich.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

head coaches who are otherwise under contract or "retired" suddenly become available when cherry jobs open up...ie butch davis, ben howland, john gruden.

seeing as stoops probably will not become available, this team needs to make a push for jim tressell. he has won on every level and his players would die for him

I hope that Jim Tressel does not even get mentioned for the Miami Job.

Jeep. Puhlease man. Not dumping on you, but Dan Marino has never coached on any level. Hell, you might as well suggest Jim Mandich.

... or Dieon Sanders

Originally posted by BigFinFan

I hope that Jim Tressel does not even get mentioned for the Miami Job.

who is that girl in your avatar man??? Deadly...

Dan Marino!?????!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You start this thread by calling everyone stupid then you make a suggestion like that? Come on; get real! When was the last time a star NFL player made the transition to HC? Can't think of one? That's because it's never happened; at least not in the modern era of pro football. Superstar players do not make good coaches because they expect everything to be done a certain way- the way they did it- and when it doesn't happen that way they fail and/or quit. Heck, look at the NBA, those idiots keep giving HC positions to former superstar players and, thus far, not a single one of those guys has a ring as a coach.

It's not a good idea to insult people and then make a boneheaded comment; it just makes you look hypocritical and/or ignorant.

Did he just say Dan Marino ? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while ? He wants Dave fired so we can bring in a guy with no coaching experience ? Jesus. Anyways, I'm just hoping we win out and Denver looses one more game and we get to sneak into the playoffs. That's all I care about which making the damn playoffs. Last week after Dallas everyone was back on aboard the wagon. Now we just suck? Isn't it just our luck this Defense give up 3 points and we still lose. And to answer your question Aqua: it's ZERO. I just keep asking myself who's better out there than Norv and Dave ? I guess we will soon find out. But I hope we keep em for one more year..

Still waiting for the name of the available proven HC that has demonstrated he can get a 10-11 win team over the hump to the superbowl.

I would take Jimmy Johnson back for a 2 yr deal to see what happens.
He is an upgrade from Wanny, although he let us all down twice before, (1) for quitting and (2) for recommending Wanny to become HC.
Not 1st on why wish list but teams aren't going to let go of successful coaches.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305

Did he just say Dan Marino ? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while ?

Yes he did and yes it was! :shakeno:

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
I just keep asking myself who's better out there than Norv and Dave ?

Tyrone Willingham. The guy will never leave Notre Dame after only two seasons but he's an incredible coach. Bob Stoops would also be nice but I don't think he'll leave the Fraudulent ...errrr.... championship Sooners any time soon.

As far as guys with NFL HC experience, there really isn't anyone out there who's worth a fat crap. Coughlin? Please, his players hated him and practically ran him out of town; not the kind of guy you need on a veteran team. Reeves? He has the same record as the Jills in the Super Bowl: 0-4. Plus he's older than dirt. Dennis Green? Not likely. He wants to control everything and we've seen over and over again that the HC/GM role simply does not work. Pete Carroll? He's a GREAT college coach but not an NFL guy; I also think there's about a snowball's chance in Hell that he leaves USC after the incredible job he's done there.

There are a handful of other guys out there but their names really aren't worth mentioning. This team needs an offensive minded HC to get the ship righted again and get things going the way they should be with a team like this.

I guess the issue is settled. Jeep is the stupid one :)

I think some of you guys are getting DEFENDING WANNY confused with realizing there's nothing better available. This team underachieved, as per usual. The point I, and others have been making is not "Wanny's doing a satisfactory job". but "who the hell are you going to get that will do better". The answer is the available HC's with experience are worse or no better than Wanny. College coaches ... sorry, forget it. That's a crap shoot.

Back
Top Bottom