Are you guys stupid?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you guys stupid??

Originally posted by Oboy
Jeep you hit it right on when you said

IMO that is the worst part. He has gotten everything he wants. Yet the team seems to be going backwards in terms of progress. Hell IF (and it is an IF, but could happen) we lose the last three games the dolphins records would have gotten WORSE EVERY year that dave has been here. I really am disgusted with him and his coaching staff(Fires Westoff and Bodreau(sp?) for his old Chicago buddies). However sadly, I also agree with aqua... who do we get that is actually a proven improvement?

Interesting that you brought up Westoff. What is he doing?

Originally posted by CA Dolfan

Interesting that you brought up Westoff. What is he doing?

Thought he was the ST Coach for the Jets

Originally posted by Agua
I think some of you guys are getting DEFENDING WANNY confused with realizing there's nothing better available. This team underachieved, as per usual. The point I, and others have been making is not "Wanny's doing a satisfactory job". but "who the hell are you going to get that will do better". The answer is the available HC's with experience are worse or no better than Wanny. College coaches ... sorry, forget it. That's a crap shoot.

There is no coach ever that you can say, yes, let's hire this guy and win some SBs. If that's what you're waiting for, you'll be waiting a long, long time. You have to take chances. Coaches who have won SBs were doing something else before they were hired as that team's HC. Wanny's had his chance for 4 years now, if things continue like they are, this team will have regressed each of those 4 years. 4 years is enough time to improve a team enough to at least make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs, especially when that team was already playoff caliber when he was hired. The Wanny experiment is almost over, time to give someone else a try.

So far, I've heard Jim Fassel (coach of a 4-9 team that has spun out of control), Tyrone Willingham (coach of a 5-7 college team that's spun out of control) and Dan Marino (who's never coached in any capacity in any level of football). Real solid, guys.

If the Fins finish 9-7 or worse, go ahead and fire Wanny. If the team finishes any better, it will be an improvement over last year, and the team will have gone no worse than 2-2 in a brutal December stretch. To fire him under those circumstances seems foolish to me.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
So far, I've heard Jim Fassel (coach of a 4-9 team that has spun out of control), Tyrone Willingham (coach of a 5-7 college team that's spun out of control) and Dan Marino (who's never coached in any capacity in any level of football). Real solid, guys.

If the Fins finish 9-7 or worse, go ahead and fire Wanny. If the team finishes any better, it will be an improvement over last year, and the team will have gone no worse than 2-2 in a brutal December stretch. To fire him under those circumstances seems foolish to me.

look atb this discussion....ridiculous...

what if we win out and do not make the playoffs...

11-5,11-5, 9-7, 11-5......and yet we need another coach?

Fassel? dan Marino? some college coach....pathetic...

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Really???....

When was the last time Wanny took a team to the Super Bowl???...

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

when God gave out wisdom you were obviously fed with a tea spoon while everybody else got a bottle...

By your anology there shouldn't be ANY coaches in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may "seem" foolish to fire a coach who in three seasons has 39 wins, and is averaging around 10 wins a season, but not with the talent this team possesses....

IMO, this team is talented enough be fighting for home field advantage this year....Where are they???

Considering the the coaching blunders this off-season, he's lucky he's still here IMO. He would have lasted about half a season in NY or any other "fanatical football city" IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Mike Ditka is a Hall of Fame TE and he worked out pretty well. :) Ozzy Newsome also became one hell of an exec. Maybe it's just something about TEs.

But to the point, Dan Marino has no prior coaching experience. None whatsoever. And to top it off, he has no interest in coaching. He said it might be fun for a few games, but that's all.

I just don't dig one Dolfan calling another Dolfan(s) "stupid" right off the top. Especially when that's the title. Not cool. But Jeep, you kinda messed up with the Dan Marino thing. So I guess it evened out. :)

It may "seem" foolish to fire a coach who in three seasons has 39 wins, and is averaging around 10 wins a season, but not with the talent this team possesses....

IMO, this team is talented enough be fighting for home field advantage this year....Where are they???

Considering the the coaching blunders this off-season, he's lucky he's still here IMO. He would have lasted about half a season in NY or any other "fanatical football city" IMO.....

ever considered that all that talent may not play up to their talent because they just feel like it?

It may "seem" foolish to fire a coach who in three seasons has 39 wins, and is averaging around 10 wins a season

Yup, it does. Especially when coaches like Steve Spurrier receive votes of confidence from their owners. And when Mike Sherman seems in no danger of lising his job. Likewise for Jim Haslett and Mike Holmgren.

He would have lasted about half a season in NY or any other "fanatical football city" IMO.....

I don't know. Herm Edwards still has a job

BTW ... the definition of "stupid" is not "having an opinion different from your own."

I think Aqua's question was already answered. Coughlin, you may not like his ways but he is proven and has taken an expansion team further than Wanny has ever taken the fins.

You wanted proven? It's been answered.

Back
Top Bottom