Are you guys stupid?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you guys stupid??

I have to ask this: would we even be having this discussion if Olindo had made just one 35-yard field goal against the Patriots in game 1, thus leaving us 9-4 now and within one game of the division lead?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I have to ask this: would we even be having this discussion if Olindo had made just one 35-yard field goal against the Patriots in game 1, thus leaving us 9-4 now and within one game of the division lead?

of course not....the coach would then be the hero...

:D

Too many of us are just pissed that we have all of this talent and we are doing nothing with what we have.

Let's all take a step back and look at the league realistically.

If the season ended today, the following teams would make the playoffs:

AFC
2003 - Patriots, Chiefs, Colts, Ravens, Titans, Broncos
2002 – Colts, Titans, Jets, Raiders, Steelers, Browns

NFC
2003 - Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Panthers, Cowboys, Seahawks
2002 – Eagles, Bucs, 49’ers, Falcons, Packers, Giants

Three teams form last year would make the playoffs if the season ended today! Talk about Parity!!!

The Conference champions are a combined 9-17 (Buc’s 6 – 7, Radiers 3 – 10)

These two teams went to the Super Bowl last year, and NEITHER ONE has a winning record! Did either of them revamp their roster? I am pretty certain that the majority of the players that went to the Super bowl with the Raiders and Buc’s are still their, but both teams have losing records!

We have a butt load of talent on this team – but so do the other 31 teams in the NFL.

IF we were to fire DW (and the entire coaching staff – like many have suggested), would we really be any better?

SOLUTION #1
We get a new HC, OC, and DC. Each of these would bring their own system with them and it would be something new that EVERYONE would have to learn! That alone would set us back 1 year in our quest for the Lombardi Trophy.

SOLUTION #2
Keep the coaching staff intact and bring in a new QB to start. We release BG or JF and have the other restructure to be the back-up. The new QB would have to learn NT’s system and this might take a while – remember how BG struggled in the beginning.

SOLUTION #3
Keep the entire team intact, with minimal roster adjustment – except for the offensive line (read turnstile). Acquire offensive improvement via FA and the draft (WR, OL, QB).
LEAVE THE DEFENSE ALONE – JUST RESIGN OUR FA’s and RFA’s

Next year – SUPERBOWL!

Originally posted by Jeep
I see people defending Wanny or defending Jay.. and even defending the "5 guys"

So I have to ask you.. are you stupid or just plain lacking in intelligence??

Wanny is a horrible coach... with all the talent that is on this team.. we stand a very good chance of missing the playoffs for the 2nd straight year....

Wanny wanted Jr.. he got him.. Wanny wanted Knight... he got him.. Wanny wanted Zgonia {sp}... he got him.. Wanny wanted Ricky... he got him... Wanny wanted Norv... he got him.....

Wanny has gotten EVERYTHING he has asked for.. and yet.. we get swept...

Jay is a decent back-up QB... no more.. no less.. there is no way he is a MVP candidate or ever will be... in fact... I doubt he would get a starting job on any other team in the NFL and yet he has a 6 MILLION dollar contract...... For a QB that cant hit a receiver in stride or cant throw the long ball and has as many interceptions as he does.. should not get paid 6 MILLION dollars...

Lastly.. the "5 guys"... These guys are probably the worst O-line in the biz....... I dont care if they are rooks.. or that they are old.. or maybe their injured... everyone is injured this time of the year..

These guys are paid professional athletes.. that means they get paid for doing a job.. and I hate to tell ya.. they aint doing it.. wouldn't it be nice to f*ck up as consistently as these guys do and still get paid for it... ???

I tell ya all something.. This team (on or off paper) has soooo much talent they should have been fighting for an undefeated season instead of fighting to make the last wildcard spot..

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
It may "seem" foolish to fire a coach who in three seasons has 39 wins, and is averaging around 10 wins a season, but not with the talent this team possesses....

IMO, this team is talented enough be fighting for home field advantage this year....Where are they???

Considering the the coaching blunders this off-season, he's lucky he's still here IMO. He would have lasted about half a season in NY or any other "fanatical football city" IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Amen

IF we were to fire DW (and the entire coaching staff – like many have suggested), would we really be any better?

SOLUTION #1
We get a new HC, OC, and DC. Each of these would bring their own system with them and it would be something new that EVERYONE would have to learn! That alone would set us back 1 year in our quest for the Lombardi Trophy.

SOLUTION #2
Keep the coaching staff intact and bring in a new QB to start. We release BG or JF and have the other restructure to be the back-up. The new QB would have to learn NT’s system and this might take a while – remember how BG struggled in the beginning.

SOLUTION #3
Keep the entire team intact, with minimal roster adjustment – except for the offensive line (read turnstile). Acquire offensive improvement via FA and the draft (WR, OL, QB).
LEAVE THE DEFENSE ALONE – JUST RESIGN OUR FA’s and RFA’s

Next year – SUPERBOWL!

Answer to your question would we be better - YES! Because Wanny is a defensive coordinator at best, our defense rocks, he doesn't have the gift of spotting talent, he doesn't motivate or discipline (get pissed at) his players.
We need a hard nosed s.o.b. of a coach who strikes fear into the rookies and gets respect from the stars on this team.

If we go w/ solution 1b it didn't take Chucky Gruden all that long in Tampa Bay now did it?

Solution #2b still requires a line that can pass block & run block because even if it was Vick that we got Ricky can't run with this pathetic line.

Solution 3b - We are doing this now, we got a few veterans and thats all we needed and that is working out wonderfully.

DW has got to go!!!!

I don't want to rebuild, we have waited long enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by justafan
I think Aqua's question was already answered. Coughlin, you may not like his ways but he is proven and has taken an expansion team further than Wanny has ever taken the fins.

You wanted proven? It's been answered.

Coughlin made the Conference championship game, what? One time? Twice maybe? Carolina did so in their third year as well. Coughlin also had the benefit of someone you should be familiar with, Bill Polian, who was handed the most outlandish double dipping draft pick scenario and cap leeway ever accorded to any team in an effort to make them competitive in a hurry. They were giving them double picks for, what? 3 years?

The only edge Coughlin has over the remaining ilk out there is he hasn't proven that he's WORSE than Wanny and that he's mean sob players hate. A lot of his success, which was for maybe 3-4 years, has to be attributed to the treasure trove handed over to Polian who's a top talent guy to begin with.

Originally posted by T-Bone
Tampa Bay didn't rebuild!!!!!!

Of course, they're 6-7 this year. I'm not sure I'm ready to hand the lion's share of the credit for the SB win to Chucky.

Originally posted by Agua

Coughlin made the Conference championship game, what? One time? Twice maybe? Carolina did so in their third year as well. Coughlin also had the benefit of someone you should be familiar with, Bill Polian, who was handed the most outlandish double dipping draft pick scenario and cap leeway ever accorded to any team in an effort to make them competitive in a hurry. They were giving them double picks for, what? 3 years?

The only edge Coughlin has over the remaining ilk out there is he hasn't proven that he's WORSE than Wanny and that he's mean sob players hate. A lot of his success, which was for maybe 3-4 years, has to be attributed to the treasure trove handed over to Polian who's a top talent guy to begin with.

Ah major blunder there Polian worked in Carolina and did work with Coughlin. Coughlin was a dictator with total control in Jacksonville.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
It may "seem" foolish to fire a coach who in three seasons has 39 wins, and is averaging around 10 wins a season, but not with the talent this team possesses....

IMO, this team is talented enough be fighting for home field advantage this year....Where are they???

Considering the the coaching blunders this off-season, he's lucky he's still here IMO. He would have lasted about half a season in NY or any other "fanatical football city" IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Two comments:

1. We don't have the talent to be fighting for home field advantage. We have holes on the o-line, and WR.

2. You can't make coaching blunders in the off-season.

Originally posted by Jeep
You know... as silly as this will sound at first thought... it will make sense the more you think about it..

With that said.. the person I would like to see as the next head coach is...... Dan Marino....

The guy is not only an icon in South Florida.. but he knows his x's and o's... he can ask Mr Shula for advice or counsel and use his many years of experience... also I believe he will bring some magic back to the team..

There is no doubt he would be instantly accepted by the fans and the players would probably respect him also...

The only question I see... is if Dan would give up his posistion at HBO and CBS.....

Actually it doesn't make more sense as I think about it.... Its one of the dumbest suggestions I've ever read...

The only question is....CAN HE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, this is getting comical.

Originally posted by Expo88
When was the last time a star NFL player made the transition to HC? Can't think of one?

I can think of two right off the bat... Tom Landry and Don Shula... they were once players that graduated into 2 of the greatest coaches off all time..... but since you asked.. lets move on.. yeah there was Ditka... Tom Flores once played and ended up winning the Superbowl as a coach of the Raiders..

And many EX players went on to other management posistions... there is Dwight Clark and Matt Millen to name just two....

Now.. shall we cross over into baseball?? I can think of many players that turned manager... or how about basket ball?? Larry Bird was one of the greatest and he coached!!!

So maybe before you laugh in someone's face.. maybe you should open up that prejudicial little mind you have and listen to other peoples opinions..

Originally posted by Agua
Jeep. Puhlease man. Not dumping on you, but Dan Marino has never coached on any level. Hell, you might as well suggest Jim Mandich.

Yeah..you're right... and its funny how that works.. you dont have experience until you do... I just happen to think he would be respected by the players and the fans...

Originally posted by Muck
he has no interest in coaching. He said it might be fun for a few games, but that's all.

I did not know that......

Originally posted by Muck

I just don't dig one Dolfan calling another Dolfan(s) "stupid" right off the top. Especially when that's the title. Not cool.

Sorry Muck... I didn't mean to ruffle your tail feathers.......

Originally posted by relive1972

There is no coach ever that you can say, yes, let's hire this guy and win some SBs.

Well, I think that was close to the situation with B. Parcells and JJ. Hell, you might throw Bellichick in there now. That's the kind of upgrade you're talking about to get a team over the 9 - 11 win hump, and none of those guys are available. If there was a young rising coach like Gruden, who had already proven he could put together a consistent 12 win team, despite what's happened in Tampa, I'd be inclined to say "he's on the rise, he's proven, give him a shot", but there ain't.

Back
Top Bottom