Are you guys stupid?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you guys stupid??

Originally posted by Expo88

Hey, I'm not the genius who wrote it. You might want to look up succinct in the dictionary; it would help you with your repetitive written stammering.

Ok Expo, you win.. everything you say is proof positive absolutely correct...

dang.. I am stammering again... ok let me retype it..

A gracious and most honorable victory Expo, your intelligence and wisdom is beyond anyone capabilities...

Dang it.. there I go again.. not being succinct enough...

ok.. one more try... here goes..

Expo... you're a jerk...

There is that concise enough ???

Ok, it's done now. You both got your shots in. Lets get back on highway before we get TOO far into the woods.

Originally posted by Jeep

Ok Expo, you win.. everything you say is proof positive absolutely correct...

dang.. I am stammering again... ok let me retype it..

A gracious and most honorable victory Expo, your intelligence and wisdom is beyond anyone capabilities...

Dang it.. there I go again.. not being succinct enough...

ok.. one more try... here goes..

Expo... you're a jerk...

There is that concise enough ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Priceless!

Originally posted by Agua

Well, I think that was close to the situation with B. Parcells and JJ. Hell, you might throw Bellichick in there now. That's the kind of upgrade you're talking about to get a team over the 9 - 11 win hump, and none of those guys are available. If there was a young rising coach like Gruden, who had already proven he could put together a consistent 12 win team, despite what's happened in Tampa, I'd be inclined to say "he's on the rise, he's proven, give him a shot", but there ain't.

Yeah well, look at what we got when we hired JJ, certainly not what he promised. Parcells hasn't done anything without Belichick by his side, and concerning Belichik, when the Pats hired him his HC resume was that he failed as a HC with the Browns. He's only been considered a 'genius' since the Pats won the SB in '01.

And if you're waiting for a coach who has put together 12 win teams, you'll be waiting a long time because generally coaches with that kind of record don't get fired and I hear the NFL has mandated there will be no more trades for coaches like Tampa did with Oakland. Meanwhile this good defense we have gets older and older.....

Dan Marino!?????!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You start this thread by calling everyone stupid then you make a suggestion like that? Come on; get real! When was the last time a star NFL player made the transition to HC? Can't think of one? That's because it's never happened; at least not in the modern era of pro football. Superstar players do not make good coaches because they expect everything to be done a certain way- the way they did it- and when it doesn't happen that way they fail and/or quit. Heck, look at the NBA, those idiots keep giving HC positions to former superstar players and, thus far, not a single one of those guys has a ring as a coach.

It's not a good idea to insult people and then make a boneheaded comment; it just makes you look hypocritical and/or ignorant.

Yeah, because Bill Russell didn't win annny titles as a coach...

I think everyone is forgetting the fact that every coach has to start somewhere. Much as I hate the Yankees, Joe Torre is a former player and, well, hard to argue w/ what he does. No one is born a coach, they all start somewhere. I'm not saying Dan Marino should be the new coach, but I would not mind seeing him as a QB coach. Obviously, not w/ Fiedler but w/ whoever we draft to replace him, preferably a player like Eli Manning or Philip Rivers.

If it takes a year to rebuild, I'll take it. I'd prefer setting up the future and sacrificing a bad year or two over simply sticking w/ the current system and constantly breaking my heart.

The Dolphins have all the makings of an offensive juggernaut. Chambers, McKnight, McMichael, Thompson all open up the pass attack. Only thing is, we don't have anyone who can hit these guys on a regular basis. We have a good running back but everyone knows that we can't pass the ball w/ Fiedler/Griese so they anticipate the run, which results in the crappy year Ricky is suffering through.

A QB and reformed O-Line. All I ask for. As long we get those and keep the D intact, we win the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Of course, they're 6-7 this year. I'm not sure I'm ready to hand the lion's share of the credit for the SB win to Chucky.

But you seem ready to hand the lion's share of the blame for them being 6-7 to Gruden. Before you do, check out their injuries. Their secondary has been hit hard with injuries this season, and losing Alstott for the year was a major blow too. That, and they do have a few head cases who thought they could mail in their victories this season, but they'll be gone soon enough.

Hewre are soem Head Coach choices for you:

George Seifert
Denny Green
Bob Stoops
Nick Saban
Mike Ditka
Tom Coughlin
Bill Cowher
Lovie Smith

All would be better choices. Don't the unproven coaches either. A little while back no one had heard of Jeff Fischer or Brian Billick or John Gruden. Now look?

Either way a change is in order and Jeep is right on the money.

Fiedler Huggers give it up!! It's over!!

Originally posted by uncle_joe

Yeah, because Bill Russell didn't win annny titles as a coach...

I think everyone is forgetting the fact that every coach has to start somewhere. Much as I hate the Yankees, Joe Torre is a former player and, well, hard to argue w/ what he does. No one is born a coach, they all start somewhere. I'm not saying Dan Marino should be the new coach, but I would not mind seeing him as a QB coach. Obviously, not w/ Fiedler but w/ whoever we draft to replace him, preferably a player like Eli Manning or Philip Rivers.

If it takes a year to rebuild, I'll take it. I'd prefer setting up the future and sacrificing a bad year or two over simply sticking w/ the current system and constantly breaking my heart.

The Dolphins have all the makings of an offensive juggernaut. Chambers, McKnight, McMichael, Thompson all open up the pass attack. Only thing is, we don't have anyone who can hit these guys on a regular basis. We have a good running back but everyone knows that we can't pass the ball w/ Fiedler/Griese so they anticipate the run, which results in the crappy year Ricky is suffering through.

A QB and reformed O-Line. All I ask for. As long we get those and keep the D intact, we win the Super Bowl.

First off we're talking about 35+ years ago for Russell and his Celtics and I said the MODERN ERA of N-F-L coaching, I was merely using the NBA as a recent example of a multitude of failed superstar/coaches. Ditka may be the one exception here but even he was arguably only a good NFL coach for one season; beyond 1985 what did he really do?

As far as baseball goes, we're talking sports here, not silly games. Baseball managers don't coach "X's" and "O's" the way football, basketball, or hockey coaches do. They merely make decisions on roster moves and insertions but they are NEVER asked to make split second, forth and one calls. Neither do they have the overwhelming amount of information thrown at them like other coaches. There's a reason they're called managers and not coaches and that's because they manage players they don't coach games. In other words let's toss baseball off the table right now as it doesn't even come close to applying to an NFL situation.

Marino would most likely be one of the worst coaches in the history of the game because the guy has a huge ego and he does things the way he wants and nobody's going to tell him differently. That takes nothing away from Dan the player- in fact that's what made him what he was- but that kind of ego doesn't translate well into coaching and that has been proven over and over and over again.

Think about it, who are the best player coaches? Jeff Fisher, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, etc. These guys were all good players but they were never great. They knew how to work into a team to make it better by playing their part but they never had anything handed to them. They were blue collar players who were students of the game and who checked their egos to make their teams better. Marino, Elway, Emmit, Barry Sanders, Dion (sp?), etc. are not guys that know how to check their egos because they were the best and therefore expect those who they instruct to perform as they did and when they don't they get frustrated.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
i know this will get some attention but what about JJ dan is gone there will be no problem with running instead of passing he can evaluate talent he sure as hell can draft!! can you say our defense now! jj was resposible for taylor,madison,surtain,marion,thomas,and konrad.the guy can see talent all those guys were late rounders but konrad jj would fit good now we have alot of players in place.anybody agree?? if not can you tell me why?
he also brought in avery and collins i believe!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by fin-atic
Hewre are soem Head Coach choices for you:

George Seifert
Denny Green
Bob Stoops
Nick Saban
Mike Ditka
Tom Coughlin
Bill Cowher

All would be better choices. Don't the unproven coaches either. A little while back no one had heard of Jeff Fischer or Brian Billick or John Gruden. Now look?

Either way a change is in order and Jeep is right on the money.

Fiedler Huggers give it up!! It's over!!

-Siefert: Done. He's old, he ran a good Carolina team into the ground, and he looked defeated by the time it was over; never a look you want a coach to have.

-Ditka: Are you serious! The guy had one good year as a HC and that was it. He did nothing with the Aints and is simply not any better than what we have now.

-Coughlin: He's an A-hole who's players hate him; why would anyone want this guy as their HC.

-Cowher: He's not going to get fired and will not be available. At any rate the guy simply seems to be slipping; he probably needs some time in the booth to get away and regroup.

-Green: Intriguing because he's an offensive minded guy and that's what this team needs but he may want much more control than he should have; especially with a talent like Spielman in there. Besides, HC/GM's don't work and we've seen that over and over again.

-Saban: Not gonna happen so keep dreaming.

-Stoops: If he wins the National Fraud...errrr....Championship game he may bolt, otherwise he'll probably stick around because he'll still have something to prove.

P.S. I really hope they bring Fiedler back as the starter next year just to watch you pop your cork every week about how bad the guy is; it's hilarious! :evil:

P.S. I really hope they bring Fiedler back as the starter next year just to watch you pop your cork every week about how bad the guy is; it's hilarious! :evil:
that did get me laughing to myself!:D

You guys are silly kids. Because I like to come on here and twist your nipples about Jay you think I am all stirred up. I am smiling the whole time.

I don't forget that the game and this forum is all entertainment.

By the way:

Seifert =SB Winner and great offensive coach.
Ditka=SB Winner NO?? PLEASE! He had a lot to work with there huh?
Cowher, Coughlin, and Green have all gone further into the playoffs than Dave.

At this point I would rather have Deion Sanders over Wanny.

Back
Top Bottom