Are you guys stupid?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you guys stupid??

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Of course, they're 6-7 this year. I'm not sure I'm ready to hand the lion's share of the credit for the SB win to Chucky.

Very nicely put DrAstroZoom!

Sorry, but I am a FAN! I do not want a "one hit wonder" like Tampa Bay!

Hmmmmmmmmmm. what has chucky really done?

Originally posted by Jeep
I can think of two right off the bat... Tom Landry and Don Shula... they were once players that graduated into 2 of the greatest coaches off all time..... but since you asked.. lets move on.. yeah there was Ditka... Tom Flores once played and ended up winning the Superbowl as a coach of the Raiders..

And many EX players went on to other management posistions... there is Dwight Clark and Matt Millen to name just two

Neither Tom Landry, Tom Flores nor Don Shula were star players. I'll give you Ditka.

Management and coaching are teofar-different jobs, and neither Matt Millen nor Dwight Clark have done anything yet to merit being considered successful. A better example would have been Ozzie Newsome, but again, management does not equal coaching.

So, there you have it: one star player who went on to be a star coach in the last, say ... 30 years. Certainly not enough evidence to assume one would follow the other.

Neither Tom Landry, Tom Flores nor Don Shula were star players. I'll give you Ditka.

Management and coaching are teofar-different jobs, and neither Matt Millen nor Dwight Clark have done anything yet to merit being considered successful. A better example would have been Ozzie Newsome, but again, management does not equal coaching.

So, there you have it: one star player who went on to be a star coach in the last, say ... 30 years. Certainly not enough evidence to assume one would follow the other.

Thats just in football.. look at all the great players that turned out to be great managers in baseball.......... way too many to list..

The bottom line here is.. just because you were a player... bad player.. good player or great player doesnt automatically mean you can not be a head coach... and for people to laugh at just the suggestion of Dan Marino, really shows their ignorance..

Thats just in football

Yup, and that's the sport we're talking about.

.. look at all the great players that turned out to be great managers in baseball.......... way too many to list..

Again, we're talking about football.

The bottom line here is.. just because you were a player... bad player.. good player or great player doesnt automatically mean you can not be a head coach...

The argument was that star players do not make good NFL coaches. You have not refuted that.

Nope, but and for people to laugh at just the suggestion of Dan Marino, really shows their ignorance..

No, it just shows they'd like someone with ... I don't know ... some coaching experience. You don't just transition to head coach without paying some serious dues in assistant positions and at lower levels than the pros.

Yup, and that's the sport we're talking about.

Again, we're talking about football.

The argument was that star players do not make good NFL coaches. You have not refuted that.

No, it just shows they'd like someone with ... I don't know ... some coaching experience. You don't just transition to head coach without paying some serious dues in assistant positions and at lower levels than the pros.

Yawn

:yourputtingmetosleep:

Where is that dam your putting me to sleep smiley when you need it...

Yawn

:yourputtingmetosleep:

Where is that dam your putting me to sleep smiley when you need it...

Why's he putting you to sleep? Could it be because he's totally refuted every half ****ed argument you made and you can't formulate a response worth half a pile of doggy poo so you run away. Way to go there Jeepy; and you're calling my thought process "prejuidicial." Perhaps you should take a moment and get yourself a clue before responding lest you consume an even greater portion of your foot than you already have.

Folks, it appears as though someone is making himself look like a total hypocrite. I'm not going to say who it is but I'll give you a hint: he started this thread! :lol:

:samurai:

Thats just in football.. look at all the great players that turned out to be great managers in baseball.......... way too many to list..

The bottom line here is.. just because you were a player... bad player.. good player or great player doesnt automatically mean you can not be a head coach... and for people to laugh at just the suggestion of Dan Marino, really shows their ignorance..

First of all Jeep when it comes to baseball stars, they more often than not are horrible managers. Of baseball's biggest stars of all time, the ones who managed(Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Rogers Hornsby, Mel Ott, Ted Williams, Frank Robinson, Pete Rose) were all unsuccessful managers. Only Tris Speaker won a world title, largely due to being able to play himself. At the same time when considering who were the great managers of all time(John McGraw, Connie Mack, Miller Huggins, Bill McKechnie, Joe McCarthy, Leo Derocher, Casey Stengel, Walter Alston, Earl Weaver, Sparky Anderson, Whitey Herzog, Tommy Lasorda, Tony LaRussa, Bobby Cox, and Joe Torre), only McGraw and Torre could be considered star players, and not on the superstar level either.

Stars make poor coaches for two reasons. Generally they are better than other players and the game comes easy to them, so they subconsiously believe that their own players should be as good as they are. The other reason is that stars often were totally consumed with the game as players and most players are not as consumed as the stars, so the star coach resents the players for lack of passion and dedication.

On the contrary Expo, I stated my response... EX players (good, bad or indifferent) can be and has proven to be excellent head coaches and managers...

To nit pick about the word "stars" and/or "football only" is childish and immature... if I wanted to debate just for the sake of debating, at an immature level.. I would argue with my 8 year old son or even better.. I would debate with you Expo

On the contrary Expo, I stated my response... EX players (good, bad or indifferent) can be and has proven to be excellent head coaches and managers...

To nit pick about the word "stars" and/or "football only" is childish and immature... if I wanted to debate just for the sake of debating, at an immature level.. I would argue with my 8 year old son or even better.. I would debate with you Expo

Ouch! That might hurt if it weren't for the fact that you simply can't come up with any information to back up your argument/refute my statement so you've resorted to petty name calling tactics. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not) but weren't you the same guy who berated me for calling out other posters now I find you here starting a thread that has a blanket statement calling everyone who supports Wanny either stupid or lacking intelligence (that's redundant by the way.) I'm not sure what they call that where you're from but the rest of us call people like you hypocrites.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Hey kettle, YOU'RE BLACK! :lol:

Originally posted by Expo88
either stupid or lacking intelligence (that's redundant by the way.)

Did you figure that out on your own Expo? or did someone help you??

Come on you can tell us...

Did you figure that out on your own Expo? or did someone help you??

Come on you can tell us...

Hey, I'm not the genius who wrote it. You might want to look up succinct in the dictionary; it would help you with your repetitive written stammering.

Back
Top Bottom