Arent we getting a little too Cowboy'd? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arent we getting a little too Cowboy'd?

Am I the only one that is fearful of all these Ex-Cowboys?? I know the Cowboys stood #1 in the NFC.. but where is our own identity? Personally speaking, I can see ESPN calling us the Cowboys Jr team.. or possibly the CowPhins..

Parcells
Ireland
Sparano
Gaine
and rumors of Pasqualoni as DC...

Not at all, before all these guys were "cowboys" they were else where coaching. Parcells usually carries his posse with him where ever he goes. I have heard it from my friends that are boys fans, that we are becoming them, but the bottom line is, they came from somewhere else before they were cowboy coaches.

Its Parcell's way.
Look for him to go after players he has coached before too...whether it be from the Cowboys, Jets, or maybe even some of his Patriot players if any are still in the league and available.
Parcells has always preferred players and coaches he is familiar with.

Whatever. This is a jealous, scared, Jets fan and your post is nonsense. You guys went from 1-15 when Parcells took over to being in the AFC Championship game before he left.

Go find a new nickname for your own coach, since Man-Genius no longer fits. More like, Man-Weneeda-Geenie to fix the Jets.
:lol::lol::lol::woot:

Parcells is going to bring in guys he knows....why would you go outside "the family" and bring in unknowns, when you can bring in guys you are familiar with. We are going to like Sparano and the Cosa Nostra. :up:

Parcells is going to bring in guys he knows....why would you go outside "the family" and bring in unknowns, when you can bring in guys you are familiar with. We are going to like Sparano and the Cosa Nostra. :up:

What makes you think he only knows coaches within the "family"?

I'm sure he is well versed on all the other coaches around the league and I find it hard to believe the recently recruited ex-Cowboy coaches are the best available in the entire Nation..

We've been down this path before with Nicky and all his chummy college coaches/players that he recruited.. and it scares me to think Tuna is doing whats easiest or best for his ego and not so much whats best for the franchise..

We've been down this path before with Nicky and all his chummy college coaches/players that he recruited.. and it scares me to think Tuna is doing whats easiest or best for his ego and not so much whats best for the franchise..

If Ego can get us back into the playoffs then bring Ego down. As long as he gets this team headed in the right direction before he goes who gives a ****.

If Ego can get us back into the playoffs then bring Ego down. As long as he gets this team headed in the right direction before he goes who gives a ****.

I guess time will tell when it comes to how good Bill is for the TEAM.. Call me paranoid, but unless Parcells has the intent to remain here for the long term and really puts his heart n sole into building up this team, then I am leary he is just the Hire Gun for today and is giving a half hearted attempt to justify the MILLIONs of dollars he will be retiring with soon..

Great!

I was looking for a thread about a 2007 Le Batard´s column on Parcells, found this one and it made me laugh out loud...

Don´t really know if it is allowed to bring back really old threads...

Wayne Huizenga bought the fish.
Don Shula / Dan Marino made the fish tasty.
Jimmy Johnson loves to go fishing.
Wanstahe looked like a fish out of water.
Satan killed the fish.
Cam gutted the fish.
We now have the Tuna fish.
and we hope Tony Sparano doesnt sleep w/ the fish!!!

nyjunk killed it!
Parcells usually gets good FA's but he overspends on them. As far as drafting goes, he's not very good. I'd be worried a/ Parcells overseeing everything and not coaching. he rebuilt teams by coaching. He took over underachieving teams his last 2 stops, teams that had talent but had morons coaching them.
That winning organization hasn't won a playoff game since 1996.

We had a ton of talent on the team he inherited, they were just used to losing. he changed the culture. I would be scared if BP was coaching, I am not scared if he is running the show.

clear.gif

Agreed, but the thing is some people want to do the same thing right now.

Bring in the new big name, the new savior...

But it was foresight at the time. Jeep killed it as well.

This thread will be locked and moved and w/e but we have nothing but trash on the boards right now so lets hash into this.

Back
Top Bottom