Argentina VS Germany Fixed!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argentina VS Germany Fixed!!

Boomer said:
I have some news for you . Abbondanzieri was a weak link and most Argentineans didn't want him playing in the first place.

Before the Cup he was considered a weak link...during the Cup he played well and was considered a good goalie...to Argentinians at least.

ckb2001 said:
Boomer, you have a link for this? I can only find 4 shootouts in WC and 2 in Euro Championships, one of which Germany lost. But, I can't find a list of all shootouts in Euro Championships so I don't know. Anyway, 15 seems a bit high too... a link would help.

I don't mate. It was quoted on TV the other night.

Prime Time said:
Before the Cup he was considered a weak link...during the Cup he played well and was considered a good goalie...to Argentinians at least.

Most Argentineans thought he was a weak link.

Boomer said:
Most Argentineans thought he was a weak link.

If Abbondanzieri was considered the weak link, the reserve goal keeper was the weakest link. I thought Abbondanzieri played great throughout.

WestPhish said:
If Abbondanzieri was considered the weak link, the reserve goal keeper was the weakest link. I thought Abbondanzieri played great throughout.

Still, the point is Abbondanzieri probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, given how well Lehmann played during PK; Lehmann guessed correctly (with some help from the coaching staff on the tendencies of the PK takers) on every one.

Of course, we'll never know.....

Back
Top Bottom