Arian Foster's stock rising, Jordan Cameron's stock falling with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arian Foster's stock rising, Jordan Cameron's stock falling with Dolphins

To me Ajayi just looks "awkward" (stylistically) running the ball -- and tho he's a fairly physical -- I don't see him demonstrating any power. I've said it a number of times before and I'll say it again, Ajayi is not a legit NFL RB.

Pead, Williams and (so they say) Drake all have explosiveness and the speed to attack the edge. Put them all together and maybe you have 1 LeMarvelous Miller!

Losing Miller was a VERY BAD MOVE!

BNF.

I think I know what you mean with Ajayi. He runs like he isn't in control of his body sometimes, limbs flying everywhere.

He was like that in college too, but it has benefits - he runs with his upper and lower halves independent of each other, which is a great trait for an elusive back to have.

Not seeing a whole lot of vision from him yet though.

People seem to forget Foster is coming off a major injury and it's preseason. Plus he has never been a "fast" runner. Its about vision, strength and smarts with him. Did you see his third down catch at the goal line to extend the drive? He knew exactly where the sticks were, turned his body perfectly, and knew he didnt need the end zone. You don't get that with an Ajayi, at least not yet. Foster and Ajayi will rotate, but I was pretty happy with what I saw from Foster.

If I were a 30 year old vegan RB coming off an injury I wouldn't be pushing myself to the limits in a preseason game either. With that's said, I agree with the posts that regard his running style. He is smooth and doesn't waste much energy in each stride. It's deceptive.

Ajayi needs about 2 more years in the NFL to really control his style. He still misses opportunities that might take another fraction of a second to develop. Hopefully Foster can help with that.

I glad we have enough weapons on the outside to get us through the season....but we need a tight end badly. Preferably one with actual hands

I glad we have enough weapons on the outside to get us through the season....but we need a tight end badly. Preferably one with actual hands

I'd let the rookie take Camerons spot. Neither of them can block. At least Duarte can catch

I would start Sims in a no huddle offense as he's not killing you in any aspect of TE play... Not saying its a great thing but he's the most complete and reliable of the bunch....

Foster is probably slower than years past, but his running style has always been odd-looking - gives the perception that he's moving slower than he is.

Look up his highlights from his monster 2014 year, when he busted big runs he looks like he's jogging still. He's just really consistent with his form, knees getting high and giving himself more power availability in his plants and change of direction.. which is what Foster has always been about.

^^^THis can't begin to say how many times I've watched this guy run and think to myself how is it that no one able to tackle him? He seems to carry the ball like a loaf of bread, he seems slow and defintley doesn't have that quickness. He reminds me of that one guy when you're playing pick up football in some back yard that's having a hell of a time doing craziness and yet no one can stop him.

Overally his vision and timing are by far his greatest assest.

I would start Sims in a no huddle offense as he's not killing you in any aspect of TE play... Not saying its a great thing but he's the most complete and reliable of the bunch....

I agree that Sims is the better all around TE, so I agree with starting him.

Jordan Cameron said he's not concerned about all of his dropped passes this summer.
Frankly, Cameron hasn't seemed to be too concerned about anything since arriving in Miami, aside from collecting a massive paycheck. "I've just got to catch the ball," Cameron said. "It's football. It's not my first one, it won’t be my last one. Maybe it's a funk, but I don’t think about it as much as I think everyone else does. It's not a concern for me." Cameron's 50-percent catch rate last season was laughably bad. He's off the fantasy radar until further notice. Aug 26 - 10:08 AM
Source: Miami Herald

Jordan Cameron said he's not concerned about all of his dropped passes this summer.
Frankly, Cameron hasn't seemed to be too concerned about anything since arriving in Miami, aside from collecting a massive paycheck. "I've just got to catch the ball," Cameron said. "It's football. It's not my first one, it won’t be my last one. Maybe it's a funk, but I don’t think about it as much as I think everyone else does. It's not a concern for me." Cameron's 50-percent catch rate last season was laughably bad. He's off the fantasy radar until further notice. Aug 26 - 10:08 AM
Source: Miami Herald

That pretty much confirms why he's laughing everytime he drops a TD pass...

I need to see more of Ajayi. I don't care much of his running style but I do believe with decent run blocking he can be a good RB for us. He isn't easy to tackle and hits hard. I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to see more of Ajayi. I don't care much of his running style but I do believe with decent run blocking he can be a good RB for us. He isn't easy to tackle and hits hard. I like that.

That's kinda the problem in my opinion. He needs the oline more times than not to be really good at blocking in order to flourish. Most RBs can look good if the oline is superior at blocking. A NFL starting RB needs to be able to create plays too. Ajayi doesn't seem to have much of that.

Back
Top Bottom