Arizona wants more than Henry to make trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona wants more than Henry to make trade

islandah said:
We don't seem to be getting a 2nd or 3rd for Pat. Accepting a 4th for him is silly. Plus they have to play us twice a year. Don't you think Henry might just get up for those games?

I never said I wanted the 4th for Surtain I just stated I'd rather have a 4th from KC than trade him to the Bills.

Justasportsfan said:
the bills won't give you a 2nd and Henry for someone who Moulds burns time and again.

KC offered you a 4th. What's makes you think the no.2 D will offer the fins a 2nd for an overpriced cb?

We already have a younger version of Surtain in Clements. They would rather re-sign Clements over Surtain.

Never said a 2nd, you did. You're having trouble moving him. You're in the same position we are as far as his contract and next years FA, but you also have to move him from a morale standpoint. It's a soft market with Edge, Alexander, and the 3 rooks out there. You gonna end up taking what you can get, and Pat ain't bad.

islandah said:
Never said a 2nd, you did. You're having trouble moving him. You're in the same position we are as far as his contract and next years FA, but you also have to move him from a morale standpoint. It's a soft market with Edge, Alexander, and the 3 rooks out there. You gonna end up taking what you can get, and Pat ain't bad.

Never ever ever ever ever ever would we give our Rival an explosive play maker like pat. The only reason the Patriots gave them or tricked them with Bledsoe is because they new he was done.

lol moulds was never even close to burn surtain thats the funniest thing i ever heard and clements is not even close to surtain lmfao justassportfan

Justasportsfan said:
we're not gonna do a thing like give up a 2nd for a 3rd string qb. We have the upper hand, not the cards. They cannot keep Shelton while we can afford to keep Henry.

uhhhh.....I think the Cards have the upper hand! They have a high draft pick, and the RB's are deep.Not to mention they are about 19 million under the cap :eek: they have a couple of choices, your only option is the Cards because no one else wants Henry. To top it off your trying to get a LT thats not exactly first rate and still can't trade for a 1500 yrd back. You need to realize your boy has little value this year... change your thinking.

FinFrenzy said:
I never said I wanted the 4th for Surtain I just stated I'd rather have a 4th from KC than trade him to the Bills.

So you'd pass up a significantly better deal rather than send him to the Jills? That's not very objective thinking, IMO. I think the whole not trading within your division thing is overblown.

islandah said:
So you'd pass up a significantly better deal rather than send him to the Jills? That's not very objective thinking, IMO. I think the whole not trading within your division thing is overblown.

Better Deal?? Surtain for Henry?? Remember the shelf life of a RB is less than CB. (Were not talking Clinton Portis here)

Yes I would pass that up. Remember they will lose Henry next year. I would rather trade Surtain to Seattle for Alexander and even give them a pick.

Justasportsfan said:
Losman would be cinsidered a 1st rd. pick in this years draft. AJ was draft at what rd? Wasn't he the 3rd string qb of the eagles? You may even get less for Surtain than what you gave away for Feely. You see the logic there?

Do you know how meaningless this comment is considering we dont know what either one can do? Need i remind you of Rob Johnson? or Alex Van Pelt? Where are they now? Exactly. Kinda sounds like Fiedler/Huard to me. I think it's fair to say that we have both had our share of crap QB's these past few years since the Marino/Kelly days so dont bash on AJ when Losman has only been in ONE preseason game and got hurt like a little wuss. Relax...After this season then come back with some smack about whos better. :tongue:

islandah said:
What do you think of a Surtain for Henry-plus-pick(s) scenario? Henry is a solid back that can't demand the $$ of Edge or Alexander, would allow us some cap space from Surtain, and would free up the #2 pick for us to go qb or something else, maybe picking up a back in the later rounds. Remember that Henry had gained over 1400 yards the year the Spills picked up McGahee, then over 1300 the year after that. He's not going to be a Ricky, carry-it-40x/game, back, but that wasn't successful anyway.
He wants out, the Krills want him gone, and I think we could get him for cheap $ and take a few draft picks with him, therefore addressing a lot that this team wants:
Lose Surtains' cap hit, a relatively inexpensive thousand yard rusher, and more draft picks for Nick.
Watchu think? Sorry in advance if it's already been discussed to death.

Surtain and a 3 or 4 in a heartbeat.

feelthepain said:
uhhhh.....I think the Cards have the upper hand! They have a high draft pick, and the RB's are deep.Not to mention they are about 19 million under the cap :eek: they have a couple of choices, your only option is the Cards because no one else wants Henry. To top it off your trying to get a LT thats not exactly first rate and still can't trade for a 1500 yrd back. You need to realize your boy has little value this year... change your thinking.
the cards cannot afford to keep Shelton who will cost them 3 million. Henry's cap is not that much. If no deal is made, they may have to cut Shelton and we'll pick him up for nothing. We don't have to let Henry go.

FinFrenzy said:
Better Deal?? Surtain for Henry?? Remember the shelf life of a RB is less than CB. (Were not talking Clinton Portis here)

Yes I would pass that up. Remember they will lose Henry next year. I would rather trade Surtain to Seattle for Alexander and even give them a pick.

Trading for Alexander straight up gets us nowhere as far as cap space or picks are concerned, and you're even willing to give them a pick? Wow.

And remember I didn't propose Surtain for Henry; I said they'd have to give up some pick(s) also.The fact is neither of these players is worth what they're fans seem to think they are. It's like giving your house to the bank because yu can't afford the mortgage payment, but you can't sell it for what you think you should get. At some point you have to get something.

merlin00069 said:
Do you know how meaningless this comment is considering we dont know what either one can do? Need i remind you of Rob Johnson? or Alex Van Pelt? Where are they now? Exactly. Kinda sounds like Fiedler/Huard to me. I think it's fair to say that we have both had our share of crap QB's these past few years since the Marino/Kelly days so dont bash on AJ when Losman has only been in ONE preseason game and got hurt like a little wuss. Relax...After this season then come back with some smack about whos better. :tongue:
my point is JP would be a 1st rd. pick and Feely isn't worth a 2nd. Only to Spielmam's eyes. I doubt Saban would've given up a 2nd for AJ.

Justasportsfan said:
the cards cannot afford to keep Shelton who will cost them 3 million. Henry's cap is not that much. If no deal is made, they may have to cut Shelton and we'll pick him up for nothing. We don't have to let Henry go.

How would you pick him up for nothing?? That's assuming nobody else wants him....It all changes when you don't have to trade for a player. Teams not willing to trade might now be in the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom