Armando Destroys Grier | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Destroys Grier

riorebel

South Dade Rebel
Reaction score

ARMANDO SALGUERO: FAILED DOLPHINS GM CHRIS GRIER SPEAKS TO MEDIA, FAILS SOME MORE​

"That’s a lot of failing, even for Grier. But that’s how it played out during the 17 minutes the general manager spoke." - Armando Salguero

Oh Mando. Mando “failed” to write another good article. lol. I thought Grier shot pretty straight. Some of what Mando calls “failure” I would categorize under “what do you expect him to say?” I have no problem with Grier saying they like Tua but will unearth every stone trying to see if they will get better. No GM is going to face the media and say, man, I really wish I’d drafted this guy over that guy.

ARMANDO SALGUERO: FAILED DOLPHINS GM CHRIS GRIER SPEAKS TO MEDIA, FAILS SOME MORE​

"That’s a lot of failing, even for Grier. But that’s how it played out during the 17 minutes the general manager spoke." - Armando Salguero
Armando is a failed writer, and he will fall some more. He maybe right but I don't give him the time of day unless I'm calling him out haha .

I don't think it's a mortal sin that the Dolphins inquired about Watson at some point in the offseason. You say a non-specific thing about if there is an elite player available that could improve your football team, you're going to do your due diligence and everyone will move on. But the way they let this spiral out of control and spoke out their butts the whole time is as amateur. Nobody appreciates being lied to, and from the same organization as "I'm not going to the University of Alabama", or the flight to meet with Harbaugh while Tony Sparano was our coach, I know it when I see it, and so do many others.

But the absolute lunacy of it, and what's made me very close to just abandoning the Dolphins altogether when 20 years of futility of every kind couldn't otherwise, is that they did this all for a guy who has 22 FREAKING LEGAL SUITS pending and may not even be eligible to play for quite some time. And may or may not be convicted of sexual assault...kind of a hard sell to the fanbase as your starting QB. They let the whole season, and regime, be ripped about and defined by the organization's pursuit of a player who may not even be able to play. It's a depth of stupid so unfathomable that it's inexcusable.

None of this should be analyzed without the context that they insulted fans and players by playing for the future with the QB last year who was the second best one on the team, in the middle of a season that had a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. They cut veteran leadership on this team because guys were mad at a QB only being played for the future. Yet after sacrificing a season for the development of a QB they were willing to abandon that QB. I think Watson is overrated as an NFL player but I probably would have gotten over it since I knew then, and definitely know for sure know, that after seeing Flores with Rosen and Tua, he will NEVER develop a young QB. But that ship sailed once Watson's situation was muddled by the legal issues. Sailed for everyone but the most incompetent franchise in the league, which says something in a league that includes the Jets and Jaguars.

The Dolphins are the third world of the NFL and at this point any player who gets to move on to actual professional accommodations I'm happy for.

That whole press conference was damage control and is going to be a total lie whenever they can discuss trading for him again sometime in March.

We were closer to a deal with Watson than some realize. A statement from the Lawyer representing the 22 women revealed that Watson was attempting to settle the Civil case. Watson and the Dolphins wanted strict NDA as part of the settlement. Several of the women refused the NDA agreement that was vital to the offer. This is according to their Attorney.

Grier: We are happy with Tua as our QB.
Grier: We will continue to search for a replacement QB in the off season.

🥴🥴🥴
This is the Patriot way in the nutshell. It's is seriously just the philosophy to always keep a player on edge and make them feel replaceable no matter what they've done...even if that's take your team to 6-7 Super Bowls.

Tom Brady decided to leave the Patriots years before the 2019 season simply because Bellichek refused to ever make him feel wanted. (Bellichek also refused to reach out to Tedy Bruschi after his stroke years ago, since he couldn't do nice things like that for an active player).

The Patriot Way has been tried nearly a dozen times outside of New England and it simply does not work elsewhere, since basically nobody has the football mind that Bellichek does to compensate for it.

Back
Top Bottom