Armando Destroys Grier | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Destroys Grier

Armando failed at the Miami Herald and is now writing for some random weird sports website no one heard of.

How's that? I have no horse in this race but....I mean the guy was there when I was 9 and when he left I am turning 43 in a few weeks....If the definition of fail is now having a steady job for that many years at a nationally recognized news paper then sign me up.

I'm going to go on record.

Grier is NOT the problem as far as I can tell. It's our inability to coach talent.

Thumbs up for your conviction....I can't necessarily agree as I believe its the scouting, the GM and the coaching that has failed this time around, but I respect your willingness to go on record.

Grier is NOT the problem as far as I can tell. It's our inability to coach talent.
Here's my question for you then. Grier must of thought that we are only a few players away from being a playoff team, especially considering trading from 12 to 6. So doesn't that say that his evaluation of the staff that Flores produced was going to be successful in his eyes this year? Where does his accountability lie in his expectations for the team in comparisons to the moves he's made?

I agree the Texans and their fans/media desperately wanted to “get over” on the Dolphins. They’ve been hearing it about the Tunsil trade for years.

I don't think it's a mortal sin that the Dolphins inquired about Watson at some point in the offseason. You say a non-specific thing about if there is an elite player available that could improve your football team, you're going to do your due diligence and everyone will move on. But the way they let this spiral out of control and spoke out their butts the whole time is as amateur. Nobody appreciates being lied to, and from the same organization as "I'm not going to the University of Alabama", or the flight to meet with Harbaugh while Tony Sparano was our coach, I know it when I see it, and so do many others.

But the absolute lunacy of it, and what's made me very close to just abandoning the Dolphins altogether when 20 years of futility of every kind couldn't otherwise, is that they did this all for a guy who has 22 FREAKING LEGAL SUITS pending and may not even be eligible to play for quite some time. And may or may not be convicted of sexual assault...kind of a hard sell to the fanbase as your starting QB. They let the whole season, and regime, be ripped about and defined by the organization's pursuit of a player who may not even be able to play. It's a depth of stupid so unfathomable that it's inexcusable.

None of this should be analyzed without the context that they insulted fans and players by playing for the future with the QB last year who was the second best one on the team, in the middle of a season that had a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. They cut veteran leadership on this team because guys were mad at a QB only being played for the future. Yet after sacrificing a season for the development of a QB they were willing to abandon that QB. I think Watson is overrated as an NFL player but I probably would have gotten over it since I knew then, and definitely know for sure know, that after seeing Flores with Rosen and Tua, he will NEVER develop a young QB. But that ship sailed once Watson's situation was muddled by the legal issues. Sailed for everyone but the most incompetent franchise in the league, which says something in a league that includes the Jets and Jaguars.

The Dolphins are the third world of the NFL and at this point any player who gets to move on to actual professional accommodations I'm happy for.
Why not just take the approach of, if he really wants to be in Miami, we’ll just stay out of the business he’s in at the moment, see how it all plays out, then if he’s cleared we can talk..

I guess they had to engage because they couldn’t resist a potential deal of getting him on the cheap?

What do you think?

Oh Mando. Mando “failed” to write another good article. lol. I thought Grier shot pretty straight. Some of what Mando calls “failure” I would categorize under “what do you expect him to say?” I have no problem with Grier saying they like Tua but will unearth every stone trying to see if they will get better. No GM is going to face the media and say, man, I really wish I’d drafted this guy over that guy.
When you can run an organization or coach players you ship them off. You turn over every stone because you don't know what to do with them. How many players left and are now playing elsewhere putting up better stats? 6 years of crap by this guy.

Armando failed at the Miami Herald and is now writing for some random weird sports website no one heard of.

You're not wrong on the first half of that sentence, but the 2nd half, way off. Outkick is a great site and growing like crazy. I'm still a little surprised Mando got the gig.

I respect you as a poster but Grier is a TERRIBLE judge of talent. I agree that Flores is to blame also as he tries to get cute with playing people out of their natural positions but we could be sitting here with any combination of the following: Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Herbert, Slater, Taylor, Swift, Winfield, the list goes on. We ended up with a bag of ****, at this juncture I believe Holland will be the only pick that breaks through. That is horrendous drafting and should be a fireable offense.

I respect you as a poster but Grier is a TERRIBLE judge of talent. I agree that Flores is to blame also as he tries to get cute with playing people out of their natural positions but we could be sitting here with any combination of the following: Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Herbert, Slater, Taylor, Swift, Winfield, the list goes on. We ended up with a bag of ****, at this juncture I believe Holland will be the only pick that breaks through. That is horrendous drafting and should be a fireable offense.

My main point i guess is that I think most of our picks, even guys like AJ, have talent good coaches could work with and succeed with.

Ours make them worse.

Mando’s always been smarmy and prone to saying “I told you so” when the Dolphins ultimately screw something up, but all the Dolphins do by bungling every important decision ever is give plenty of low hanging fruit to the Mando’s of the world. When have the Dolphins ever really proven the skeptical press wrong big picture-wise?

Slam Mando?
Are you kidding???!!!!

This team is a complete dumpster fire and deserves criticism from top to bottom

Don't deflect...stay on point
Greir SUCKS at picking talent and Flores is an horrible coach both are FAILURES
The Owner has failed and the entire org SUCKS

My God

Most of the South Florida sports press has been highly critical of the Dolphins' organization for years. They haven't been wrong. They're not grinding axes. They're not producing click bait. They're not liars making up sources just because you don't like the relentlessly negative tone of people who have grown as tired covering buffoonery as fans have watching it.

For a small cohort of team dead-enders, it's always easier to deflect the truth by questioning the messenger's intentions or credibility. Armando is correct. Grier is a comically inept GM and was an incompetent personnel executive before that. He fell upward because he answered to men as bad at their jobs as he was. From Parcells to Ireland to Tannenbaum.

He would not have lasted in any organization where accountability and results were required. His survival, his flourishing in the ecosystem in Davie is proof that the organization is too dysfunctional to build a winner, like Washington or Detroit, there is almost a karmic quality to their futility.

Like in those others organizations, the losing is so ingrained, the malpractice so spectacular, no top-flight candidate will probably ever take the coaching or front office jobs. It's why the Lions gave a c-list coaching candidate like Dan Campbell a 6-yr deal! And why the Redskins gave a retread HC with 3 winning seasons in 11 total control of their franchise. Desperation.

Armando writes some of the worst posts Ive ever read, and I read posts on FH (sometimes).

Back
Top Bottom