Armando Destroys Grier | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Destroys Grier

If you ask me the Patriot way is having Tom Brady as your QB. He made BB look even better than he was. He impressed me by going to Tampa Bay and promptly delivering a Super Bowl. Without Tom Brady BB and the Pats have been average.

I don't think it's a mortal sin that the Dolphins inquired about Watson at some point in the offseason. You say a non-specific thing about if there is an elite player available that could improve your football team, you're going to do your due diligence and everyone will move on. But the way they let this spiral out of control and spoke out their butts the whole time is as amateur. Nobody appreciates being lied to, and from the same organization as "I'm not going to the University of Alabama", or the flight to meet with Harbaugh while Tony Sparano was our coach, I know it when I see it, and so do many others.

But the absolute lunacy of it, and what's made me very close to just abandoning the Dolphins altogether when 20 years of futility of every kind couldn't otherwise, is that they did this all for a guy who has 22 FREAKING LEGAL SUITS pending and may not even be eligible to play for quite some time. And may or may not be convicted of sexual assault...kind of a hard sell to the fanbase as your starting QB. They let the whole season, and regime, be ripped about and defined by the organization's pursuit of a player who may not even be able to play. It's a depth of stupid so unfathomable that it's inexcusable.

None of this should be analyzed without the context that they insulted fans and players by playing for the future with the QB last year who was the second best one on the team, in the middle of a season that had a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. They cut veteran leadership on this team because guys were mad at a QB only being played for the future. Yet after sacrificing a season for the development of a QB they were willing to abandon that QB. I think Watson is overrated as an NFL player but I probably would have gotten over it since I knew then, and definitely know for sure know, that after seeing Flores with Rosen and Tua, he will NEVER develop a young QB. But that ship sailed once Watson's situation was muddled by the legal issues. Sailed for everyone but the most incompetent franchise in the league, which says something in a league that includes the Jets and Jaguars.

The Dolphins are the third world of the NFL and at this point any player who gets to move on to actual professional accommodations I'm happy for.

Well said! Awesome post!

How's that? I have no horse in this race but....I mean the guy was there when I was 9 and when he left I am turning 43 in a few weeks....If the definition of fail is now having a steady job for that many years at a nationally recognized news paper then sign me up.
And left for a job with a website with significantly more traffic.

When you can run an organization or coach players you ship them off. You turn over every stone because you don't know what to do with them. How many players left and are now playing elsewhere putting up better stats? 6 years of crap by this guy.
Critiquing his record with players is fair but his attacks in that article are largely not imho.

Let’s not forget as well that Grier, though GM, has a lot of experience around him. Marvin Allen, Reggie McKenzie…so he’s not making decisions without quality people to bounce off. Miami’s biggest issue is evaluating offensive linemen. They’re as bad at it as New England is at drafting WRs. But NE is phenomenal at drafting and development of O-line. That’s the engine of your offence. Get that fixed and so many issues get buried.

I like a lot of guys they’ve drafted but we need to see how they develop and clearly they are not being coached well given the constant onfield confusion in certain situations.

I don't think it's a mortal sin that the Dolphins inquired about Watson at some point in the offseason. You say a non-specific thing about if there is an elite player available that could improve your football team, you're going to do your due diligence and everyone will move on. But the way they let this spiral out of control and spoke out their butts the whole time is as amateur. Nobody appreciates being lied to, and from the same organization as "I'm not going to the University of Alabama", or the flight to meet with Harbaugh while Tony Sparano was our coach, I know it when I see it, and so do many others.

But the absolute lunacy of it, and what's made me very close to just abandoning the Dolphins altogether when 20 years of futility of every kind couldn't otherwise, is that they did this all for a guy who has 22 FREAKING LEGAL SUITS pending and may not even be eligible to play for quite some time. And may or may not be convicted of sexual assault...kind of a hard sell to the fanbase as your starting QB. They let the whole season, and regime, be ripped about and defined by the organization's pursuit of a player who may not even be able to play. It's a depth of stupid so unfathomable that it's inexcusable.

None of this should be analyzed without the context that they insulted fans and players by playing for the future with the QB last year who was the second best one on the team, in the middle of a season that had a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. They cut veteran leadership on this team because guys were mad at a QB only being played for the future. Yet after sacrificing a season for the development of a QB they were willing to abandon that QB. I think Watson is overrated as an NFL player but I probably would have gotten over it since I knew then, and definitely know for sure know, that after seeing Flores with Rosen and Tua, he will NEVER develop a young QB. But that ship sailed once Watson's situation was muddled by the legal issues. Sailed for everyone but the most incompetent franchise in the league, which says something in a league that includes the Jets and Jaguars.

The Dolphins are the third world of the NFL and at this point any player who gets to move on to actual professional accommodations I'm happy for.
This is a great post. I will however point out a few more things here that Miami did and did not do right depending on your point of view.

1. Due diligence is an open ended term. Who will really knows what actually transpired in the talks and we might never know but inquiring isn't a big deal.
  2. Media speculation prevailed in this instance, the Houston market drove this whole thing out of control and it had affect on the team.
  3. Legal suits, if the AG and/or cops involved had enough to arrest there would have been an arrest. This is no presumption on my part nor would I make one, that is simply a fact of the legal system.
  4. Civil suits, of course Miami would tell Watson to settle his suits, why wouldn't they? It is just good business sense and pressuring Watson to do so had zero affect on "due process" of whatever else they want to try and insinuate here because the simple matter remains that the accuser can simply say "nope I want my day in court" or their right to actual 'due process".
  5. Tua was classy through it all. I don't care what you say about the kid handled himself as a pro and didn't make it a big deal.
  6. Flores was not a good leader through this all. His comments did little to quell the issues at hand and unify the team behind Tua. That is his job and I don't care if the owner himself is up your ass, you say what you feel the team needs in order to lead that team. That's what real leadership is.
  7. Grier is an asshole. I don't need to say more because I fault him the most in all of this, he desire to fly higher toward the Sun burnt his wings off and caused this whole mess.
  8. Overall Miami leadership mishandled this entire situation including Ross. None of this should have transpired the way it did and to say it was mismanaged is an understatement.
  9. It's over for now.

Back
Top Bottom