Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio

Grabing a Guard if its good value I'd be fine with. I was fine with actually picking James, but very disappointing we didn't move back to do so. The opportunity was there.

I am a huge Tre Mason guy and if we nabbed him in the third I'd be thrilled. If Marquis Lee lasted until 50 he'd be a good get too, but I doubt either last to the 2nd or 3rd where we pick.

I think The Fins may be eyeing Carlos Hyde at 50. Just a hunch...

Tannehill was hit 6 times a game last year. Given that stat, I'm having a hard time figuring out how we won 8 games last year. Count me as one who's glad it looks like they are intent to add two linemen within their first three picks.

If Carlos Hyde or Marqise Lee are there and we pass on them I will be sick to my stomach.
Equally horrible last year was our running game. And not just because of the oline. None of our backs would pick up a yard after contact. None of our backs were a decent goal line back. Moreno is solid but blah. A playmaking runningback is lacking on this team and there is great value in the second round as none were taken in the first.
Marqise Lee in the second and Tre Mason in the third would be nice. I know most on here are not willing to give up on Hartline - and neither am I. By no means am I giving up on him I recognize his value. But we need to add playmakers - the only offensive playmaker we have is Wallace and in truth he is somewhat limited in what he does.

Agreed. RB WR remain need positions. Personally I'm looking for better players at LB most of all. Next to my disgust with the 58 sacks, was my disgust with not being able to cover or get anybody on the ground out of the backfield and in the seams on 3rd down. We couldn't get our D off the field!

i think the finz are locked into fixing the line first and foremost in this draft so its a 90% lock they go o-line.

bitonio probably wont be thrilled at getting drafted to play guard when he has been a productive LT [will cost him money] but playing on the left side and having the good feet and lateral/mirror slide stguff down already, he would make an AWSOME left guard, which we need.

XSF is still my choice, but, if they are going o-line for sure and xfs is gone or the they like bitonio better, it would be a great choice for guard and most likely a day one starter [better be].

i think the finz are locked into fixing the line first and foremost in this draft so its a 90% lock they go o-line.

bitonio probably wont be thrilled at getting drafted to play guard when he has been a productive LT [will cost him money] but playing on the left side and having the good feet and lateral/mirror slide stguff down already, he would make an AWSOME left guard, which we need.

XSF is still my choice, but, if they are going o-line for sure and xfs is gone or the they like bitonio better, it would be a great choice for guard and most likely a day one starter [better be].

And if both are gone??? I have a hard time seeing either XSF or Bitonio sliding to 50. XSF because he's the best guard in the draft, and Bitonio precisely because he's also a prospect at tackle. Given that we may end up waiting until the 3rd round to address guard, and hopefully get either one of the TE's or a WR in a draft that's really deep at the position.

No oline today. Would it be asking to much for a few playmakers on offense.

A playmaker doesn't have to score points. A playmaker is someone who helps the team in a big way to help score the points. Keeping RT upright is the first thing we have to fix.

If they go OL: 1st choice XSF 2nd Bitonio 3rd Marcus Martin

WR: 1st choice Latimer 2nd Robinson 3rd Moncrief

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Martin started at guard one year so he can play both center and guard

A playmaker doesn't have to score points. A playmaker is someone who helps the team in a big way to help score the points. Keeping RT upright is the first thing we have to fix.

I hear ya but 4 positions on the line are settled if smith is a starting guard. That leaves one guard spot theres still some veterans out there we can sign to a cheap one year deal.we scored how many points the last 2 games last year with the playoffs on the line? Oline was the biggest problem sure but we have average offensive guys.I just would like to see them address that.

also don't forget that Bitonio could move to LT in case our high price starter gets injured. Remember coach Joe likes players with versatility, and Bitonio offers that!

If not the 2nd, I hope we continue to address the OL this draft. We might as well try and do this right. If we don't get Bitonio, another guy who may be available in the 3rd is Jack Mewhort. He will probably move inside, but might be able to play tackle in a pinch. Supposedly the dude is a fiery competitor, which works for me. He might not be as athletic as others, but you know he's gonna bring it every play.

Back
Top Bottom