Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio

It's not THAT they drafted OL. It's that they spend ANOTHER 1st round....

ehh..nevermind.

Gooooooo Dolphins :bobdole:

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

A good GM can find starting quality OL later in the draft. You are far less likely to find playmakers the same way.

Gotta love how it's, "Draft OL in the first round or Tannehill becomes a paraplegic." :lol:

A good GM can find starting quality OL later in the draft. You are far less likely to find playmakers the same way.

That, plus arent our last 2 head coaches considered online "gurus"? Can't they find and develop guys? Good Lord... high draft picks, big FA $ being spent left and right going back more than a half decade. Its pathetic.

I like Bitonio as a guard. He would represent the first starting OL that can run block, which Lazor requires. I don't particularly care for him as a OT, but as an OG he would be a good choice. I am expecting we will catch a sliding talent like Timmy Jernigan or one of the other good defenders still available, but if we go offense again there are a lot of good choices.

Guys at WR like Marquise Lee or Jordan Matthews, RB's like Tre Mason, Bishop Sankey, or my favorite Lache Seastrunk, TE's like ASJ, Jace Amaro or Troy Niklas, and of the many OG prospects left I like Xavier Sua-Filo best but Bitonio is probably the next best. We draft in the teens, so I would be very happy with any of those guys or one of the other good defenders left.

In the 3rd an 4th there are a lot of good choices to be had as well. This is a deep draft and we still need 2 starting OG's, so I'll be happy if we pick up X SF or Bitonio.

I was curious about our chances of getting a pro bowl OT in this years draft, so using draft data, I found on Wikipedia, from the past 20 years I created this chart. Some of the players that made the pro bowl were listed as OT when they were drafted, but moved inside to OG. I wanted a quick snapshot, so I didn't pair them out. No doubt you can get good players throughout the draft and as a priority FA. I think the big question is, and maybe somebody who has more knowledge than I do can answer this: is just good enough, good enough, or do you need an OL full of pro bowlers to have a kick butt OL? What about blocking schemes. Is the ZBS more forgiving talent wise than the power scheme?

OTDraftChart-1.png

Note: This chart is for OT, I am not sure, but I am guessing a chart of OG would be similar, but maybe shift 1 round lower.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom