Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio

If we target Oline, whoever we pick up later, on Offense, instantly has a better chance of success, so it's an upgrade all around!!

not big on bitonio. dont know why. someone convince me.

praying for ASJ

I know a few guys who are going to lose their mind if we double up on another O-lineman....I won't name names, but they are the same guys who threw a hissy fit last night when we took James. Everyone wants a sexy big name pick, and offensive tackles and guards are not sexy, but Tannehill is not going to be a franchise QB if he is on his ass 6 times a game. Just my two cents. I would be OK with Bitonio in round two, but I think we take a TE, WR or RB, and get another O-lineman in round three.

I know a few guys who are going to lose their mind if we double up on another O-lineman....I won't name names, but they are the same guys who threw a hissy fit last night when we took James. Everyone wants a sexy big name pick, and offensive tackles and guards are not sexy, but Tannehill is not going to be a franchise QB if he is on his ass 6 times a game. Just my two cents. I would be OK with Bitonio in round two, but I think we take a TE, WR or RB, and get another O-lineman in round three.

I am hoping for the bolded part..depending on who is there of course.

I know a few guys who are going to lose their mind if we double up on another O-lineman

My impression is that most people weren't disgruntled because we picked a lineman; they were disgruntled because the lineman we took wasn't worthy of going at #19. That's, at least, how I felt about. If a guard worth of the #50 spot falls to us, I have no problem if we pick him in the spot where I think we could have picked James.

Bitonio probably won't be available, but I sure like him more than James.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

My impression is that most people weren't disgruntled because we picked a lineman; they were disgruntled because the lineman we took wasn't worthy of going at #19. That's, at least, how I felt about. If a guard worth of the #50 spot falls to us, I have no problem if we pick him in the spot where I think we could have picked James.

100% correct. I really wanted an offensive lineman, but I didn't want us to reach like this. If Bitonio or Sua Filo falls, I'd love to pick them up.

No one was surprised by the pick last night. No one will be surprised when we take two more tonight. There was just hope that this new GM might be different than the last one and it was dashed last night. When it comes to the lineman vs playmaker debate, linemen will always win out. Playmakers are just a luxury that have nothing to do with winning games to these guys.

I would love love Tre Mason or Jace Amaro/sefarian-jenkins or Jake MAthews WR. Lets get a playmaker in round 2 and wait on OG till later. There are starting OGs in FA we can sign.

No one was surprised by the pick last night. No one will be surprised when we take two more tonight. There was just hope that this new GM might be different than the last one and it was dashed last night. When it comes to the lineman vs playmaker debate, linemen will always win out. Playmakers are just a luxury that have nothing to do with winning games to these guys.

I disagree.. This GM has to fix the complete cluster**** left behind by Ireland, and it all centres around the OL. Fix it, don't use any half-measures.. Get it done.

I disagree.. This GM has to fix the complete cluster**** left behind by Ireland, and it all centres around the OL. Fix it, don't use any half-measures.. Get it done.

There haven't been half measures. The OL has been consistently being addressed since 2008. It's time to try something different.

How could you be upset honestly. 58 sacks... that's all that needs to be said we added Albert and james maybe shelly smith can start too. We are a guard short

Well i think people are still sensitive from the constant money/draft pick pit the prior regime made the o-line. It's going to take a little while for everyone to move on. Hopefully they can get it right this offseason and we can start drafting other positions. Make no mistake though, the opportunity cost of letting Ireland run that huge offseason last year is going to be felt here for a while. For an example just look at all the skill position players, in a relatively deep draft for them, were passing up this year to rectify past o-line blunders.

Back
Top Bottom