Armando: Dolphins still plan on drafting a running back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins still plan on drafting a running back

It's the most logical move. You don't cut a guy that you just drafted and never played. Plus, look at Egnew, Philbin kept him even though he was hot garbage first year.... Thigpen and Thomas on the other hand have been given many opportunities and haven't really shown anything of value. Thipgen is an OK kick returner, nothing special and nothing horrible, but we can draft another RB that actually has the potential to become a starter in the future. I honestly think a lot of good running backs will fall farther than expected. Hell, the first taken off the board might not be until the latter of the 2nd round. Guys like Grice, Johnson, White, Williams, Wilder will probably be there in the later rounds.

Thigpen made some awful mistakes last season, plus, he never seems to break past the 25 yd line. we need to upgrade fosure.. Thomas has had plenty of time to prove himself and he keeps coming up short.. I know we've had oline problems but a good back can work around it.. Thomas is lacking vision IMO and you can't teach that....

It's the most logical move. You don't cut a guy that you just drafted and never played. Plus, look at Egnew, Philbin kept him even though he was hot garbage first year.... Thigpen and Thomas on the other hand have been given many opportunities and haven't really shown anything of value. Thipgen is an OK kick returner, nothing special and nothing horrible, but we can draft another RB that actually has the potential to become a starter in the future. I honestly think a lot of good running backs will fall farther than expected. Hell, the first taken off the board might not be until the latter of the 2nd round. Guys like Grice, Johnson, White, Williams, Wilder will probably be there in the later rounds.

I agree completely. why cut a young guy who never got a chance over a guy who they have always been hesitant to give snaps too even when dressed every game. He is a returner and at this point the return game is being phased out in the NFL. Gillislee is a younger and cheaper option than Thigpen.

The RB position is taking a back seat now with the league being pass first so good RB talent will slip down to later rounds and be developed behind Miller and Moreno and compete with Gillislee.

I like Hyde but i think the whole perception that he is a bruising RB is a little misguided, I watch his tape and Nothing screams to me " violent runner" he's just a big back who has good feet.

Also i'd be alright with us not drafting a RB this year and picking up one of the couple STUDS who will most likely be entering next rears draft.

yeah i think hills disinterest in pass pro is more needs coaching up than anything...that said i think the reported interest in terrence west is legit...him running a 4.56 though might make it hard for him to get to day 3...hard to say...talliaferro i know that pass pro work he did at the combine caught our staffs eye...had to...later day 3 potential guy

i would target west in the 4th round if he got there...but i wouldn't be upset at all if they took jeremy hill with pick 50 either...i doubt he gets into the 3rd round with what i'm hearing even though the timed speed wasnt as good as i thought it would be...seems to have cleared his name off the field with teams

Maybe I dont, but it's not a simple mistake when you're bitching about my team.

Sorry Mr Ross, but confusing rounds is not "bitching about YOUR team"...and I see, you don't get the point, wich was a simple ctiticism in dumping a year 2 RB, simple as that, like many other criticisms we are entitlled to, as fans...and hopefully not have someone start ripping'you a new one because you got your rounds confused!

Sorry Mr Ross, but confusing rounds is not "bitching about YOUR team"...and I see, you don't get the point, wich was a simple ctiticism in dumping a year 2 RB, simple as that, like many other criticisms we are entitlled to, as fans...and hopefully not have someone start ripping'you a new one because you got your rounds confused!

oh boohoo.

I suppose someone has to be drafted in those spots so why not a RB. I however have zero confidence he will be a guy that will stay on the roster more than a few years. Pardon my negativity but we historically have been crap at selecting late round RB's.

oh boohoo.
"people will turn your words however they want to be able to make their own point."
"so much senseless negativity on finheaven. Cant post anything poitive without someone getting their panties in a wad."
"dude, show some class...dont 'kid' me because my opinion differs from yours. I'm probably twice your age."
"this thread is dumb"
"Sad and pathetic post"
"Maybe, but you dont have to **** all over everyone who thinks he could possibility of being a franchise QB"
"Are you on your womanly cycle today? You've been nothing but bitchin n moanin. Go take a nap."
"OMG, you dont know what you're talking about! Again...this isnt F'ing Madden!"
sound familliar? ALL your quotes...tells me all I need to know

if Armando got a job stating the obvious, then anyone can be a beat writer....DUHH

How high will TJ Yeldon be drafted next year? Heard a lot of buzz about him being really, really good.

Back
Top Bottom