Armando: Feeling among team sources,changes of significance coming | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Feeling among team sources,changes of significance coming

Me too, Sherman will be asked to step down and Philbin will call the plays....
he didnt call the plays in GB...and he wasnt smart enough to over ride sherman this year...why would he be any better?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Funny when Ireland does get fired i wonder how long they will give the new guy?

ireland has had since 2008 right? I think 3 seasons of 7-9, 1 of 8-8, and only 1 division championship because brady was hurt and the wildcat confused people is enough time to know what you can and cannot do...

Fire Ireland
Fire Sherman
Fire OL and LB coaches

I give Philbin benefit of the doubt- another year with better cast around him/the team.

Why though? Besides Ireland Philbin hired the whole gang. They are his people. And he is in charge of the overall condition of the team (mentally and physically).

Clean cut: everybody out.

Why though? Besides Ireland Philbin hired the whole gang. They are his people. And he is in charge of the overall condition of the team (mentally and physically).

Clean cut: everybody out.

Bingo, clean house...no one survives!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

By the way, for those who say "everyone has to go" and "you shouldn't fire the GM but leave the coach," I present to you:

Exhibit A: the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers elected to fire their GM and keep Ron Rivera for a third year. They are the #2 seed in the NFC with a first round bye.

Good call.

Also, after underachieving in his 1st 2 yrs, Cam broke out this yr in his 3rd season.

Reading different articles, we lost games to teams which had a top 15 defense. Games we won were against bad defenses. This all leads to offense play calling. We have talent but you have to know how to game plan. Friendship is one thing but business is another. If Sherman is not getting it done, you address it. The coach has to be accountable for this just like Mangers in business. No different. Get results or bring in someone who will make the tough decisions to get results.

Good call.

Also, after underachieving in his 1st 2 yrs, Cam broke out this yr in his 3rd season.

In the last 20 years, no team with a forced marriage has won a Super Bowl. How is that for evidence?

Ireland will be sacrificed. People will be happy, but it will not change anything.

Mando's last paragraph was right on. The talent was fine at 8-6 and charging toward a playoff birth. They choke the last two....and now the talent sucks?

I am not an Ireland guy, but I feel for somewhat.

I just cannot get past the pitiful OL. That is on Ireland. You cannot trot out a 2nd year QB and have that kind of horrid pass protection and run blocking. It is simply not acceptable.

I don't know how Newton underachieved his first year? Didn't he have a ridiculously good rookie year?

I just cannot get past the pitiful OL. That is on Ireland. You cannot trot out a 2nd year QB and have that kind of horrid pass protection and run blocking. It is simply not acceptable.

Sure. Ireland should have been canned in 2010 or 2011...or...2012. However, I will keep saying it: if you can Ireland smashing a GM together with Joe makes no sense because it will not work.

Sure. Ireland should have been canned in 2010 or 2011...or...2012. However, I will keep saying it: if you can Ireland smashing a GM together with Joe makes no sense because it will not work.

I think it can, if you have the right two guys. My perspective is, the coach tells the GM what type of offense and defense he wants to run. He specifies what type of players to fill those positions. The GM goes and fills those positions with either draft picks or FA's or trades. I don't see where one guy has to be above the other on the food chain. They should work together in the best interests of the team.

Too idealistic?

Hayden, what if they brought in a personnel guy from Green Bay that had a relationship with Philbin previously? Could it work?

Hayden, what if they brought in a personnel guy from Green Bay that had a relationship with Philbin previously? Could it work?

Great idea limit our gm pool because we need a guy that accepts our ****ty coach!

When you’re disappointed you don’t make decisions on the fly. You have to give it a lot of thought and go look at everything.”

and this statement by ross is why we can be assured that jeff ireland WILL be back.

why? he implies that the "disappointment" surrounding miami is a fluke, only a recent phenomenon. this team has been a disappointment for 15 years and a MAJOR disappointment since he has been at the helm. the nfl has become a DO IT NOW league and players, caoches and GM's have to produce NOW not 4 years later as things were before free agency. jeff ireland has had 5 years. thats PLENTY and he has produced NOTHING. the 1st year was a fluke featuring the WILDCAT, something unseedn in the nfl and brought into the team by an offensive staff member, NOT ireland. and its was short and sweet and as soon as the formula for stopping it was found, it was over. the following year, pennington looked AWFUL! we were 0-4 with him mercifully suffering his final injury and ending his career that had been on life support.

so how does ross get "making a decision on the fly" out of that? he, like his predecessors before him have concentrated and made decisions based on everything BUT winning and losing, emphasis on losing!

ireland should be fired over SIGNIFICANTLY blowing maybe the greatest opportunity for bringing in talent the team has had. he drafted people with serious injuries and they never saw the field for any significant time. traded up for a player who had REAL questions about his sack skills. he drafted like we had superbowl talent across the board and was taking chances for the future. brought in WORSE players on the o-line.

say what you want about the team or what the problem is, the GM is responsable for making the team a winner, bringing in its talent. if you have mediocre talent, YOU CANT WIN!! an miami has been talent starved for so long, everytime someone completes a pass, makes a tackle, has a 10 yrd run, gets one int, a sack, they are branded super "studs" who are untouchable and SHOULD be in every pro bowl, just you wait and see, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...... .

if ireland is not the FIRST to go, its over before it begins, again!!

and by ross's comment above, it appears to be just that.

Back
Top Bottom