Armando: Feeling among team sources,changes of significance coming | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Feeling among team sources,changes of significance coming

I just cannot get past the pitiful OL. That is on Ireland. You cannot trot out a 2nd year QB and have that kind of horrid pass protection and run blocking. It is simply not acceptable.

Then you have Turner with extensive college offensive line experience
Sherman with about 15 yrs experience as a offensive line coach
Philbin with about 20 years of offensive line coordinator experience

So here we are with over 40 years of offensive line experience and they coached/provided
us with the crap we saw all season long on the offensive line.

Shouldn't 40+ years of offensive line coordinator experience translate to SOMETHING positive?

Hayden, what if they brought in a personnel guy from Green Bay that had a relationship with Philbin previously? Could it work?

Why not just let go of Ireland and Retain Gaines since he is familier with Philbin & our players? see how that works before getting rid of all of them?

ross is a moron when it comes to this team. i am 100 percent for firing ireland but how can young frankenstein, i mean philbin get a free pass here? he has done an awful job this year. this team plays with no emotion, comes out flat week after week and lets not forget a bunch of good players were jettisoned because they werent philbin guys. tell me why he was hired again? an o coordinator who didnt even call the plays and that qualifies him to be a hc?

This is spot on... been saying this since he got the job and looked borderline autistic on Hard Knocks

The only solution is to get rid of Ireland, Philbin, and all of the Asst. coaches. Then start over.

I'd be cool with an experienced personnel person making the draft decisions as GM, and letting them hire a coach, preferably one with experience like L. Smith, or K. Wisenhunt.

If Ross is not prepared to do that, then keep everybody, You can't go halfway in these matters.

Hayden, what if they brought in a personnel guy from Green Bay that had a relationship with Philbin previously? Could it work?

I would not have as much of an issue with it as opposed to someone that is forced into the relationship with no prior relationship with Joe. If the owner is bent on keeping the HC, he might allow Joe to pick his own GM...I am convinced Philbin gets more power...not less after all is said and done.

There are so many questions I have about sliding in a "Green Bay guy"

* Are they quality?
* Do they want to work with Joe? Just because they are from the same tree does not mean they want to work with each other.
* Does double down on Philbin make sense?

Brian Gaine could emerge too. There is a connection to Kirk Ferentz between the two.

It still does not change for me that Joe Philbin is not a very good coach.

Looks like these clowns are going to stay.

Oh well, the out of towners who enjoy mediocrity can buy the tickets.

Love my boys but will have to go on strike if Ireland is brought back.. If he doesn't swap linebackers we would of won

Significant change: under Ross that means we're firing the water boy.

Then you have Turner with extensive college offensive line experience
Sherman with about 15 yrs experience as a offensive line coach
Philbin with about 20 years of offensive line coordinator experience

So here we are with over 40 years of offensive line experience and they coached/provided
us with the crap we saw all season long on the offensive line.

Shouldn't 40+ years of offensive line coordinator experience translate to SOMETHING positive?

It is often a coach's huberous in his abilities that leads to his own demise.

Ever noticed that coordinators that become coaches tend to pick very strong candidates for their opposite side coaching duties while they rely on weak candidates or no one to coach the side of their own expertise? And more often than not, it is that side of their own expertise that suffers on their own team.

With so many coaches with obvious OLine pedigree and coaching ability, it is not surprising this part of our roster has the least talent and most importance. The importance come from their knowledge of its intricacy in a successful game plan. It's lack of talent exists due to their belief they can coach up anyone and make them into great/serviceable lineman.

Team success has no room for personal pride: player or coach.

Back
Top Bottom