Armando leaving The Herald | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando leaving The Herald

Travis Wingfield has smashed all these beat reporters with consistency, some positivity and just simply not being an ego maniac

Wingfield works for the team. He's not a reporter. He's PR

It's basically his job to say good stuff about the Dolphins.

True but someone should give the team positives and Travis is good at that

Just understand that and you are fine

Noone should just give positives or negatives, they should reporting what goes on accurately and give their unbiased opinion on it where necessary.

He got hired by the team last year cuz he’s really good at his job. It’s ok to give him a little credit

Noone has said he isn't good at his job. I used to talk with him a lot via PM back in the day before he got his act together and started writing. He's a good dude, but his takes are absolutely bias now that he's on payroll for the team.

I'm happy for him, but at the same time its part of the job and he's more there to spread the great news about how positive everything is than to give an unbiased view.

Noone has said he isn't good at his job. I used to talk with him a lot via PM back in the day before he got his act together and started writing. He's a good dude, but his takes are absolutely bias now that he's on payroll for the team.

I'm happy for him, but at the same time its part of the job and he's more there to spread the great news about how positive everything is than to give an unbiased view.

I don't think anyone believes brother Travis is unbiased but he is very entertaining and that's what they hired him to do

I don't think anyone believes brother Travis is unbiased but he is very entertaining and that's what they hired him to do
He is most certainly closer to unbiased than what the Dolphins have hired him to report shows. Known him for many years, and he can see faults just as easy as he sees the goods...but you'd never expect a team reporter to criticize.

Personally I care about facts, not entertainment, I only look for entertainment in fiction myself.

That said,, I agree that if you're into just positives its great entertainment. Hes good at putting everything out in a fun to read way.

Its just not my personal cup of tea. I prefer the dirty, grimey, boring truth.

Back
Top Bottom