Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship

That sucks Joe didnt get his way with Carr. Carr would have been a huge upgrade.

am I wrong or am I to believe that Ross stuck with a coach and a QB when the coach didn't like said QB?

what a ****ed up organization

Interesting article. I wonder why info like this would come out now and not immediately after Joe was fired?

My impression of almost everything Joe did, was that he was loyal to a fault. I certainly didn't agree with many of his moves, but I never got the sense he wasn't loyal and would throw his players under the bus.

I also recall that a lot of the talk around not announcing RT as the starter in that London game was to light a fire under RT which seemed to work. So either Joe is some scheming, backstabbing office politics troll, or this is another bit of gossip to make the new folks look good by making the old folks look bad.

I suspect the latter.....

I think the timing is very peculiar.
If they revealed that Philbin had numerous problems with Tannehill before the HC search began, some candidates might assume that Philbin not liking Tannehill got Philbin fired, and that they'll be required to stick with Tanne.
Since they kept quiet about it, that didn't appear to look that way.

If this is true I have lost all respect for Philbin. Also why would you want your quarterback not to succeed in the first place. Or is this him getting back it Tannehill for Sherman. Either way it is messed up. Let's hope Gase can come in and pull the potential out of Tannehill into success on the field.

Philbin is a snake! Lots of people bought into his nice guy act, but reality is he is a venomous snake.

Philbin will go down as one of the worst coaches in Dolphins' history. Right there with Cam Cameron. I would take Sparano over him any day. The staff that Philbin put together was a complete and utter failure. I hope that Gase works out but it won't take much for him to be an improvement over Philbin.

You realize I said the word franchise before QB?

You have an agenda and that's fine, but stop arguing a point that can't be argued. Successful teams cut/fire people who undermine their franchise QBs. Our front office considers Tannehill a franchise QB, so they are simply doing what other successful organizations do. There's no room for interpretation.

"Successful franchises" aren't having internal debates over whether the QB is "franchise" or not so your premise is false.

"Successful franchises" aren't having internal debates over whether the QB is "franchise" or not so your premise is false.

Of course they do. Right up until the QB convinces everyone. You don't think these debates occurred within the Panthers organization? Steve Smith ripped Newton after he left Carolina. There was serious discussion about how he would develop. They decided to end the debate by putting a solid team around him. I hope the Dolphins do the same.

Washington is looking pretty successful. Cousins wasn't named the starter until August and fans were calling for his head earlier this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course they do. Right up until the QB convinces everyone. You don't think these debates occurred within the Panthers organization? Steve Smith ripped Newton after he left Carolina. There was serious discussion about how he would develop. They decided to end the debate by putting a solid team around him. I hope the Dolphins do the same.

Washington is looking pretty successful. Cousins wasn't named the starter until August and fans were calling for his head earlier this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

some people have such poor vision that they can only see the future in the rear view mirror.

And in football terms -- such people actually outnumber the ones who can see it through the windshield.

LD

Just stop. This isn't about whether or not Tannehill is a franchise QB. The Miami brass has already decided that he is, as evidenced by the extension he was given. No one cares what your, or anyone's, opinion is on the matter. Agree or disagree, Tannebaum has decided that he is a franchise QB. So stop with that nonsense. It's irrelevant and it's not the point. Miami is operating under the assumption that he is a franchise QB. That's fact.

Successful organizations do not have these internal factions undermining eachother. When successful organizations have malcontents causing conflict internally, they are cut. Percy Harvin with the Seahawks is the perfect example. Omar is whining because the malcontents are being rooted out on the coaching staff, when he shouldn't be. It's a normal process. The problem is he did something a journalist is not supposed to, and thats pick sides and immerse himself in the organization's drama. He is supposed to stay an impartial outsider and report objectively. He stopped doing that, the faction he aligned himself with lost and is being run off, and it has put him in a compromised situation. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
RG3 was the so called franchise quarter back for Washington, Tannehills contract was structured to get out of fairly easily for 2017, so the FO was not all in for RT. It is simple, if Gase does not like his play, he will draft someone in 2017. I hope RT puts all this debate to bed by playing lights out in 2016. Our new GM said there was going to be competition for Ryan this year as well.

Interesting article. I wonder why info like this would come out now and not immediately after Joe was fired?

My impression of almost everything Joe did, was that he was loyal to a fault. I certainly didn't agree with many of his moves, but I never got the sense he wasn't loyal and would throw his players under the bus.

I also recall that a lot of the talk around not announcing RT as the starter in that London game was to light a fire under RT which seemed to work. So either Joe is some scheming, backstabbing office politics troll, or this is another bit of gossip to make the new folks look good by making the old folks look bad.

I suspect the latter.....

I suspect the latter also. Good post!!

Mando is not the most reliable of sources, but I don't need any convincing that Philbin was wildly incompetent. This organization is dysfunctional to the core.

Back
Top Bottom