Armando: No deal with Miller, will hit the market | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: No deal with Miller, will hit the market

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Running back Lamar Miller will hit the open market when free agency begins in earnest Wednesday, according to a source close to the player.Miller, 24, is unsigned for 2016 and his agent Drew Rosenhaus has been talking with the Dolphins about a new contract in advance of free agency. But those talks have not produced a deal between the sides and is not expected to do so before other teams are allowed to bid on the player starting Wednesday. So the market will determine Miller's value.
This is not great for the Dolphins who are without a starting running back.
The team has expressed universal desire to have Miller back. That included head coach Adam Gase saying Miller is a good combination of runner, pass protector and pass catcher.
But that praise has not brought the Dolphins to meeting Miller's contract demands.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...r-miller-to-hit-free-agency-on-wednesday.html

meh liked the idea of miller at a good price, wouldnt get into a bidding war

I really wonder how much we offered vs how much he's expecting to get.

Kind of like Vernon, Miller is a nice player but nothing special and nothing that we can't replace. I'd give him 5 million or so per year but if Miller wants to get paid like McCoy or Murray then he's outside of his damn mind.

Too many decent replacements to break the bank for him. Sad because he's homegrown talent and played at the U. Seeming more and more like Miller and Vernon will both be gone.

Sad state of affairs this team is in. Can't even recognize talent on your own team. Storm is coming.

Disagree...He is not a dime a dozen back. Completely underutilized and just entering his prime. We lose Miller and we have another big hole to fill. We are supposed to be filling holes, not making more of them. We need to keep our draft picks that actually turn out to be good players, not let them walk as they hit their prime.

Backs are primarily a product of scheme and offensive line these days. There are only a few prodigious backs that would dominate on any team.

We should cut Grimes, Dion Jordan and Dallas Thomas and throw top guard money at Osemele. We can probably get Forte on a cheap one or two year deal with the Gase connection and draft a back late.

I hope they can bring him back, otherwise I hope Ayaji and their second option can handle the load.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gase and the offensive staff thinks Miller is expendable because of Ayaji

Sad state of affairs this team is in. Can't even recognize talent on your own team. Storm is coming.

Agree 100%. I hate seeing our good draft picks leave the team when their rookie contract is up and they are just coming into their own. I could be wrong of course, but I really think Miller is completely under appreciated by many here who think he is easily replaceable.

Since 2012, Lamar Miller is 4th in Y/C...

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN 26s27 seconds ago
Dolphins RB Lamar Miller was thinking he could get a deal similar to DeMarco Murrays. I'm hearing his market is in the 4-5 mil range not 8.

Back
Top Bottom