Armando: No deal with Miller, will hit the market | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: No deal with Miller, will hit the market

Good. Let him go test the market. Better options in the draft and cheap FA.

Better options? Like who? The defense already needs revamped. Would be wrong to let Miller walk and then put a 2-4 round pick on a RB.

I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, but there's little I can possibly glean from the fruits of either Tannenbum's or Gaines' prior experience which instills the confidence that this franchise is in good hands.

People were surprised last year when we didn't want to make Clay one of the highest paid TEs in football...fact is a lot of fans just ignore the cap implications and get bent out of shape when their favorite player/s don't get retained regardless of how ridiculous their demands may be.

This is a reasoned and rational response, which took time and effort to produce. Even more impressively, you communicated it in a calm, sensible manner that delivered your thought without any additional vitriol or personal baggage...

EVERYONE, HE'S A WITCH! HE'S A WITCH! BURRRRRRRN HIM!!!!! BURRRRRRRN HIM!!!!!!!

I really hope he stays with us. If he does go to the Cowboys though, man is he going to have one hell of a year next year with a real o-line in front of him.

Can they afford him though? They have less cap then us this year by a good 6-7 million and dont have many players they can cut without a huge penalty unlike us with grimes and wake. Plus they only have 30 million in cap space next year compared to our 60+ million although they do have 41 players on contract compared to our 27 next year. I dont think they can afford to overpay like that. Question is if both teams offer 5.5 or so does he go to dallas who he grew up as a fan of or does he choose his hometown where his family is and where's he's lived his entire life?

I want Miller back, more so than OV, but not at 8 million a year. Hopefully he tests the open market, and eventually finds his way back to Miami.

Can't blame Miller for wanting to hit the open market. Running backs usually only get one big contract, can't blame him for trying to get the absolute most out of it.

I want Miller back, more so than OV, but not at 8 million a year. Hopefully he tests the open market, and eventually finds his way back to Miami.

Can't blame Miller for wanting to hit the open market. Running backs usually only get one big contract, can't blame him for trying to get the absolute most out of it.

Of course not, and with the amount of cash out there, i expect him to get some really lucrative offers (at least bigger than the 5 million that i was at mist wanting to give him).

But 8 million is too much. I expect the dust to settle in that 6 to 6.5 range, which for me, is too much.

Don't want to lose him

I don't get it, we don't want to pay our guys reasonable deals (albeit we don't know the #s) yet want to trade for average corners

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

He wants 8mil a year. Just....No.

Seriously?? That is nuts

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Thinks he should get Murray money.... Wow

5 is ideal
6 is pushing it

Anything else is too much

Good. Let him go test the market. Better options in the draft and cheap FA.

Really? Who?
Another NFL unproven running back (we already have one) or skim through other people's garbage?

I hope Miller will be extremely successful (unless he plays against us or is in our division).

We are keeping cameron and letting miller, matthews, and vernon walk? Is chip kelly running things?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I won't believe he's gone until he officially is. Someone could easily overpay though.... Take him

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN 26s27 seconds ago
Dolphins RB Lamar Miller was thinking he could get a deal similar to DeMarco Murrays. I'm hearing his market is in the 4-5 mil range not 8.

Really? Miller had a better Y/C by almost a whole yard than DeMarco. Miller also had more yards, more TDs, more receiving yards. I think he was better in every statistic even with his limited exposure.
In 2014 the big difference was that Murray got more carries. But Y/C Miller was the clear winner - again.

I cannot believe how Dol-Fans are ready to just toss a bonafide superstar to the curb. What I find even more fascinating is that those who are on the 'team bandwagon' and 'we need a running game to support Tannehill' are so shortsighted and think that a couple million dollars should be a deal breaker. Yeah, get a running back in FA. Worked so well with Moreno.

If Miller goes to Dallas he will tear the league up and we will be struggling getting an aging former superstar on the field or put the life of our running game into the hands of completely unproven running backs.

Good to very good running backs are not that easily replaced.

Really? Miller had a better Y/C by almost a whole yard than DeMarco. Miller also had more yards, more TDs, more receiving yards. I think he was better in every statistic even with his limited exposure.
In 2014 the big difference was that Murray got more carries. But Y/C Miller was the clear winner - again.

I cannot believe how Dol-Fans are ready to just toss a bonafide superstar to the curb. What I find even more fascinating is that those who are on the 'team bandwagon' and 'we need a running game to support Tannehill' are so shortsighted and think that a couple million dollars should be a deal breaker. Yeah, get a running back in FA. Worked so well with Moreno.

If Miller goes to Dallas he will tear the league up and we will be struggling getting an aging former superstar on the field or put the life of our running game into the hands of completely unproven running backs.

Good to very good running backs are not that easily replaced.
http://www.pro-football-reference.c...pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y

CJ Anderson is interesting.

Really? If the Dolphins will offer CJ Anderson 5 Mill per year the Broncos will match or go over it. By the time we are done CJ Anderson will be a 6 or 7 Million dollar/year running back. In the mean time we lost Miller because we are too cheap.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

And if you combine that with possible 2016 salaries you know that 6-8 Mill is cheap for Miller.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/running-back/

Back
Top Bottom