Armando: Philbin ready to take job if offered by Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Philbin ready to take job if offered by Dolphins

see the issue has gone on LONG before Ireland. Truth be told we've have holes on offense for the better part of a decade. Problem is none of our GMs really invested in offensive talent in the draft. Hell, the Trifecta has probably invested MORE in getting offensive line than Wanny/Spielman/Saban combined.
the problem is they have been investing just in offensive line mainly. We need to get to an air game. The teams today are running our offense in the 1980s and we are running their offense. Somehow we went with Shula and Marino from an innovative offense into now a 1970s style rushing only offense. I understand you build around your talent but we have tried it for a decade and failed it is time to change up the plan.

the problem is they have been investing just in offensive line mainly. We need to get to an air game. The teams today are running our offense in the 1980s and we are running their offense. Somehow we went with Shula and Marino from an innovative offense into now a 1970s style rushing only offense. I understand you build around your talent but we have tried it for a decade and failed it is time to change up the plan.

that was a miss print. I meant skilled positions. We have actually drafted more skill players the last 3 years than we did before Ireland and Parcells got here

When Sparano failed, I criticized him and pointed out his flaws just as much as anyone else here. Horrible game management, bad use of timeouts, insufferably stubborn with his play not to lose philosophy, etc etc. But his days are over now! We're going in a new direction. We don't know what the new head coach is going to bring us. It might be success...it might be failure, who knows. But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt to prove himself.

And yes, I'm upset at failure, but that doesn't mean I'm going to write the next head coach as a failure, just because the last coach was! You can judge these candidates all you want all that was never with the Miami Dolphins. Don't be so hasty to write off a candidate that hasn't proven himself is all I'm saying.

Interesting...If one these new guys DO turn it around, I want to see reaction around here.

You're wasting your time. These guys don't want a winning team, they want to ***** and moan and say they were right. That's what matters to them. They are a bunch of kiss ***** to the other posters on this site too. I will give the new coach a chance, cause its what normal people do. I am just tired with not making the playoffs. I hope our new coach, whoever he is, brings excitement back to Miami.

God i really want nothing to do with Philbin if anyone reminds me of Cam Cameron its this guy......

based on what?

you think you heard him say something about failing fast or something?

Every forum can be broken down into three groups.

1. Always positive group (love every hire, draft pick, FA signing)
2. Always negative group (hate every hire, draft pick, FA signing)
3. Middle of the road group (the smallest, and I mean smallest group)[/QUOTE

That is bogus there are plenty of us that are realist! I give praise when it is deserved and criticism when it is warranted, many off us do. Matter of fact them majority off the negative group as you call them were homers! They are just sick off being heart broken and let down.

for the record, I am sure I am percieved as always positive but I never said we were going to the superbowl. I knew this year was touch and go with Henne but the offensive philosophy is right on track minus frnachise QB and some more stud OL.

We get our future QB, there is the answer to many problems cus it covers up alot when the QB is a leader and makes W's. thats all.

I want badly for the next coach to be excellent. I actively participate in this board to get information on my favorite team who I have watched passionately for 35 plus years. Too many to count. I've seen a ton. I live far away from South Florida and I'm an enigma to many in this neck of the woods as an outspoken Miami fan.

The world is not black and white. There are way too many posters who come on here and paint every single thing this franchise does as rosy. That makes it difficult to legitimately assess what is happening. I want the next coach to be good, but when I hear posters on here saying good things, there is a credibility problem. Because those guys say good things no matter what. We'd all be better off, if people were realistic so we could get a realistic view of what Miami is doing.

I want badly for the next coach to be excellent. I actively participate in this board to get information on my favorite team who I have watched passionately for 35 plus years. Too many to count. I've seen a ton. I live far away from South Florida and I'm an enigma to many in this neck of the woods as an outspoken Miami fan.

The world is not black and white. There are way too many posters who come on here and paint every single thing this franchise does as rosy. That makes it difficult to legitimately assess what is happening. I want the next coach to be good, but when I hear posters on here saying good things, there is a credibility problem. Because those guys say good things no matter what. We'd all be better off, if people were realistic so we could get a realistic view of what Miami is doing.

No such thing as realistic on this board realism equals debbie downer lol. Just join in with me and pray for philben to get job lol

Back
Top Bottom