Armando: Philbin ready to take job if offered by Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Philbin ready to take job if offered by Dolphins

Ross wants an exiciting and high scoring O, Philbin would atleast try to install that type of O, I'm not so sure about McCoy.

im not big on philbin. people saying "he trumps the horrible bowles and mccoys of the world" are simply going off of this one past season from GB. they hit stride in '10, they werent dominant - we beat them. now all the sudden philbin is some huge get for the dolphins.

im telling you this reminds me so much of cassel to the cheifs, cam to the phins, martz, alot of these guys.

i say go for mccoy or bowles. they arent coming from great teams or organizations so they must actually ahve some individual qualities that got them consideration. philbin is also getting up there in age, and you have to wonder (not to be cold) but where his head is truly at. just taking a guys word after his son passed away literally days ago is troublesome for me - 1) what if he is fibbing 2) whats up with a guy who can move right passed that like nothing.

i dont think philbin would be getting this attention if the packers hadnt had a season like they did. and if this is some grad plan to grab flynn i worry that it is too short sighted from a limited body of work.

just for some reason philbin really doesnt click for me based on things ive seen/heard/read but alas, if he becomes our coach i will have to find the positives.

How is this news though? I'm pretty sure any coordinator in the NFL would be ready to take a Head Coaching job with any NFL team.

It's not like it's some big scoop Armando got haha.

Wow...and when this whole thing started you all wanted philbin? Now dont touch this guy with a 10 foot pole? Polarized fans I suppose...if it was fisher he doesn't have a winning record.if toub he is only a special teams coach...if zimmer "holy crap,another cowboys retread" you can't please everyone..how about we just wait and see how everything pans out with some meaningful games actually being played...despite what you think of Ross and Ireland this is there first coach hire..so be patient at least

Wow...and when this whole thing started you all wanted philbin? Now dont touch this guy with a 10 foot pole? Polarized fans I suppose...if it was fisher he doesn't have a winning record.if toub he is only a special teams coach...if zimmer "holy crap,another cowboys retread" you can't please everyone..how about we just wait and see how everything pans out with some meaningful games actually being played...despite what you think of Ross and Ireland this is there first coach hire..so be patient at least

So we aren't allowed to have an initial opinion on who's the new head coach for our favorite football team? Or are we only allowed to have a positive one?

Man, with all the football knowledge and talent scouting on this website, you would think that Stephen Ross should be coming here for info......or better yet, why are'nt you all working for an NFL team?
My thoughts exactly!

Man, with all the football knowledge and talent scouting on this website, you would think that Stephen Ross should be coming here for info......or better yet, why are'nt you all working for an NFL team?

I worked as a scout for Ireland but was fired because he felt I was "too blunt and honest." :chuckle:

Wow.....I never realized that our 'Fins had so many Owners/GMs/and Coaches!!! The constant negativity amazes me!!! At least I'm willing to remain optimistic.After the way our season started last year......we won 6 of 9 to finish it.Nobody saw that coming.Yep,it gets frustrating.But all us Fins can do,is sit back,and let it unfold.What we say or think means nothing.And thru it all,one thing will be a constant....ME. I'm not going anywhere. I'll be watching,rooting,and supporting them....ALWAYS!!! I LOVE MY 'FINS!!!

If it's really between Philbin, Bowles, or McCoy, I'll roll with Philbin. At least I like the idea of plucking something off of the Packers tree. I've read he'll probably bring the QB coach from there, too. Matt Flynn is sure to follow. McCoy is a Dan Henning disciple. NO THANKS!

If it's really between Philbin, Bowles, or McCoy, I'll roll with Philbin. At least I like the idea of plucking something off of the Packers tree. I've read he'll probably bring the QB coach from there, too. Matt Flynn is sure to follow. McCoy is a Dan Henning disciple. NO THANKS!

Armando actually brought up some good points in his blog this morning on Philbin. Don't base his hiring on who he can bring (Clements, Flynn), base it on his own merits and I agree. So we have to look at Philbin as a coach only.

Bunch of damn whiners and crybabies on this forums I gotta say. We don't even know how these guys will do and we're already casting them as failures! Give the guys a chance! Didn't most fans around here want a new face? No retreads? No defensive minds??? I expect this crap from Jets fans or Bills fans, but my God this much bitching before hiring a head coach who hasn't had a chance to prove themselves is just silly!

Back
Top Bottom