Armando: Philbin ready to take job if offered by Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Philbin ready to take job if offered by Dolphins

flynryan15 is completely right, joe theisman and troy aikman both said that philbin is more of an offensivie line guy, he has been an offensive line coach going all the way back to 1984, he became the OC in GB in 2006 and does not call the plays, this has cam cameron written all over it
No it doesn't because Cameran actually calls plays, and is actually more qualified than Philbin.

How can anyone view Philbin as anything but an older, less successful version of Cam Cameron? Hasn't done much in his career and doesn't look or act the part. This oline coach who's been grinding away with the Packers all his life, where does anyone think he fits on the totem pole of that offensive staff? You know McCarthy and Clements are going to have a ton of influence. So what exactly has Philbin done? I'm sure he's a great guy to have around. Hard worker probably. Leader of men? Dynamic offensive genius? Err.. no evidence of that.

Man, with all the football knowledge and talent scouting on this website, you would think that Stephen Ross should be coming here for info......or better yet, why are'nt you all working for an NFL team?

Would rather have Philbin then McCoy, but I see Bowles being the DC for either of them.

How can anyone view Philbin as anything but an older, less successful version of Cam Cameron? Hasn't done much in his career and doesn't look or act the part. This oline coach who's been grinding away with the Packers all his life, where does anyone think he fits on the totem pole of that offensive staff? You know McCarthy and Clements are going to have a ton of influence. So what exactly has Philbin done? I'm sure he's a great guy to have around. Hard worker probably. Leader of men? Dynamic offensive genius? Err.. no evidence of that.

Cam Cameron was a guy who installed his own offense and called the plays. As far as I know, Philbin is more like Mike McCarthy's assistant. And he doesn't even call the plays. I'm just really skeptical about this guy.

Man, with all the football knowledge and talent scouting on this website, you would think that Stephen Ross should be coming here for info......or better yet, why are'nt you all working for an NFL team?
You look at a rock, you know it's a rock. Unless you're a geologist you're not going to know the mineral composition of it. You won't know the feel and weight until you pick it up. But it's still a ****ing rock. I'm all for respecting professional opinion and experience, but we're all human with the capacity for reason and intelligence. Obviously, people who do it for a living will have insights that allow them to interpret the reality of a situation more clearly. But there's no reason to underestimate the intelligence of anyone here and their ability to interpret what they see, if from a more a distant perspective. I think it's some kind of slave mentality to believe your opinion so worthless that you constantly defer to people you consider superior.

Cam Cameron was a guy who installed his own offense and called the plays. As far as I know, Philbin is more like Mike McCarthy's assistant. And he doesn't even call the plays. I'm just really skeptical about this guy.
Yeah, he's actually much less qualified than Cameron was coming in. It might be unfair, but I think I see the Cameron comparison more in the personality and appearance. They both equally strike me as men unfit to be leaders.

I don't know much about Philbin, but if he's one of these Todd Bowles or Jim Caldwell type of guys with no personality, the sort who look completely bored or uninterested on the sidelines, then count me out. I don't think a head coach needs to be a screaming lunatic on the sidelines, but man every time I'm watching a Colts game and they cut to Caldwell looking totally lost...

Couldn't have said it better myself.. "Hes Sparano man.." " dudes just like cam cameron" .. Actually you know nothing about Philbin and his true role in GB. Nor do most of you even consider WHY hes even being considered for the job. Oh, he must suck and be a ****ty HC .. though hes been interivewed by multiple NFL teams and is highly regarded throughout the NFL. That doesn't matter though.. dude must suck..

I, like all of you should be doing is, sitting tight and hoping that our owner makes the right move (cause thats all we can do). How can any of you guys even call yourselves dolphin fans when all you do is **** on the orginization all day? Unless you're qualified to make the comments shut up or go root for a "winning" team cause all of you sound like a bunch fairweather fans anyway.

Hey we get the best of all worlds with Philbin. He looks like Larry Coker, will have the leadership qualities of Cam Cameron and the gameday X and O ability of Sparano. Hey folks, welcome to more of the same.

Back
Top Bottom