Armando: players take on Tua | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

This was who he was playing against - Jace Whittaker PFR An undrafted rookie cb who played 48 defensive snaps all year which happened to be against Tua. It was also the 4th lowest yards allowed all year by the Cardinals defense.
Yeah and Tua was playing with similar level talent at the skill positions.

What is that? One game or so? To me, that is not a #1 receiver. The guy is a tease. We need more consistent production. If we keep the guy on the team, fine. However, we need to seriously upgrade the position and take someone better if we can because Parker and the others are going to benefit. Ja Marr Chase or Devonta Smith would do the trick.
We're both in agreement over needing a 1st round WR, so our diff of opinion on Parker is meaningless.
😆😂

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html

I wanted Tua over Herbert, to be clear. But, I'm also worried about what he showed us, or the lack thereof. I don't know what I would do, but I'll defer to Coach Flo. I trust that guy. And I did see flashes from Tua.

On one hand, its interesting to get that perspective. On the other, this crap leaking out doesn't do the team any favors. Bit tired of Armando's whining lately.

Does a few non-source quotes change anything? I would need to know more, but it concerns be a bit.
We will know on draft day.
1. If we trade a lot of picks to move to #1 for Lawrence
2. At #3, we take which ever QB is still there (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, etc)
3. We trade for Watson.
That will let us know Flo and Grier realize they made a mistake.

We will know on draft day.
1. If we trade a lot of picks to move to #1 for Lawrence
2. At #3, we take which ever QB is still there (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, etc)
3. We trade for Watson.
That will let us know Flo and Grier realize they made a mistake.
Or #4 we move on from the the jag skill players spending picks and money on FAs

Bemoaning the times Tua got benched the way we're seeing is very annoying because it's occurring in a vacuum of context and it's also besmirching Fitzpatrick.
Miami was seriously contending for the playoffs after the game vs AZ.
Fitzpatrick is a seasoned veteran with an IQ off the charts and processes data at almost Peyton Manning speed. He also finished the previous season at a very high point. But, he's still imperfect and when he's the starter and teams gameplan against him, his warts show.
To use a baseball analogy, there's a reason why starting pitchers get paid more than bullpen guys (by and large).
Bullpen guys are usually 'one-trick ponies' because they usually only have 2 pitches they can control, vs starters that have 3 or four.

Fitzpatrick's stuff is 'come in at the end and start chucking it vs the opponents prevent defense.'
Against good teams, this isnt even that successful. Fitz saved the day vs the Raiders and didnt save the day vs Denver. He played the whole game vs the Jets in NY and didnt even do well in that game until later when it was 'chuck it' time again.

In the end of the year, and the Dolphins could sniff the playoffs, they had a short hook on Tua Because they had Fitz there to 'process data quickly and chuck it'.
They werent just benching Tua to get some other guy work. Night and day scenario vs what Herbert had going for him, where Herbert could throw picks with almost no consequence.

Notice once Baltimore was able to slow/stop D.Henry and asked Tenn to beat them with the passing game. They couldn't!

Some of us have have been trying to explain the above to a very, very stubborn crowd for quite a long time now. Nothing but crickets after that game, for now, but it surely won’t be the last time we hear from them once their memory resets like Lucy in the movie 50 First Dates. Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of folks here are more like 10 second Tom!

What's really sad and pathetic here is that this season should be considered a big win for the Fins as well as for Tua... The #1 concern with Tua as a prospect was his health and except for smashing his thumb on a OL's helmet, Tua's been hit multiple times and was able to run for 1st downs on multiple occasions. I dont cringe anymore when he gets hit. With this out of the way, you can just keep on building around him, as planned.

For some reason, Miami's beat reporters keep on trying to stirr the pot. Again, this is not the national media, they're just going by with what's coming out of Miami's **** sports media. If it wasnt for them specifically, no one in their right mind would be critical of anything Dolphins related right now.

Im sorry but Armando is going out of his way to **** on the Fins... Plain and simple. ****ing POS!

Last edited:
Yeah exceptional footwork, displaying pocket awareness way as a rookie, the ability to throw into tight windows, the ability to go through progressions and accuracy are so not special, dunno what folks are thinking about. !! SMH
This is a large oversell. Exceptional footwork is pushing it. Pocket presence was his biggest problem. He couldn't deal with pocket breakdowns and often ran right into them. Interesting number, in his 9 starts he was only hurried 14 times and he was sacked 20 times. Herbert, in 16 was hurried 91 times and only sacked 32. This is just a comparison, I don't care who you think is better.

I'll give you throwing into tight windows occasionally. When he made decisions and stepped into throws, he threw into some tight windows. I don't think they are tight windows for others but I do give him credit for this.

Progressions were another major issue for him. They had to give him flats and quick routes because he struggled here as well. He completed 65% of his passes. His accuracy was nowhere near as advertised. Deep balls were never close, dirt balls, balls behind guys. His % of uncatchable balls is way too high for his low amount of attempts.

Lastly, and I noticed you didn't put this in there, his absolute inability to throw with any accuracy on the run. It's was terrible. No two ways about this.

He was a better runner than I thought he would be. This given having had major hip surgery. I thought when he was decisive, he actually did a decent job of this.

A fully healthy D Parker is definitely a #1 WR....but the dude always seems to be less than 100%.
Still, if you dont think the dude Destroying the Patriots in Week 17 of 2019 season is not a #1, youre nuts.
He might not be a top 10 #1 WR.
You know who show flashes of being #1 recievers? #2 recievers. The reason why they are not #1 recievers is because they play like Devante Parker. Inconsistent and unreliable. . He has been a dud for most of his years here. He had the lowest separation of the top 132 recievers in the NFL this year. Let that sink in, the lowest. His yards after catch are horrible. If He is your #1, your offense will not be good. And as far as a fully healthy Parker, good luck with that, He should change his name to Devante Questionable Parker.

This is a large oversell. Exceptional footwork is pushing it. Pocket presence was his biggest problem. He couldn't deal with pocket breakdowns and often ran right into them. Interesting number, in his 9 starts he was only hurried 14 times and he was sacked 20 times. Herbert, in 16 was hurried 91 times and only sacked 32. This is just a comparison, I don't care who you think is better.

I'll give you throwing into tight windows occasionally. When he made decisions and stepped into throws, he threw into some tight windows. I don't think they are tight windows for others but I do give him credit for this.

Progressions were another major issue for him. They had to give him flats and quick routes because he struggled here as well. He completed 65% of his passes. His accuracy was nowhere near as advertised. Deep balls were never close, dirt balls, balls behind guys. His % of uncatchable balls is way too high for his low amount of attempts.

Lastly, and I noticed you didn't put this in there, his absolute inability to throw with any accuracy on the run. It's was terrible. No two ways about this.

He was a better runner than I thought he would be. This given having had major hip surgery. I thought when he was decisive, he actually did a decent job of this.
If you put on the Arizona game, how would you rate his pocket presence, accuracy (in the pocket and on the run) and footwork in that game?

To me, if you focus on his best games, you see a lot of talent being realized for a rookie with no preseason and not-great weapons. His worst games had practice-squad level talent at WR and RB. For me, that is enough to just roll with Tua, as long as we draft Smith and Harris.

Even if trading for Watson were the 'shortcut' to contention, there is something extra satisfying about building it up the right way, from scratch....that a trade / FA hired-gun cannot match. And if it goes sideways, I wouldn't blame the FO -- I feel good enough about Tua's upside as a fan that I could live with that choice.

These arguments remind me of the political debates, where two sides put on blinders to an extent where they only see actions which justify their preconceptions.

Tua completed some beautiful passes on the run....best pass I think I've seen him throw was a designed rollout where he hit Gesicki at the second level with a perfectly thrown ball.

Its not a shock to me that a reporter found someone willing to talk a little trash about the rookie QB. We heard similar little snippets come from teammates of Mahomes, Rodgers, Rivers and I'm sure plenty of others. Those are just the ones that come to mind. Anytime you have a hyped rookie come in that's clearly inferior to the veteran on the roster there are going to be some vets rolling their eyes. Tua seems like someone that people rally around and if his performance on the field starts to mesh with the expectations I'm sure we'll have heard the last of this petty sniping.

Yeah keep propogating your nonsense dude. Watch the tape without the agenda you clearly have, all of those things are evident in Tua's game. But if you don't see it I don't know what to tell you, because it's clearly never going to change your mind. Again watch the tape and come back with some examples that back up your points here.

Back
Top Bottom