Armando: players take on Tua | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

As a Dolphins fan, if I was also one of the team reporters I would never disclose this information. If anything, I'd probably try to talk the player down from thinking that way. I'd be the worst team reporter ever, but I'd be loyal. It doesn't help Tua and it doesn't help this organization at the draft. That being said, can we really say Armando is a true Dolphins fan? 🤔
Jets reporter Manish Mehta crossed many lines but when he approached the GM's son at a Philly game, Joe Douglas laid the law down to the New York News tabloid about reporter access and Mehta was kicked to the curb.

Mando has a history of douchebaggery when it comes to the Fins. Hopefully Flores who has shown he does not suffer fools lightly will have a come to Haysus meeting with the Miami Herald regarding their future access to the team.

Tua was 100% carried by the defense. Its not even debatable, Tannys defense couldnt carry anything.
This is simple math.
If the defense doesnt score as many TDS next year, then I think we will have problems.

Tua was 100% carried by the defense. Its not even debatable, Tannys defense couldnt carry anything.
This is simple math.
If the defense doesnt score as many TDS next year, then I think we will have problems.
32 out of your last 40 posts involved dogging on Tua. I'm sure that ratio would have been consistent if auditing another 40 or 80

With all the different OPs posted, you seem to be here with a single-minded agenda you are only too anxious to foist on others. It's certainly your right as a poster in good standing but don't be surprised if your Tua Derangement is ignored by more and more FH members.

1610735703604.png

It is not the yards that concern me and I suspect a few others. He just didn't show anything that made him special, his arm is truly lackluster, he is small and slower than someone of his stature should be in the NFL.

We will see after a year of conditioning, but I think his ceiling is Pennington at the moment (perhaps that will be enough).
I’ve said this once, and I’ll say it again. If you’re looking for physical traits (outside of accuracy) that make Tua special, you’re forever going to be disappointed.

This is like test driving a Range Rover and expecting it to feel like Ferrari. You’re going to miss all of the details of the Range Rover “because it doesn’t go fast”.

The traits that have always made Tua special at every level are much more dynamic than height, weight, speed, size.

The ability to process, the ability to maneuver the pocket (see Arizona), poise, ball placement etc. These things were all on display at points during his rookie season. Do they need to show up more consistently? Absolutely.

If you’re going to evaluate Tua, at least evaluate him compared to players of his like. Evaluate his rookie year vs Brees and what he needs to do to reach that ceiling. Evaluate him vs Pennington and Alex Smith and how he’s already light years ahead of where those guys were at the same benchmarks.

I've been here 16 years..and only had to start using the ignore button in the last two weeks...I guess those bratty little kids that you saw in the store acting up,and their parents not doing anything...
well,they have grown up and joined FinHeaven it seems....

I’ve said this once, and I’ll say it again. If you’re looking for physical traits (outside of accuracy) that make Tua special, you’re forever going to be disappointed.

This is like test driving a Range Rover and expecting it to feel like Ferrari. You’re going to miss all of the details of the Range Rover “because it doesn’t go fast”.

The traits that have always made Tua special at every level are much more dynamic than height, weight, speed, size.

The ability to process, the ability to maneuver the pocket (see Arizona), poise, ball placement etc. These things were all on display at points during his rookie season. Do they need to show up more consistently? Absolutely.

If you’re going to evaluate Tua, at least evaluate him compared to players of his like. Evaluate his rookie year vs Brees and what he needs to do to reach that ceiling. Evaluate him vs Pennington and Alex Smith and how he’s already light years ahead of where those guys were at the same benchmarks.
I'm going to KEEP coming back to Drew Brees. He's the smallest, least athletic QB that I ever worried would find a way to beat the other team. ...and he really wasn't very good right away, yet he's active this week at 42 years old.

If Tua can progress like Drew did... a little bit each year, we could be VERY happy with him long term.

I NEVER believed that Tua was a generational talent or would single-handedly lift our offense. People who say these things just routinely deal in hyperbole, but it never meant that he couldn't be excellent with time and a better supporting cast. I'm hopeful, Hell... I'm a Dolphins fan.

I'm going to KEEP coming back to Drew Brees. He's the smallest, least athletic QB that I ever worried would find a way to beat the other team. ...and he really wasn't very good right away, yet he's active this week at 42 years old.

If Tua can progress like Drew did... a little bit each year, we could be VERY happy with him long term.

I NEVER believed that Tua was a generational talent or would single-handedly lift our offense. People who say these things just routinely deal in hyperbole, but it never meant that he couldn't be excellent with time and a better supporting cast. I'm hopeful, Hell... I'm a Dolphins fan.
Totally get where you’re coming from. Look, I compared him to Phillip Rivers at first. I’m not one on the whole “generational” talent thing in general, and I wasn’t on Tua. Way too overused in today’s society.

My whole point is, if you’re going to make comparisons and projections, at least compare him to guys of his same skill set.

Waiting for his arm to get stronger because that’s what he needs to be elite (spoiler alert, it’s not going to and doesn’t need to) is fools gold

Totally get where you’re coming from. Look, I compared him to Phillip Rivers at first. I’m not one on the whole “generational” talent thing in general, and I wasn’t on Tua. Way too overused in today’s society.

My whole point is, if you’re going to make comparisons and projections, at least compare him to guys of his same skill set.

Waiting for his arm to get stronger because that’s what he needs to be elite (spoiler alert, it’s not going to and doesn’t need to) is fools gold
No, he'll never have a cannon. He just doesn't have the build for that. Nor does he have the ability to run much. He'll have to be a mobile, smart QB who beats you with his head... and if he manages that, he'll be a BLAST to watch play.

This is simple math.

Still haven't seen you given a single reason off his actual gameplay why he was as bad as you say he was.

Still waiting.

looks like Tua was a little lucky this year...

I, absolutely, do not doubt this stat, but I do wonder... are numbers like these typical for most years?

We all know that many DBs are DBs because they just can't catch.

32 out of your last 40 posts involved dogging on Tua. I'm sure that ratio would have been consistent if auditing another 40 or 80

With all the different OPs posted, you seem to be here with a single-minded agenda you are only too anxious to foist on others. It's certainly your right as a poster in good standing but don't be surprised if your Tua Derangement is ignored by more and more FH members.

View attachment 62670

LOL forum auditor.

Still haven't seen you given a single reason off his actual gameplay why he was as bad as you say he was.

Still waiting.

his own teammates think he was pretty bad.
do constant 3 and outs constitute a reason in your playbook?

Back
Top Bottom