Armando: players take on Tua | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

im only gonna say this once to you cause you are super slow

tannehill was never carried by his defense. Never ever.

the 2020 season for Miami was completely carried by that defense.

even tua was carried by that defense. That’s how they could call that nuetered offense and stay in games even though the offense was doing Jack squat lol... til the pressure burst the pipes

the asks were completely different of the quarterbacks bro. I don’t think tannnehill executed better than Tua, he had a completely different ask of him.

l think Tuas deep ball accuracy is light years ahead of tannnehills at the same point but tannnehill worked the boundary better.

and the Dolphins on Tannnehill rookie team was actually pretty nice if I recall correctly

Last edited:
If you dont think Fitzpatrick was better than Tagovailoa this year you obviously didnt watch a single game

I will take this:

Fitz won 4 games, 3 of which were against the two worst teams in the league the Jets twice and the Jags, threw for less than 200 yards on two of those occasions. His one truly impressive game was the first half versus SF. He threw three ints and no TDs week 1 versus the Pats, he threw 0 TDs again versus the seahawks and two ints against one of the worst D's in the league, who were giving up points everywhere at that stage of the season. He came on in the Denver game to "save us" and promptly threw one of the worst red zone ints you'll see with the game on the line at the end. Comes off the bench against LV and does well, but let's not make that some super amazing comeback, we were 3 pts down, he got us a field goal, then dumped the ball off to Gaskin on a check down who beats a couple of players for a 50 yd score, he had no clue where the ball was going to Hollins, he admitted so himself, for the facemask play.

It was a typical Fitz season in many ways, up and down, he takes chances that's his game, he's a career .500 QB and we would probably have gone 8-8 had we stuck with him. I find it hard to believe we would have won the Cards game or even the Pats game with him under center, teams like the Bengals, Rams and Chargers may have been given more hope because he is way less careful with the ball, evidence the fact that he threw more ints than Tua in less starts !

You're take is revisionist nonsense tbh, based on zero factual evidence. We wouldn't have been in the playoffs if Fitz had been the starter all year, we wouldn't have won that Bills game if he had been available and starting. There is zero evidence to back up any of those claims from Fitz history and displays this season, which were once again up and down.

Last edited:
As a Dolphins fan, if I was also one of the team reporters I would never disclose this information. If anything, I'd probably try to talk the player down from thinking that way. I'd be the worst team reporter ever, but I'd be loyal. It doesn't help Tua and it doesn't help this organization at the draft. That being said, can we really say Armando is a true Dolphins fan? 🤔

We dont disagree on much, but one of the only issues i have when people keep bringing up Josh Allen is this. Allen needs to be compared more to Lamar Jackson than Tua. Allen and Tua are so far different in the make-up of a QB that they shouldn't really ever be in comparison scenario's. When Allen was drafted, most people said he couldnt hit the broad side of the barn from 10 yards away. Allen was 100% potential from the point they picked him,..the cannon and the wheels, but would it all come together for him. I think with Tua its more like. Can we put it all together around Tua? Give him help he'll be elite.

Its not bad that Tua's elite trait is accuracy and decision making, but he was never drafted to be a project/potential type QB

Fitz was better as a reliever not a full time starter.
I'm still all about Fitz being our John Smoltz or Eck. **** it, lets do it.

A reminder gentlemen that this is the topic

armando-players-take-on-tua

If you are just here trolling go away

the asks were completely different of the quarterbacks bro. I don’t think tannnehill executed better than Tua, he had a completely different ask of him.

l think Tuas deep ball accuracy is light years ahead of tannnehills at the same point but tannnehill worked the boundary better.

and the Dolphins on Tannnehill rookie team was actually pretty nice if I recall correctly

you mean nice with hartline and Davon Bess? Or when Mike Wallace showed up and half assed it or couldn’t locate the football or dropped the damn thing. You guys are nuts man.

that deep ball tannehill stuff was always overblown.

as for the qb ask from an offense stand point tanny was asked to do a ton more

but this thread isn’t about tannehill even though folks want to take shots at him that aren’t necessary or accurate

that kid was getting hit rush 3 drop 8 before his back foot could hit although maybe that was every year after I can’t recall there was so many of them

well, its funny how many posts on here blame it all on tuas lack of offensive talent? really? he has no arm stregth...wasnt fitz throwing the ball to same people? smh
Tua has no arm strength??? :lol:

Tua did fine in 2020 under the circumstances .

These remarks are so much like Ryan Tannehill's 2012, 2013, 2014 seasons.

Tua's long ball is the lack of confidence playing in the pro's after half of his 2019 season cut short, no mini camp, no preseason, and not starting 2020 season while learning his new offense all while his body was heeling from a major rare injury.

We dont disagree on much, but one of the only issues i have when people keep bringing up Josh Allen is this. Allen needs to be compared more to Lamar Jackson than Tua. Allen and Tua are so far different in the make-up of a QB that they shouldn't really ever be in comparison scenario's. When Allen was drafted, most people said he couldnt hit the broad side of the barn from 10 yards away. Allen was 100% potential from the point they picked him,..the cannon and the wheels, but would it all come together for him. I think with Tua its more like. Can we put it all together around Tua? Give him help he'll be elite.

Its not bad that Tua's elite trait is accuracy and decision making, but he was never drafted to be a project/potential type QB

I'm still all about Fitz being our John Smoltz or Eck. **** it, lets do it.

that comp for Allen doesn’t work anymore in Lamar Jackson. Prior years he was a one read and take off with it qb. Not this year. And it directly correlates to his play level going up separate from the accuracy strides mostly mechanics based.

josh Allen stands in the pocket and goes thru reads now and knows that his arm can get him out of trouble when he’s a little late.

that comp for Allen doesn’t work anymore in Lamar Jackson. Prior years he was a one read and take off with it qb. Not this year. And it directly correlates to his play level going up separate from the accuracy strides mostly mechanics based.

josh Allen stands in the pocket and goes thru reads now and knows that his arm can get him out of trouble when he’s a little late.
And his offensive line is giving him quite a bit of time to go through his progressions.

that comp for Allen doesn’t work anymore in Lamar Jackson. Prior years he was a one read and take off with it qb. Not this year. And it directly correlate

Yeah but from a drafting rhetoric, you would look at them almost from a comparison stand point from the branching and development of their careers. Josh Allen isnt going to convince anyone that he has Lamar Jacksons running back moves, but everyone knew he was highly athletic. Also both with the cannon. They were both drafted for their high ceilings/low floor, not necessarily what they could show rookie year. You would expect a QB with the higher floor to have better stats from get go, especially when his job is taking care of the ball for a playoff caliber team.

Back
Top Bottom