Armando: Possible DC Replacements | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Possible DC Replacements

Joe will never hire a replacement that could replace him midseason.

I would love to see someone that could build relationships with the players and be great at communicating.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Even if forced on him?

That would be pretty late to happen in the grand scheme of things at this point.

Joe will never hire a replacement that could replace him midseason.

I think that's something that might attract a DC here. There's potential for advancement in Miami.

you have one side of the coin, do well and you go to the playoffs. On the other side, if the team sucks and the coach gets fired you are a candidate for the job on a pretty short list. That sounds pretty appealing to me.

Philbin's interim replacement is already on staff if you want to view it that way. It's silly to think he wouldn't want to hire the best guy that can extend his tenure. That said, I don't think Coyle is going to get fired. He'll get the same pass that Philbin got.

Every dad that goes by is bad news for those that want Coyle gone. Philbin can't wait too long one way or the other. It's not fair to Coyle. If Coyle gets fired he should have a chance to catch on with another team before every position is filled. I don't believe Philbin would hold onto Coyle to the point of hurting his chances of going to another team and because of that, I believe we have at most 2 or 3 days before he's either let go or he's told that he's coming back.

Mangini...love him, but he will never be hired because he is so close to Dawn Aponte, Mike Tannenbaum and for that matter Steve Ross. He is a threat to Philbin and for that matter if I was Philbin in the spot he was in, I would not hire him because of Mangini's connections to the FO.

Joe is never going to poach from GB.

Jim Leavitt is a great football man. Interesting name.

Jim Schwartz would be an off the charts selection. I love the way he teaches the game...team plays with an edge.

Mike Smith did a great job in Jax. Good professional that would not be over his head.

Pepper Johnson would interest me as a guy that could take the next step...Vrabel the same. However, Joe is not in a spot to hire a neophyte DC.

Butch Davis should be considered. The man is a winner and has something to prove.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I think that's something that might attract a DC here. There's potential for advancement in Miami.

you have one side of the coin, do well and you go to the playoffs. On the other side, if the team sucks and the coach gets fired you are a candidate for the job on a pretty short list. That sounds pretty appealing to me.

Interesting point. Would Joe willfully bring that person on staff? Remains to be seen.

Butch Davis should be added to his list. Great football coach.

Tell me about Butch Davis. They are clamoring for him over on the Hurricane forum and I know he coached the Canes for a period of time. Other than that and the gig at UNC, who is this guy and what does he bring to the table.

Or just keep coyle

Fo83IwJ-1.gif

Armando overlooked our own team, which imo is the only real possibility of finding a DC willing to work for 1 year. I doubt external candidates would consider coming here if they know they could be dismissed after 1 year even if they performed well.

Some promotion from within candidates: Mark Duffner, Lou Anarumo, and Kacy Rodgers.

The fact that Coyle looks like Tony Sparano should be reason enough to get rid of him.

I have been wanting Jim Leavitt since we hired Philbin. He took USF from nothing to a #2 ranking. He ran the defensive drills at the combine. He is a great coach. He was wrongly fired by USF. He has been the LBers coach for SF since.

Every dad that goes by is bad news for those that want Coyle gone. Philbin can't wait too long one way or the other. It's not fair to Coyle. If Coyle gets fired he should have a chance to catch on with another team before every position is filled. I don't believe Philbin would hold onto Coyle to the point of hurting his chances of going to another team and because of that, I believe we have at most 2 or 3 days before he's either let go or he's told that he's coming back.
I get feeling the longer Philbin waits to back Coyle, the worse it looks for him, but then again it could be all for show

Back
Top Bottom