Armando Reporting Ryan Is Gone. | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Reporting Ryan Is Gone.

Not a Tannehill fan but you get rid of him who do you replace him with?

Ok let me stop laughing and actually try and answer this question seriously since it seems like you may be serious about this.

But before I go ahead and answer I do need to state that in releasing Tannehill we are trying to replace a guy that lead us to zero playoff wins, never played in a playoff game, and is currently leading one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Ok so with that said.

You could replace him with a Teddy Bridgewater or Trevor Sieman or just let Fales start. Either way you ain't making the playoffs but you move on from Tannehills terrible contract and start to rebuild the team with that money. You can also draft a QB this year or next or both. For sure at least one of those years. Doesn't really matter what they do, Tannehill is guaranteed to eat up a lot of money and never win a game that matter.

Except they have done ALOT to the oline. Go look at the changes there in the past seven years. Look at the turnover in players and coaches. Look at the draft picks and money invested in it. Compare their sack numbers with Tannehill in vs. Moore, Cutler and Osweiler.
I have to explore this a bit more....

RT17’s long ball has improved. His pocket presence is still abysmal. Can he throw a fade after 7 years? Time to move on people.

Never seen a good fade, a decent back shoulder throw, never have seen him climb the pocket effectively etc..all stuff you expect from a good starting QB in the NFL imo

His deep ball did improve I’ll give him that

Seriously, Tannehill is and has been a mid-average QB. He's getting paid mid-average starting QB money. He's got his faults (nearly zero pocket awareness) but he's not the reason why the Dolphins aren't winning.

There's a lot of other pieces you need to start replacing first.

Namely:

1. Front Office
2. Coaches
3. OL and DL

The QB you guys want to replace him A) does not exist or B) is so expensive you will have literally no team next to him.

So play the smart long game. Build a TEAM.

EDIT: I'd say owner too, but there is no chance Ross sells the team. He's going to have to die first.

Tannehill's agent should be ready to call the Jaguars as soon as he's done with the Dolphins. Best scenario for him imo. Would be funny to see the excuses if he still fails with all that support around him though. :lol:

the attitude around here - and really it seems within the organization as well - is that we go 10-6 every year but lose early in the playoffs. so before we make a change we better have something in place that will atleast keep us making the playoffs.

we are a .500 team that has made the playoffs twice in the last 17 years. as much as i hate to say it, and will hate living through it even more, this franchise needs a few 4-12 seasons to rebuild with picks at the top of each round. the worst thing for it is another 7-9 season from ryan tannehill and adam gase.
That doesn't really answer his question.....does it?

Ok let me stop laughing and actually try and answer this question seriously since it seems like you may be serious about this.

But before I go ahead and answer I do need to state that in releasing Tannehill we are trying to replace a guy that lead us to zero playoff wins, never played in a playoff game, and is currently leading one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Ok so with that said.

You could replace him with a Teddy Bridgewater or Trevor Sieman or just let Fales start. Either way you ain't making the playoffs but you move on from Tannehills terrible contract and start to rebuild the team with that money. You can also draft a QB this year or next or both. For sure at least one of those years. Doesn't really matter what they do, Tannehill is guaranteed to eat up a lot of money and never win a game that matter.
Sieman or Fales.....are those upgrades? Bridgewater, perhaps a lateral move or upgrade, who knows since he has been out for so long....but assuming the right choice, how much are you willing to pay him? Is he the future or a stop gap....and if a stop gap, why would he come to Miami when he could be a starter somewhere else.

You are going to pay RT anyway......how much more are you willing to spend to get to the same place as you mentioned above? You save some money by making him a June 1 designation, do we take that savings and throw it at someone who is still going to not get us anywhere?

Not sure I follow the logic. Perhaps you can stop laughing long enough to give us the master plan? If Gase is not fired, he is going to go all out to win next year or he certainly will get fired next year. He needs an O-line, D-line, TE and a QB. Perhaps there is a Trader Joe's in South Florida where he can pick that up since in your world it is just that simple...…

if bridgewater or fales or siemens sucks then we get rid of them and get someone else no more 8 year tanny development plans for anyone.

You just proved that you neither understand football nor how the salary cap works.

I have to explore this a bit more....
In 2012 his line was Long, Incognito, Pouncey, Jerry and Martin
In 2013 his line was McKinney, Incognito, Pouncey, Jerry and Clabo
In 2014 his line was Albert, Colledge, Satale, Pouncey and James
In 2015 his line was Albert, Thomas, Pouncey, Turner and Fox
in 2016 his line was Albert, Tunsil, Pouncey, Bushrod and James
2017 he didn't play
In 2018 his line was Tunsil, Larsen (Sitton), Swanson, Davis and James
Count how many top draft picks are in there.

That doesn't really answer his question.....does it?

sorry if i didn't do a better job of saying it's not like we're a perennial playoff team, so i dont care who we replace them with, as long as they are gone.

Tannehill's agent should be ready to call the Jaguars as soon as he's done with the Dolphins. Best scenario for him imo. Would be funny to see the excuses if he still fails with all that support around him though. :lol:
You think the Jaguars' brass saw his performance and said, "Wow, I bet he'd be a better fit than Nick Foles."

I don't....

Back
Top Bottom