Armando Reporting Ryan Is Gone. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Reporting Ryan Is Gone.

Miami needs to pull a Oakland Raiders more and trade off players and suck next season. My fear is that they will keep Gase and TBum and use Tammehill as a scapegoat when in fact this team needs to be blown up from the top. If this happens, they will draft a BUM QB in 2019 and we will continue to live in mediocrity hell. 2020 is when we need to draft a QB.

Those predictions make a lot of sense to me. Sell the farm for a rookie this draft highly likely. May bring in bwater to bridge the gap on a 2 year deal
Falk factors in somehow.

And Brock will ride the Gase train as long as he is here.

giphy.gif

I’d welcome him back if he takes 10 or so million off that cap. Nobody great coming out and no other stop gap qbs worth anything.

I’d welcome him back if he takes 10 or so million off that cap. Nobody great coming out and no other stop gap qbs worth anything.

Definitely! TBum needs to be the first person fired, even before Burke.

I haven't posted in gosh probably a year. I am a big Tannehill fan and Gase. I don't believe Tannehill is to blame for the issues of this team. However, if you get rid of him there is absolutely no reason that we should not clean house.

From the general manager to the head coach to the players on the field. It has not been functional. None of the three seem to be on the same page and that's why you should clean house. Too many times we clean out one of these three areas but leave the other two intact. It is time to hit the reset button like we did in 2008.

I am disappointed with Gase. I don't think his time with Peyton Manning should count. Peyton Manning made everybody look good in his career. In three years he has not made this offense potent. However, I think he is still a good coach.

Too many questionable moves are made by management and the coaching staff. We have glimpses of players doing well but it has been a while since we have had a superstar on either side of the ball or even good quality production from multiple positions.

I believed in Tannehill and Gase but I think it is time we make the difficult choice and hit the reset button. The fans deserve to have a competitive team and we have covered around .500 for way too many years even beyond this regime. I will not be happy if we make changes in one area but not the others.

Tannenbaum is like BFFs with Ross. We are stuck it’s him. He should be the first one to go.

Yea he's definitely progressing in the right direction. Spread offense but he has made full field reads from time to time unlike Herbert but either way the offense will need to be simplified when he jumps to the NFL. When he got moved off his spot he was much less effective earlier in the season but he has gotten better in that aspect.

yeah but one trend im noticing is these college guys are adapting rather well to the nfl rather quickly. mayfield, mahomes, watson, trubisky for the most part, you gotta simplify and cater to their strengths out the gate but they are all leading winning teams. To a lesser extent goff as well

but theres a common denominator to the first four... they are all excellent when things break down.

Thank god. Finally, finally, after 7 years of this garbage, me calling for this for probably 5 years. Get rid of this bum. Ryan Tannehill has been the worst thing this franchise has experienced in the last 20 years. No position has a bigger impact than qb and no guy has kept this team in mediocrity more than this fool. Constantly sucking but then showing just enough of a glimmer to fool some fans and coaches.

Good luck Ryan on your career as a future back up. Congrats on stealing millions from this dumb fanchise.

So spend 26 mil on a 30 plus yr old qb, while thinking you can somehow plan on a high enough pick to get a QB in 2020? Tannehill isnt bad enough to get us in that range, and then you need draft capital to move up....making those needless 2-4 wins to get us to 8-8, dumb.
Fans every year believe the draft is going to fix their dreams like some sort of drug addicts. Those fans dumbly cast aside some NFL veterans from their teams and expect a gamble like the draft is going to replace those guys with shiney new toys like a Santa Claus. Well it is Christmas so you do have the spirit so I do give you credit.

Really the draft is also a chess game which requires long term planning. This years draft is shallow in the QB pool. Next years draft at QB in 20 there are better pickings. Sure we might finish 50 50 next year so what if we can fix the oline and give the defense a new look so the next QB can suceed.

Fans every year believe the draft is going to fix their dreams

No. Fans are not stupid.

In the case of the QB, the team needs a phenom, a new four year window. The way to get that is to draft one and let him earn second contract, let him have his window. The other quarterback has not delivered on contract, for 7 years. He is done.

i highly highly recommend watching haskins in the rose bowl if you are intersted in 2019 qbs. His season has had highs and lows but he has really come on and corrected some flaws he has shown all season

its hard with him being a 1 year starter, but if he can give me one more glimpse of moving around in the pocket and extending plays with his feet like he has to wrap up the season, hes my #1.

flat footed in the pocket is a real concern with him though. those positive glimpses show just what he can be though

ive seen some knock on his arm strength, and im not buying that at all

Flat footed was the knock on Lamar Jackson last year. He stood there flat footed in the bowl game against Mississippi State and it caused his mechanics to be so bad he launched wild high time and again. It led to 4 interceptions. The announcers were talking about the flat footed aspect throughout the game.

It is not a big deal, IMO. The athletic quarterbacks can change their game and it is rare that their game stays the same from season to season. Jackson is improving every time I see him. Of course, sometimes it can go in reverse like Robert Griffin. But he already had that terrible tendency in college to be unable to avoid defenders and collisions.

Haskins' arm strength is fine. That is a farce.

But I don't think he will be available when we pick. Once quarterbacks are the hot ticket they keep rising and rising. If we want Haskins we need to be prepared to trade up. As I mentioned in the Draft Forum about a month ago, outside the top three picks the last first round quarterback who fell to a team without a trade up required was E.J. Manuel to the Bills in 2013.

We should have gotten a hint regarding Ryan Tannehill when nobody jumped ahead of us to grab him.

Darn the world

Flat footed was the knock on Lamar Jackson last year. He stood there flat footed in the bowl game against Mississippi State and it caused his mechanics to be so bad he launched wild high time and again. It led to 4 interceptions. The announcers were talking about the flat footed aspect throughout the game.

It is not a big deal, IMO. The athletic quarterbacks can change their game and it is rare that their game stays the same from season to season. Jackson is improving every time I see him. Of course, sometimes it can go in reverse like Robert Griffin. But he already had that terrible tendency in college to be unable to avoid defenders and collisions.

Haskins' arm strength is fine. That is a farce.

But I don't think he will be available when we pick. Once quarterbacks are the hot ticket they keep rising and rising. If we want Haskins we need to be prepared to trade up. As I mentioned in the Draft Forum about a month ago, outside the top three picks the last first round quarterback who fell to a team without a trade up required was E.J. Manuel to the Bills in 2013.

We should have gotten a hint regarding Ryan Tannehill when nobody jumped ahead of us to grab him.

Darn the world

of course, the thing about jackson was obviously just how electric he was with his feet. generational stuff. haskins doesnt have that side so him being heavy footed in the pocket is a larger concern

i agree 1000% that haskins wont make it past ten, probly 5-6 imo.

Back
Top Bottom