Armando Salguero Article on Jarvis Landry | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero Article on Jarvis Landry

I think we are just asking for a 3rd down problem especially if we are gonna depend on some rookie or stills to pick up that slack
Yep. And you just know Parker won’t play 16 games.

If the team knew they didn't want to pay above 11-12 million and knew his asking price was above what they wanted to pay, why not trade him at some point last year to get some value as oppose to letting him go for nothing. Probably would have gotten a low 2nd rounder. The Patriots traded Jaime Collins because they knew they weren't going to pay him big. Why don't we have the foresight?
There were reports of Landry being on the block starting in training camp and when Ajayi was traded.

Landry apparently had some more to say on Twitter today.

Franchise tag imminent?

Also, have a hearty laugh at the Ravens fans replying to that tweet talking about how great he will be with Flacco. Someone please direct these bums to the Pro Football Reference page for Mike Wallace.

I think we are just asking for a 3rd down problem especially if we are gonna depend on some rookie or stills to pick up that slack
How much are you willing to pay him a year?

Ozzy rules!!

I’d read into that as mandos smear article

I agree. It sucks we're throwing mud at him to get fans to stomach him leaving.

I didn't care we did with Ajayi but it hurts doing it to Landry.

If we want to keep him, he can't hit free agency. If I am the browns, I front load a deal so bad no team could ever think about matching. A trio of Landry, Josh Gordan, and Corey Coleman has the potential to be elite, combined with David Njoku at TE. They take Josh Rosen at 1 and Saquon Barkely at 4, you have the makings of one of the best young offenses in the league. Wow, I just got way off track... Point being, we're never going to be able match another team's offer even if he does give us the chance. Teams have ridiculous cash to spend.

Franchising Landry makes zero sense?
For what?
You have already done everything you can to get him to change his behavior if you are Miami. To learn the playbook, to be where he is supposed to be.
They basically announced that the second half of the season was an audition to prove to them what he could do.
By virtue of Mando's article it sounds like he got marginally better but not by a lot.

So what does a hyper expensive one year contract accomplish?
He would still be disgruntled since he wants a long term contract and he is no closer to fixiing his problems.

Let him go, and hope it earns you a third round comp. At this point that is the best you can hope for.

That said we should have taken the Bears offer of a 2nd round pick had that been on the table. Would have been the best for all parties involved. We blew it at the deadline.

For what?
You have already done everything you can to get him to change his behavior if you are Miami. To learn the playbook, to be where he is supposed to be.
They basically announced that the second half of the season was an audition to prove to them what he could do.
By virtue of Mando's article it sounds like he got marginally better but not by a lot.

He would still be disgruntled since he wants a long term contract and he is no closer to fixiing his problems.

Let him go, and hope it earns you a third round comp. At this point that is the best you can hope for.

That said we should have taken the Bears offer of a 2nd round pick had that been on the table. Would have been the best for all parties involved. We blew it at the deadline.

We could have gone 4-12 without him. Not that it makes a difference but I guess Gase and Tbaum didn't want to risk their jobs just so someone else could use the pick and money.

Ross might have barred it too.

The only knock I had with Landry was his lack of td production
which proved me wrong this season

More TDs this season than Parker has had
in his previous 3 seasons...combined

why are we worried about paying Jarvis $14M or whatever, after the of the salaries to Branch, Jones and Kiko? Not to mention someone that didn't even play this season. At least you know Jarvis is healthy indwell do whatever asked of - and be productive. He gave Cutler $10M . Are you saying Landry isn't worth more?

Smear from the FO or not, theres not a lot in that article I disagree ago with. Landry is damn good, a great slot WR but he isnt elite. But wants to be paid like an Elite WR, I am no fan of this FO but I can certainly see why they are is balking at this.

Sure, it would make a lot more sense to overpay Landry than to hand Cutler 10m, or overpay Branch and Kiko (especially when he could have played last year on a low tender contract!), or to extend a second SS we don't need - but those mistakes are already on the cap and you can't overpay everyone. Sadly we have probably already filled our quota of overpriced contract. Who needs Landry when you have Branch and Cutler?

Oh and that second Suh restructure they are planning is going to hurt like hell one of these days aswell

Last edited:
For what?

Is that 2nd round offer from Chicago verified? The best offer I have read is a 3rd but haven't seen which team that was from. If it's true Miami was offered Chicago's 2nd and didn't take it then heads should roll especially since Landry probably is going to leave for maybe at best a 3rd comp in 2019. If that offer is true it also would add to the long list of blunders on the personnel side Miami has made since Tannenbaum arrived.

Back
Top Bottom