Armando Salguero: Dolphins Should Consider QB Matt Flynn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins Should Consider QB Matt Flynn

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
One thing I failed to mention was a rising name among NFL people that should not be overlooked by the Dolphins: Green Bay quarterback Matt Flynn.

It's widely believed the Packers will listen to trade offers for Flynn this offseason because they understand Flynn may eventually depart via free agency and they would get nothing for him in return. so getting something now might be more palatable than getting nothing later.

Some NFL teams believe Flynn might be ready begin his career as an NFL starter. He'd have learning to do. He'd have to ripen a bit. But his performance in Week 15 against New England made some folks pay attention. Flynn started for Aaron Rodgers and completed 24 of 37 passes for 251 yards, with three TDs and one INT in the game.

So against a team that has had a QB advantage over the Dolphins for a decade, Flynn completed 64.1 percent of his passes and had a 100.2 rating. Yes, the Packers lost 31-27 to New England, but if you watched the game you understand Flynn did his part.

And that is at least worth considering if you're the Dolphins.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-quarterbacks-quarterbacks.html#ixzz1DufY4NJf

The question tho is what is his value?

Is it the system and the wr's that make him look good?

I would do it but not give up too much

I'm not sold on the kid. It's a geat system for a qb to do wonders. He did look pretty good but not even close to how Rodgers looks either. But I will say if u can get him really cheap then go for it just to add some potential to position.

This and next offseason if needed, make every move to find some type of franchise QB. Getting Flynn then drafting one or going after Kolb like they have said would give us multiple chances to land a QB.

It might hurt getting other positions right now but hey it's been a decade, it's time lol.

He's worth a third in my book. I graded him as a 3rd out of the draft which is very lofty compared to most. Even a fourth and a fifth or sixth. The guy was a winner in college and I think he has the leadership traits to command an offense.

In reality it would not be smart to trade for Flynn. Big deal he had one good game, hell Henne has had a few good games. The data on Flynn is too limited and I dont really see him as anything special and way too big a risk unless u trading like a 6th or a 7th.

Armando should never put his opinion in a piece of writing.

I wouldn't be apposed to it. I thought about that when I saw he play as well. But he could also be another J Feely as well. So a third or a fourth wouldn't be to bad. He is about like Kolb as far as I can see.

We have awesome beat writers.

In reality it would not be smart to trade for Flynn. Big deal he had one good game, hell Henne has had a few good games. The data on Flynn is too limited and I dont really see him as anything special and way too big a risk unless u trading like a 6th or a 7th.

A voice of reason. It's comical to me how some of the sportswriters declare someone a potential starter after 1-2 good games in a backup role. I seem to recall a guy named Feely who did the same thing.
What these so called experts always seem to miss, is that when a backup plays a few games the defensive coordinators haven't had a chance to break down his game to design a defense to take away what they do best.

Why did a weak Dolphins team was able to destroy all powerful Patriots in Foxboro in 2008?
The wildcat was little known and unexpected at the pro-level, so the surprise factor helped a lot.

In my opinion, Matt Flynn is a fine project, but very risky. Unless his price is a conditional 6th on 2012, i see no reason to move.

I mean a few years ago a young QB played very well during the last four games of the season, covering one of the top passers in the league, winning 3 of 4 and attacking tons of attention by throwing his team into playoff and allowing his starter to recover for such stage.

So about fourteen months later he's traded. What happened next?

This guy is called A.J. Feeley. And in case you are too young to remember or a fan for some other club, this guy was an interception machine for the Dolphins during 2004. His only big moment was winning a MNF over the Pats, but nothing more. He's a nice WCO passer, but a bust outside of it.

My point is, Matt Flynn played well a single game and looked fantastic, but he's unproven and unexperienced. If his trade price is above a 7th rounder, then reject it. Henne is worth trying again.

After one good game we should give up a high draft pick for Flynn. After all, he was a solid star in college and brings a totally different skill set than Henne. *end sarcasim*

I think Armando got hijacked by someone from Finheaven.

I think any trade should be judged on what we give up, the bad thing about the Feely trade was we traded a #2 that ended up being a high 2. I would not give up a #2 for Fynn but a 3 maybe. If we draft a Qb in the 3rd it will be someone like Stanzi, Devlin dalton all Qb with some potential but no better than Flynn and further away from starting. If we traded a 3 for him I would not count on it being the answer to our QB problem but I would not be totally pissed neither. Thats what made made about J feely and Pat White, not that we took a gamble but how much we gambled . If we would have taken White in round 3 I would have thought it was a gamble that didint pay off. I just dont think you make them gambles with 1 and 2 round picks.

Armando needs to check the caps on his glue and white out! I think the fumes are getting to him.

I am not sold on him either, but the double standard is hilarious. when he plays well in green bay it's the system or wide receivers, but when aaron rodgers plays well, it's because he's another franchise qb the fins missed out on. I'm sorry, but healthy or not, I can't see rodgers having the game flynn did against the pats. and sure, they didn't know what to expect since they had such little film on him, but I wouldn't just dismiss him because he's a backup. when rodgers was backing up favre, and never threw a ball, I'm sure we all would have said the same about him.

Back
Top Bottom