Armando Salguero: Dolphins Should Consider QB Matt Flynn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins Should Consider QB Matt Flynn

Personally, I would have no problem with Miami acquiring Matt Flynn. He has had 3 years to watch and develop behind what is probably the best QB in football. His situation is similar to how Rodgers was able to develop. Rodgers dropped heavily in the draft and many questioned his potential in the NFL b/c he was under the tutelage of Jeff Tedford.

Although, it was "one" game where Ryan got the opportunity to shine against New England I was impressed mostly of how he carried himself. He "attacked" the defense. He played with a confidence and aggressiveness I have not seen Henne play with in 2 years.

Ryan's game against New England reminded me of the 1st time Marino got the opportunity to play (NO, I don't think Ryan can carry Dan's jockstrap) against the Raiders on a Monday Night. Miami was down 27-0, if memory serves me correctly, and Marino came in with a look of confidence and attacked the Raiders defense leading the team to 2 TDs on his two drives. He just had that look. I think Ryan showed that same kind of confidence against New England. I would say Ryan is a much better option than Kolb.

Last edited by a moderator:
One good game doesn't mean he is the answer, but neither does a successful college career. At some point you have to take a risk and select who you think can transition to the NFL level of play. Just as ridiculous as Armando is to some, those saying no to Flynn based on the past and not the player, is just as bad.

For the record, I liked Flynn coming out of school but I would much rather sign an established stop gap and draft a prospect to develop.

I am not concerned about whoever they take as a QB. Our own man and first time ever in his life QB coach, Carl Dorrell can tutor anyone to be a Great NFL QB. By the time he is done with Henne no one will ever remember he was once called Robot or Check Down Chad. I expect him to share headlines with guys named Manning, Brady, Starr, Unitas, Rodgers, Montanna, Elway, Kelly and yes, even Marino.

Stand back folks, let Dorrell work his magic powers on whoever it is.

Back
Top Bottom