Armando Salguero: Dolphins Should Consider QB Matt Flynn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins Should Consider QB Matt Flynn

I am not sold on him either, but the double standard is hilarious. when he plays well in green bay it's the system or wide receivers, but when aaron rodgers plays well, it's because he's another franchise qb the fins missed out on. I'm sorry, but healthy or not, I can't see rodgers having the game flynn did against the pats. and sure, they didn't know what to expect since they had such little film on him, but I wouldn't just dismiss him because he's a backup. when rodgers was backing up favre, and never threw a ball, I'm sure we all would have said the same about him.

I am not calling him a system QB however I think the limited success Flynn had is a product of teams not having film on him. So often we see a young QB come in and have success and results, hell it happened with Henne. Then after there is a few games worth of film on them defensive staffs are able to determine their tendencies and comfort zones. That is when you really see potential. Can the QB find ways to make plays outside their comfort zone and expand their knowledge and use of a offensive system. Or do they start to struggle and the team limits the system.

By this many starts young QBs like Rodgers and Ryan had been given keys to the offense. While QBs like Henne and Sanchez have had systems dumbed down for them. So the question becomes which one will Flynn be?

I am not sold on him either, but the double standard is hilarious. when he plays well in green bay it's the system or wide receivers, but when aaron rodgers plays well, it's because he's another franchise qb the fins missed out on. I'm sorry, but healthy or not, I can't see rodgers having the game flynn did against the pats. and sure, they didn't know what to expect since they had such little film on him, but I wouldn't just dismiss him because he's a backup. when rodgers was backing up favre, and never threw a ball, I'm sure we all would have said the same about him.

The point is if we want to upgrade our QB, we need experience and proven worth, not just "potential".

As you said, Flyyn got a good game, but most of it was caused because a backup and former 7th rounder, gets few attention from opponents while preparing the game. Any way he lost his game with a huge interception.

Perhaps with a new OC, Chad Henne might improve this season and stop this mess.

He looked good in that one game, and like some earlier posts, so has Henne. If we can get him for the right price, then yea. This offseason needs to be about getting good quarterback competition.

For me the question is do we give a 1st or a 2nd (after trading down) round pick to someone like Flynn or Kolb who have shown to some degree that they can play at this level. Or, do we use a 1st round on a QB that has never played in the NFL and might be a complete bust like Newton or Locker. In my opinion neither are good options, but I will admit that I am very conservative regards drafting and would prefer us to pick up a guard (Watkins, Pouncy or Boling) in the 1st if we cannot trade down for more picks.

he has to do it day in day out, at least we know he is not robotic, i would give up a 5th for him at least that late of draft pick doesn't hurt that much, but it might be the system, they have the best wr core in the game.

Please stop getting other teams backups to compete for starting Q.B. hasn't worked the last ten years

If we're paying attention to the 26-27-60 rule. Flynn scored a 32 on his Wonderlic, started just 11 games and completed just 56.1% of his passes. He fails two parts of the rule.

Just cause he had one good game with arguably the best receiving corp in football doesn't make him a star. Yes he threw 3 TDs which is more than I can say about Henne who's never done that in any one game in his career but everyone was saying Kevin Kolb was a star in the making after his 2 games two years ago and then he lost the starting job last year to Vick.

I doubt we trade for Flynn (which can't happen anyway without a new CBA in place), I doubt we trade for anyone and considering Ireland picked Pat White or at least was onboard with the pick I seriously doubt this regimes ability to evaluate a QB properly and even worse judging by Chad Henne they don't know how to develop one or take advantage of the talent he does have.

For me the question is do we give a 1st or a 2nd (after trading down) round pick to someone like Flynn or Kolb who have shown to some degree that they can play at this level. Or, do we use a 1st round on a QB that has never played in the NFL and might be a complete bust like Newton or Locker. In my opinion neither are good options, but I will admit that I am very conservative regards drafting and would prefer us to pick up a guard (Watkins, Pouncy or Boling) in the 1st if we cannot trade down for more picks.

You draft a QB with elite skills and put faith in your coaching staff to develop him. If you don't have faith in your coaching staff . . . why are they still around?

He had one good game against N.E who quite frankly had an average def. So lets go get him..Come on.. Aren't we tired of risk and no reward.. We need a top NFL QB not someone who might be. we have that already with Henne.

Back
Top Bottom