Armando Salguero: Joe Philbin delusional about lost Miami Dolphins season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Joe Philbin delusional about lost Miami Dolphins season

Well in reality teams Suh have been on up to this point have been very Philbinlike 42-42 so lets not act like he has been on alot of winning teams. He did make two wild cards with the Lions to lose which is way more thanPhilbin has done as coach but ets not act like he came from some winning organization and knows winning so well. He has experienced 6-10, 4-12 and 7-9 before its not some strange unfamiliar territory for him

And he came here for that very reason, he stated he left money on the table to go somewhere he thought had the talent to be special. (Not exact quote) He wants to win for once.

I can't believe that A.) Ross is not firing Philbin and B.) That Coyle has a job. This team has no heart, fire, or passion. That speaks volumes about where the coaches stand. This is obviously not going to go away....the coaches have lost the team. The response is.....Status quo? Seriously? This team deserves to be where they are. Ross is a joke. His response to this is to do nothing....good call. I understand a coaching change doesn't mean much to the team this season but seriously this franchise should be ashamed of where they are. This team has a history of excellence....now what do they do? Mediocre. I am sad as a dolphin fan who has seen this team from the early 80s. Philbin should have been fired last year.......This whole franchise is delusional at this point. Everyone makes fun of Cleveland but this team is the laughing stock. Too bad the ones who could make changes choose to ignore it.

It's really unbelievable. As many of us have known for so long, Philbin is inept in most aspects of coaching. His focus is on the mundane. His policies and focus are on scheduling, discipline, composure, these types of things. He plays it safe. He won't swim right after eating a meal. That's the type of team he will have. Low energy, uninspired.

What he lacks, and fails to focus on, is creativity. He lacks that spark. There's nothing innovative in his approach. It's sad, really. Miami is always a couple of steps behind the opponent, especially familiar foes like divisional rivals. Blitzes and stunts by the Jets completely befuddled the Dolphins. Yet, their D coordinator is Philbin's own former D line coach. Who knew whose tendencies better? Bills did the same thing. Misdirections, etc completely befuddled the clueless Dolphins. You can't just blame the coordinators. The head coach has the responsibility to manage and develop his coordinators, particularly first time coordinators. There's the right brain, left brain stuff. Philbin is just the memorize what you do, review the past type. He's not the think ahead, be creative, type.

Beyond all that, we are seeing what a low character guy Philbin is. He puts himself first. He didn't put assistants with good experience in position because they were threats. He refuses to fire assistants who are failing. He's not putting the team first. This is the equivalent of a player not performing or frankly being defiant. Seeing Coyle so woefully incompetent, and with so much at stake yet sticking with him defiantly, is no different than a player being a bad seed. Philbin should be fired for multiple reasons, but low character is another reason.

The sad thing for Ross is he's never seen good football ideas. He probably thinks Mr PowerPoint is what it's all about. He doesn't have access to a thinker as a coach who can lead, be creative, command respect, make good decisions etc.

Next padded practice Suh will be wearing a speedo and flip flops.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Philbin's personality is more fitting for someone running a summer camp for kids.

This guy reminds me of Cpt. Queeg. I'm just waiting for him to start the search for the ice cream...

(Some may get it...)

You want the staff out thats fine but you dont wear tennis shoes to full pad practices so the entire team sees the $114 mil man showing such defiance

You sound like a fool whining about this. Suh knows these losers aren't going to do anything to either win, or to keep him in line. If our coaches can't command respect from the players, then good on Suh for recognizing the same problems with this team that we're all livid about as fans.

You sound like a fool whining about this. Suh knows these losers aren't going to do anything to either win, or to keep him in line. If our coaches can't command respect from the players, then good on Suh for recognizing the same problems with this team that we're all livid about as fans.

You think anyone really gives a **** about us fans....and how we feel?

Personally I thik it looks bad on Suh...me may not respect what the coaches are doing, but he is still a professional and a leader...the tennis shoes is a childish act that should be beneath a a player with Suh's stature and intelligence.

Maybe this week suh will show up wearing dress shoes

Back
Top Bottom