Armando Salguero Suggests We're Going from Bad to Worse | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero Suggests We're Going from Bad to Worse

I don't like Mangini and don't want him here.

What about Mike Zimmer? We interviewed him previously. Why don't we offer him a HC position? It's not like your HC has to be an offensive guru...that's not the job of a head coach. (Shula started out as a defensive assistant, and so did Jimmy Johnson)/ There's nothing wrong with that. He knows what he's doing.

Zimmer turned us down he withdrew his name.

I actually think Mangenius has a good head on his shoulders, it was his coaching syle that got him in trouble IMO. His personality is not strong enough to demand the respect of football players as a coach but I think he might be a good GM

I don't like Mangini and don't want him here.

What about Mike Zimmer? We interviewed him previously. Why don't we offer him a HC position? It's not like your HC has to be an offensive guru...that's not the job of a head coach. (Shula started out as a defensive assistant, and so did Jimmy Johnson)/ There's nothing wrong with that. He knows what he's doing.

Quite often some of the best coaches teams are the opposite of what you would expect, defensive minded coaches tend to have offensive teams and vise versa. I don't think its a coincidence and I think have a pretty good theory on why this phenomenon tends to happen. So if you want an offensive team hire a defensive minded head coach.

Quite often some of the best coaches teams are the opposite of what you would expect, defensive minded coaches tend to have offensive teams and vise versa. I don't think its a coincidence and I think have a pretty good theory on why this phenomenon tends to happen. So if you want an offensive team hire a defensive minded head coach.

They were talking about all these HC changes on the radio the other day as I was driving and the talked about how it doesnt matter if the guy is an offensive guru or defensive guru, its about leading the entire organization, dealing with the media, dealing with all the good and the bad that comes with the job and then keeping your team focused through a full season.

It takes a special person to do this job. And too many times OC and DC's are just good OC's and DC's. You have to find the guy who can that next step and lead the organization.

That said, Philbin I think is a great motivator in camp with the tempo and all that along with his organizaional skills. The motivating of players during games (game day coach) is obviously a shortfall.

if they appoint that woman, who has no prior talent evaluating experience i am done with this team 100%.

Until a move is made, I'm not going to get worked up about any names linked to the team BUT I don't want Eric Mangini on the team unless he's a DC or DB Coach. Sure he had 1 decent draft getting Joe Hayden and TJ Ward, BUT he squandered a lot. He had 2 attractive trade pieces in the 5th overall pick and Braylon Edwards. He traded both to his former team (Jets) for his favorite scrubs

Sign me up for Pioli. People who think hes a bad GM are clueless. He didn't hire good coaches, but his roster in KC is loaded.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Names Salguero thinks are likely to be strongly considered if changes are made:

Eric Mangini
Scott Pioli
Mike Tannenbaum

I'm not sure how much of this is a last ditch attempt to help his boy Jeff Ireland by putting the fear of God into the Dolphins fanbase to the point that we'd gladly take Ireland over the 'even worse' scenarios he presents here, but I absolutely want to vomit right now.

As I said before. Be careful what you wish for you just might get it. I'm all for upgrading any aspect of the team from front office on down. But change just for the sake of change could make things much worse whether people want to accept that or not is another story all together.

I wouldn't mind Pioli as the GM TBH.
He put together most of that KC squad and helped with the patriots.

I wouldn't mind Pioli as the GM TBH.
He put together most of that KC squad and helped with the patriots.

Many of the best players on KC were drafted before Pioli got there.

And you absolutely do not want him choosing the new head coach. He blew it badly there.

Those three guys > Jeff Ireland

The octopus from the World Cup > Jeff Ireland

Lauren tannehill picking our 2014 draft > Jeff Ireland

My dogs crap in a bag > Jeff Ireland

He sucks at picking talent, he got lucky on clay and Matthews, but I think their improvement falls on the coaches making something out of nothing.

According to Salguero, former Jets and Browns head coach Eric Mangini is the No. 1 option for the Dolphins due to his relationship with Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross. Salguero adds that Ross planned to hire Mangini in 2011, but Ireland, “balked at the idea.“

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...30339?linksrc=story_home_module_head_15430339

Important to specify that it was and still could be in the role of football czar like a VP of Football .... not as a HC

Back
Top Bottom