Armando Salguero Suggests We're Going from Bad to Worse | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero Suggests We're Going from Bad to Worse

Over the last few years I have done a 180 on Mangini

Here is my list

* Has succeeded and failed as HC
* While an analyst it was obvious that he was articulate and merged his philosophies with some of the great minds of today's NFL
* He is defensive mastermind
* He is an intellectual football-wise
* His defensive schemes fooled Tom Brady
* His personnel decisions in Cleveland were not all bad. In fact, he had a talented roster...he just did not have a QB.
* He outed the Pats with Spygate. I respect that SO MUCH.
* I respect that an org like the 49ers would want him within their franchise

I did not like the idea of Mangini years ago, no I do not mind.

Defensive mastermind says who? :lol:

A most you can say he was a party to success in New England and a party to success in acquiring talent with the Jets. But this thing about him being a genius is just something people have made up out of thin air.

Mangini had his issues as a coach (largely that he was a pompous dick and his players hated his guts) but he was always thought of as a smart and articulate football man and a good talent evaluator.

While the team had some personnel blunders (Vernon Gholston) under his watch, they had far more hits and largely populated the loaded rosters that made two title runs even though they had Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez at the helm.

IMO Mangini would be an upgrade. He's smart, would have a vision and would be a good talent evaluator. Pioli would be an upgrade over Ireland too.

Mike Tannenbaum is a goof, a cap guy who bungled the cap who was never a football man. He'd be a very definite downgrade.

I strongly believe that this Dolphins fanbase wouldn't be happy with anyone. Never happy with anything and always looking for something to hate on anyway. Even when we were winning, the haters were still unhappy. Pathetic fanbase.

True, we've had so much to be happy about. I mean, we have our cuddly 2008 safety blanket to hold onto with a death grip, right?

True, we've had so much to be happy about. I mean, we have our cuddly 2008 safety blanket to hold onto with a death grip, right?

How dare fans hate on five straight non wining seasons, how dare fans hate no playoff wins in over a decade

Defensive mastermind says who? :lol:

A most you can say he was a party to success in New England and a party to success in acquiring talent with the Jets. But this thing about him being a genius is just something people have made up out of thin air.

Why then has he had games against the best QB in football in Tom Brady and befuddle him with his game plan?

This box score comes to mind

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301107005

Anyways, I like that he adjust to his team's talent. He is a 3-4 guy, but would not be stubborn like the current HC of the Fins in his philosophies.

Tell me Mangini would not creative plans for Jordan, Wake, Jones and Ellerbe?

It seems like Mangini is not coaching, but is being looked at in a personnel responsibility. However, I respect his football mind.

Mangini - VP of Football Ops
Gaine - GM
Philbin - HC

I could live with that at least for one more year to see if Philbin can do the job. He would have to get rid of Sherman but that might be hard if he is a lame duck HC. I would rather hire Mangini and Gaine and then find a whole new coaching staff ... starting with Charlie Strong as my HC.

jumpoffcliff-1.jpg

Screw this

This is the funniest **** I've ever seen. I feel the same way. But damn I laughed for at least ten minutes!!!!

Mangini - VP of Football Ops
Gaine - GM
Philbin - HC

I could live with that at least for one more year to see if Philbin can do the job. He would have to get rid of Sherman but that might be hard if he is a lame duck HC. I would rather hire Mangini and Gaine and then find a whole new coaching staff ... starting with Charlie Strong as my HC.

Fire Joe in this case. Let the VP and new GM pick a new coach. Start anew. No half measures.

Why then has he had games against the best QB in football in Tom Brady and befuddle him with his game plan?

This box score comes to mind

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301107005

Anyways, I like that he adjust to his team's talent. He is a 3-4 guy, but would not be stubborn like the current HC of the Fins in his philosophies.

Tell me Mangini would not creative plans for Jordan, Wake, Jones and Ellerbe?

It seems like Mangini is not coaching, but is being looked at in a personnel responsibility. However, I respect his football mind.

Given he was on the same staff that coached Brady, I'm assuming he has some pretty detailed information on his strengths and weaknesses. But Brady having bad games isn't some unheard of thing. He used to struggle against the Dolphins all the time when we had George Edwards and Jim Bates as our defensive coordinators. Turns out those guys weren't geniuses in disguise. It just so happened that the cover 2 man under scheme we ran is something Brady struggles with. And he even admits it. It's how the Giants have beaten him in two Super Bowls.

"Creative" is an overrated word. I want effective plans. Part of the reason our defense underachieved this year is because Coyle was too creative. Too many defensive line stunts. Too many blitzes. Too many disguised coverages that weren't well disguised enough and left easy reads for the quarterbacks. Sometimes the most effective thing you can do is realize where you have a strength and just lean on it, rather than trying to ninja your way through every game.

Given he was on the same staff that coached Brady, I'm assuming he has some pretty detailed information on his strengths and weaknesses. But Brady having bad games isn't some unheard of thing. He used to struggle against the Dolphins all the time when we had George Edwards and Jim Bates as our defensive coordinators. Turns out those guys weren't geniuses in disguise. It just so happened that the cover 2 man under scheme we ran is something Brady struggles with. And he even admits it. It's how the Giants have beaten him in two Super Bowls.

"Creative" is an overrated word. I want effective plans. Part of the reason our defense underachieved this year is because Coyle was too creative. Too many defensive line stunts. Too many blitzes. Too many disguised coverages that weren't well disguised enough and left easy reads for the quarterbacks. Sometimes the most effective thing you can do is realize where you have a strength and just lean on it, rather than trying to ninja your way through every game.

I like the idea of Mangini calling the football shots than Dawn Aponte.

I don't want Dawn Aponte anywhere near the front office, she has zero experience as a talent evaluator.

Better does not mean good. And I'm not sure it's even "better."

I gotcha. I am making the point here that I do not hate the idea of Mangini. I understand it is not popular amongst people here. I used to hate the idea years ago...I just do not know. I think he is a smart football man.

I gotcha. I am making the point here that I do not hate the idea of Mangini. I understand it is not popular amongst people here. I used to hate the idea years ago...I just do not know. I think he is a smart football man.

Actually Mangini in an Exec role such as VP of Football Ops calling the shots is appealing to me. It would allow him to use his skill set which IMO is better suited for organizational oversight and vision casting. He has great knowledge to lead in this capacity. As a HC no way. His people skills are horrible in that capacity. He can lead from an executive position. I think we could do far worse.

Armando - Dawn Aponte might be a candtidate for GM

Didn't see this already posted..

Ross would never make this move, way too risky all around

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom