Armando Salguero wonders why Dolphins fans hate him. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero wonders why Dolphins fans hate him.

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Look at the difference in these two articles.

Sulguero took Daunte's comments from today, when he said he still expects to be ready for the season opener, but also alluded to not being "unsmart" about rushing anything and distorted them.

This is OBVISOUSLY Saban's influence. He most probably told Daunte not to guarantee that he'd be ready, just for media implications. But Nick, Daunte and his doctor, James Andrews, say he's ahead of schedule. Hell, even Nick said "It's not unrealistic to say Daunte will be ready for the season opener."

That's about as candid as Nick has been in anything so far as the Dolphins head coach.

...So, how does Sulguero interpret it? "Daunte says he might not be ready for the season opener."

You show me ONE SINGLE SENTENCE where Daunte said that. I'm not mad that Sulguero wrote that. I'm pissed at the fact that he wrote something THAT WAS NOT SAID JUST TO BE ****ING NEGATIVE.
******* Broncos fan.

Now, look at Tim Reynolds's article. He uses fact and personal observation.
DAVIE, Fla. — Daunte Culpepper walked down the auditorium stairs with his cap slightly askew, and what looked like a playbook under one arm.

Most importantly to the Miami Dolphins, their new quarterback was smiling — not limping.

Not even a month has passed since the Minnesota Vikings traded him away, but Culpepper already seems comfortable in his new surroundings. Plus, his rehabilitation from a catastrophic knee injury that ended his 2005 season is going well enough for him to continue hoping he'll be ready when the Dolphins open 2006.

Now, THAT'S what Daunte said. He said his rehab is going great and he expects to be ready.

Wow, what a difference fact and observation vs. COMPLETE BULL**** makes!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14311708.htm

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/gen/ap/FBN_Dolphins_Culpepper.html

Hey Sulguero, take notes from Tim Reynolds. BECAUSE YOU SUCK!!!

If he was'nt a Journalist, He'd be homeless reading a old newspaper

I watched Daunte's press conference, and what I heard him say is that he HOPES he will be ready, and that is what he is working towards. Take it whatever way you want. Didn't sound too promising to me. I hope he is ready, but He might be ready, or he might not. By the way...I like boobs too.

the media is famous for spinning quotes. This is nothing new.

NickJr. said:
Salguero is a closet fin hater

Dude, there's no "closet" about it.

He's horrible. I wish he would just move to Denver and go write for the damn donkeys that he loves.

I swear, Miami has THE MOST NEGATIVE sports writers EVER.

I'm not asking for everything to be sugar coated. No one wants that. But when you write a non-news worthy, feature type story (Greg Stoda does this ALL the time) and make it negative and degrading, it's a joke.

When you take comments and distort them JUST so you can have a negative headline, that's a joke. (SULGUERO!!)

Can we please get some Miami natives or some unbiased Dolphins beat writers please!!???

It seems like Alex Marvez and Andy Cohen are the only ones.

He also alluded to not being "unsmart" about rushing anything and distorted them.
He also said the injury was sensitive and that few players recover from it.

If you take that out of context you can get some negative imagery from it.I think Salguero ran with that aspect of the comments..

Pep added that he was progressing very well and he was sure he would be one of those who recover.

BTW I thought his unsmart comment was based on what the Saban and his doctors have told him not his own personal feelings..

DolphinDevil28 said:

Sulguero took Daunte's comments from today, when he said he still expects to be ready for the season opener, but also alluded to not being "unsmart" about rushing anything and distorted them.

This is OBVISOUSLY Saban's influence. He most probably told Daunte not to guarantee that he'd be ready, just for media implications. But Nick, Daunte and his doctor, James Andrews, say he's ahead of schedule. Hell, even Nick said "It's not unrealistic to say Daunte will be ready for the season opener."

That's about as candid as Nick has been in anything so far as the Dolphins head coach.

...So, how does Sulguero interpret it? "Daunte says he might not be ready for the season opener."

You show me ONE SINGLE SENTENCE where Daunte said that. I'm not mad that Sulguero wrote that. I'm pissed at the fact that he wrote something THAT WAS NOT SAID JUST TO BE ****ING NEGATIVE.
Goddamn Broncos fan.

Now, THAT'S what Daunte said. He said his rehab is going great and he expects to be ready.

The Herald sports staff stinks, and is a disgrace to the storied and accomplished paper.

NickJr. said:
Salguero is a closet fin hater

Yup definately no closet about it. He was the one caught lying about high fiving a fins loss in a bar with other miami journalists. Just do a google search and the word "lie" and I'm sure you'll dig up the old history.

You guys might want to settle down a bit. I can't vouch for how it works now, or at the Herald, but when I was writing for a daily newspaper it was fairly standard procedure that editors added the headline and any sub-headline - not the article's writer.

In this case, the article itself only says he "doesn't seem as certain about playing in the regular-season opener as he once did." Which seems a reasonable summary of what DC said.

I'm just guessing (though my guess is likely better than yours, unless you work at a newspaper currently) but I doubt Salguero had anything to do with the specific wording you're all in a tizz over.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Goddamn Broncos fan.

Made you look!!

byroan said:
"I was rooting for Clinton Portis"

A weak excuse.At least Jason Cole owned up to his error and apologized.

VanDolPhan said:
Yup definately no closet about it. He was the one caught lying about high fiving a fins loss in a bar with other miami journalists. Just do a google search and the word "lie" and I'm sure you'll dig up the old history.

For those who dont know what we are talking about read this thread
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=30413

DolphinDevil28 said:

Goddamn Broncos fan.

Yeah, I read that article and laughed too. :lol: Daunte seemed like he still thought he would be ready to start the season. Sulguero is spinning a positive press conference into bad news.

Back
Top Bottom