Armando Salguero wonders why Dolphins fans hate him. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero wonders why Dolphins fans hate him.

Phinz4Life said:
Listen guys, the solution is simple.

Once I finish out college and get my degree for Journalism I'll move on down to Florida and supplant these negative nancys.

Just be patient, and support me of course. I have three more years to go, but it's looking good.

:D
You get a degree IN journalism, not for.
Sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you.
You may also want to know that it's rare when a j-grad goes from school to a paper the size of the MH, PBP or SS, especially a NFL beat.
Stick with D3 hockey for a few years and maybe you'll have a chance.

Regardless of of how you view this story, it has never ceased to amaze me at how the South Florida media tends to hire so many beat writers, sports radio personalities etc etc etc.......that clearly seem to be fans of teams from other areas. Fat Hank the Raider fan is an obvious example.

I'm not saying the people covering the team have to be overly biased homers, but it would be nice if they at least were interested in the team and happy for them to succeed.

I can point to many examples of hardcore Dolphin fans on this messageboard that have no problem telling it like it is, even if its something negative about the Dolphins.

NYCphan said:
You guys might want to settle down a bit. I can't vouch for how it works now, or at the Herald, but when I was writing for a daily newspaper it was fairly standard procedure that editors added the headline and any sub-headline - not the article's writer.

In this case, the article itself only says he "doesn't seem as certain about playing in the regular-season opener as he once did." Which seems a reasonable summary of what DC said.

I'm just guessing (though my guess is likely better than yours, unless you work at a newspaper currently) but I doubt Salguero had anything to do with the specific wording you're all in a tizz over.

who did you write for the "post":lol: :lol:

cellman007 said:
Did you actually listen to the press conference?? Definitely sounded less optimistic about starting the season than he did when ESPN interviewed him a few weeks ago.

Did you pay attention to the date of the original interview??They did interview him right when he was traded. Do you think hew might have been a little happy to get out of the situation he was in. Perhaps the reason for the initial optimism. Just fell off the ol' turnip truck huh?

39Csonka said:
You get a degree IN journalism, not for.
Sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you.
You may also want to know that it's rare when a j-grad goes from school to a paper the size of the MH, PBP or SS, especially a NFL beat.
Stick with D3 hockey for a few years and maybe you'll have a chance.

I'm well aware how rare it is.

I had a good back and forth e-mail conversation with Ethan J. Skolnick, who is a really friendly guy, and he was telling me about how he got his current job at the Sentinel.

Also talked with a guy who works for the Hearst Corporation who travels around covering various sports stories, very cool stuff, awesome job. Took a whole lot to get where he is now.

I'm actually going to be taking a class with ESPN writer/editor Luke Cyphers next year that will be real exciting. He is going to be teaching sportswriting, I absolutely can't wait.

At the moment I'm a news man at the college paper, but my true passion is sports. It's just, we're very low on competent news writers.

Phinz4Life said:
I'm well aware how rare it is.

I had a good back and forth e-mail conversation with Ethan J. Skolnick, who is a really friendly guy, and he was telling me about how he got his current job at the Sentinel.

Also talked with a guy who works for the Hearst Corporation who travels around covering various sports stories, very cool stuff, awesome job. Took a whole lot to get where he is now.

I'm actually going to be taking a class with ESPN writer/editor Luke Cyphers next year that will be real exciting. He is going to be teaching sportswriting, I absolutely can't wait.

At the moment I'm a news man at the college paper, but my true passion is sports. It's just, we're very low on competent news writers.

That's the way to go about it.
I've met Ethan and he is a good guy. Listen to him.
Sports writing is like any profession, you have to pay your dues and work your way up.
But any S. Fla. paper will not hire a Dolphins fan to cover the team.

Back
Top Bottom