Armando Salguero wonders why Dolphins fans hate him. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero wonders why Dolphins fans hate him.

Just seeing the headlines in the Herald Sports section after seeing the ACTUAL press conference tells the entire story.

The m0r0n on chanel 7 is the guy who really riles me up. He is only about spin, his personal spin and his gargantuan ego.

He has Drew on his show, I'm sure their ratings must be enormous because of that and what does he do?

Instead of just having a professional sports broadcast he has to have a shallow, gimmicky, superficial 'Drew or False' segment. What is it five years now since Duces left? I STILL cannot believe channel 7 pay that sad, insecure, pathetic little man to host their sports program.:fire:

:dolphins:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Look at the difference in these two articles.

Sulguero took Daunte's comments from today, when he said he still expects to be ready for the season opener, but also alluded to not being "unsmart" about rushing anything and distorted them.

This is OBVISOUSLY Saban's influence. He most probably told Daunte not to guarantee that he'd be ready, just for media implications. But Nick, Daunte and his doctor, James Andrews, say he's ahead of schedule. Hell, even Nick said "It's not unrealistic to say Daunte will be ready for the season opener."

That's about as candid as Nick has been in anything so far as the Dolphins head coach.

...So, how does Sulguero interpret it? "Daunte says he might not be ready for the season opener."

You show me ONE SINGLE SENTENCE where Daunte said that. I'm not mad that Sulguero wrote that. I'm pissed at the fact that he wrote something THAT WAS NOT SAID JUST TO BE ****ING NEGATIVE.
Goddamn Broncos fan.

Now, look at Tim Reynolds's article. He uses fact and personal observation.

Now, THAT'S what Daunte said. He said his rehab is going great and he expects to be ready.

Wow, what a difference fact and observation vs. COMPLETE BULL**** makes!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14311708.htm

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/gen/ap/FBN_Dolphins_Culpepper.html

Hey Sulguero, take notes from Tim Reynolds. BECAUSE YOU SUCK!!!

Did you actually listen to the press conference?? Definitely sounded less optimistic about starting the season than he did when ESPN interviewed him a few weeks ago.

LittlePaulie said:
I live up here in Liberal NY any bad writing is part of the culture here! I see this as a problem in big cities where each writer needs to hit the masses and none will put themselves on the line to take a stand. Politics or sports they all wanna be right so they stay vague and then align themselves on the winning team. We must remember who is a real Fin fan!

Ethan Skolnick frequented this boards not too long ago. He said hes NEVER been told by a senior editor to put "spin" on an article in order to sell more papers or generate more hits. Theyre told to report what they see. So I really dont get where Armando is coming from.

I pretty much agree with most opinions here. The thing is, as the 'hometown' reporters, the locals should be somewhat positively biased on information they convey about the team. Not unrealistic or total homerism, but the objective is to sell papers. What is happening with too many of our local media guys is that people are being turned off to them because they seem to have an axe to grind with Saban and the team. They are upset that information is not forthcoming, and that hampers their ability to get their job done. I guess I am saying that, while I disagree with negative spin on every bit of information that comes out, the reasons to deliver a negative spin, whether it be for spite or to try to get Saban to loosen up, in the eyes of the media, are there.

That said, I've never liked Salguero since the high-five story broke...

DolphinDevil28 said:
Dude, there's no "closet" about it.

He's horrible. I wish he would just move to Denver and go write for the damn donkeys that he loves.

I swear, Miami has THE MOST NEGATIVE sports writers EVER.

I'm not asking for everything to be sugar coated. No one wants that. But when you write a non-news worthy, feature type story (Greg Stoda does this ALL the time) and make it negative and degrading, it's a joke.

When you take comments and distort them JUST so you can have a negative headline, that's a joke. (SULGUERO!!)

Can we please get some Miami natives or some unbiased Dolphins beat writers please!!???

It seems like Alex Marvez and Andy Cohen are the only ones.

I would almost rather have that. Here in Denver, it donko's can do no wrong. If it's not hometown sports, it is not on. Half of the time they do not report any other teams scores, unless it specifically affects the bronkos.

CrunchTime said:
He also said the injury was sensitive and that few players recover from it.

If you take that out of context you can get some negative imagery from it.I think Salguero ran with that aspect of the comments..

Pep added that he was progressing very well and he was sure he would be one of those who recover.

BTW I thought his unsmart comment was based on what the Saban and his doctors have told him not his own personal feelings..

Did he say few players recovers from it..or did he say few players recover this quick from it? Thats what I thought he said..but I could be wrong.

vt_dolfan said:
Did he say few players recovers from it..or did he say few players recover this quick from it? Thats what I thought he said..but I could be wrong.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4421

This is the transcript of what he said. The quote in question is, I believe,

(On his next big goal in rehab) – “Right now, I am still pretty much on the ground just strengthening my legs. We have mini-camp in May. Hopefully, I’ll be moving up a little more. The training staff has a plan of where we’re going. I am actually going to meet with Dr. Andrews this week and he’ll have his plan and what he thinks. Things are looking good. I am not going to predict, rush myself or be unsmart about anything about it. I know it’s a very sensitive injury. Only a couple people have ever had it and come back from it. I am just glad to be making the progress that I am making. Hopefully it continues.â€Â

(On if he has talked to anyone who has had a similar injury, like Willis McGahee) – “I haven’t talked to him, but I did some research on it. He can back and he’s doing fine right now. It took him a little time, but he’s a different position. He’s a running back, I’m a quarterback. I don’t take the type of abuse that most running backs do s hopefully we can maneuver around that kind of stuff and get me back 100 percent.â€Â

Hope this helps

vt_dolfan said:

I dont remember him putting a time frame to his comments but I could be wrong.Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

I do remember that my first impression was
We need a backup QB.

BTW I was leaning away from signing Harrington because after Peps previous comments I thought it was an uneccesary investment.The money saved could be used to sweeten the pot for Arrington or to sign another player.

I thought we could get by with someone like Maddox .

I have my doubts now.

Ohiophinphan said:
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4421

This is the transcript of what he said. The quote in question is, I believe,

(On his next big goal in rehab) – “Right now, I am still pretty much on the ground just strengthening my legs. We have mini-camp in May. Hopefully, I’ll be moving up a little more. The training staff has a plan of where we’re going. I am actually going to meet with Dr. Andrews this week and he’ll have his plan and what he thinks. Things are looking good. I am not going to predict, rush myself or be unsmart about anything about it. I know it’s a very sensitive injury. Only a couple people have ever had it and come back from it. I am just glad to be making the progress that I am making. Hopefully it continues.”

(On if he has talked to anyone who has had a similar injury, like Willis McGahee) – “I haven’t talked to him, but I did some research on it. He can back and he’s doing fine right now. It took him a little time, but he’s a different position. He’s a running back, I’m a quarterback. I don’t take the type of abuse that most running backs do so hopefully we can maneuver around that kind of stuff and get me back 100 percent.”

Hope this helps

Thanks Ohio.

NYCphan said:
You guys might want to settle down a bit. I can't vouch for how it works now, or at the Herald, but when I was writing for a daily newspaper it was fairly standard procedure that editors added the headline and any sub-headline - not the article's writer.

In this case, the article itself only says he "doesn't seem as certain about playing in the regular-season opener as he once did." Which seems a reasonable summary of what DC said.

I'm just guessing (though my guess is likely better than yours, unless you work at a newspaper currently) but I doubt Salguero had anything to do with the specific wording you're all in a tizz over.

Normally, I'd agree with you NYC, but look at the article again. It's the lede, not just the head and subhead.

Listen guys, the solution is simple.

Once I finish out college and get my degree for Journalism I'll move on down to Florida and supplant these negative nancys.

Just be patient, and support me of course. I have three more years to go, but it's looking good.

:D

I looked at the headline on Curt's News Wire site and knew who wrote it.

Back
Top Bottom