Armando shooting everyone down who thinks Tannehill is only as good as his team's W-L | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando shooting everyone down who thinks Tannehill is only as good as his team's W-L

I wonder if Brent feels awkward in the locker room around other guys. I know that if my wife were blasting my coworkers in public I'd be a bit uneasy about it...

I'd also wouldn't feel to comfortable around a coworker whose wife was nonstop trashing me in public...

I wonder if Brent feels awkward in the locker room around other guys. I know that if my wife were blasting my coworkers in public I'd be a bit uneasy about it...

I'd also wouldn't feel to comfortable around a coworker whose wife was nonstop trashing me in public...

i guess Brent is just happy she doesn't go off on him like that.

Perception regarding NFL QB is all based on media BS. The douche talking heads need simple crap to debate who the "best" is based on their Stupid Bowl wins etc. Even in the pass centric NFL -- football is still the ultimate TEAM game.

Comparing QBs straight up -- in terms of their unique ability to dominate games and carry their team to wins is a much harder equation -- and purely "subjective." But I'd take Dan Marino over ANY QB that's ever played.

That said, Tom Shady is a pathetic athlete (truly laughable like an albatross -- his combine workouts are pathetic) who would be exposed as a fraud on 9 teams out of 10. Not only is he a certified cheat -- he's the most overrated player in the history of the NFL IMO.

Perception regarding NFL QB is all based on media BS. The douche talking heads need simple crap to debate who the "best" is based on their Stupid Bowl wins etc. Even in the pass centric NFL -- football is still the ultimate TEAM game.

Comparing QBs straight up -- in terms of their unique ability to dominate games and carry their team to wins is a much harder equation -- and purely "subjective." But I'd take Dan Marino over ANY QB that's ever played.

That said, Tom Shady is a pathetic athlete (truly laughable like an albatross -- his combine workouts are pathetic) who would be exposed as a fraud on 9 teams out of 10. Not only is he a certified cheat -- he's the most overrated player in the history of the NFL IMO.
But the Patriots built an offense around his strengths. He's quick to read defenses and accurate with short passes so they got a lot of quick players that are good after the catch. He's terrible with deep passes so they got him some receivers with large catch radius' to help him (Gronkowski and Moss back in the day). You saw this past season when Gronk was still recovering his deep ball percentage was the worst in the league. They also put a strong offensive line in front of him.

Dolphins, mainly Jeff Ireland, did nothing to help Tannehill when he was drafted. We didn't take a WR in that same draft we had Hartline and 4 undrafted rookie free agents as our WR corp. We did a terrible job of identifying decent offensive lineman, we got no seam threat TE and Ireland thought Daniel Thomas would be able to take pressure off Tannehill with a running game...all wrong. Dolphins are just now starting to put talent around Tannehill that are centered around his strengths. The WR corp is a fit, we got a seam threat TE in Cameron, we've got three very promising RBs in Miller, Ajayi and Williams but we still need to fix this O-line. We're making progress there I think but how much remains to be seen.

Miko is so damn obnoxious. She reminds me of a few finheaven posters.

pavillion-black-floor-mirror.jpg

Nobody should know better than Dolphins fans that while QB is the MOST important player on the team, he simply can't do it by himself.

Bingo. Dan was one of the best I've ever seen by a longshot, and the middle and latter parts of his career were typified by a lot of very mediocre seasons.

When your team has major flaws on defense, special teams, or in the running game, you can't count on the passing game to simply carry you every week.

I don't always see eye to eye with Armando but his breakdown of this being a team sport is spot on.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ngland-patriots-like-an-anvil-dropped-fr.html

" If it was all about the QB, Aaron Rodgers would have been in the last couple of Super Bowls for the NFC and not Russell Wilson. If it was all about the QB, the Saints would have been in the playoffs. They weren't. If it was all about the QB, the Cardinals would not have been in the playoffs. They were."

Too much truth in there for all the detractors about Tannehill's record.

It never ALL, if it was NE would have championships not 4 but QB play is vital and while Ryan has shown flashes he has not been able to make the play to get the team over the hump and into postseason. He has another shot this year, let's see what happens.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Bingo. Dan was one of the best I've ever seen by a longshot, and the middle and latter parts of his career were typified by a lot of very mediocre seasons.

When your team has major flaws on defense, special teams, or in the running game, you can't count on the passing game to simply carry you every week.

Dan elevated mostly mediocre teams to playoff contention. He may not have won a SB but he consistently elevated the teams around him. The same cannot be said about Ryan just yet.

But the Patriots built an offense around his strengths. He's quick to read defenses and accurate with short passes so they got a lot of quick players that are good after the catch. He's terrible with deep passes so they got him some receivers with large catch radius' to help him (Gronkowski and Moss back in the day). You saw this past season when Gronk was still recovering his deep ball percentage was the worst in the league. They also put a strong offensive line in front of him.

Dolphins, mainly Jeff Ireland, did nothing to help Tannehill when he was drafted. We didn't take a WR in that same draft we had Hartline and 4 undrafted rookie free agents as our WR corp. We did a terrible job of identifying decent offensive lineman, we got no seam threat TE and Ireland thought Daniel Thomas would be able to take pressure off Tannehill with a running game...all wrong. Dolphins are just now starting to put talent around Tannehill that are centered around his strengths. The WR corp is a fit, we got a seam threat TE in Cameron, we've got three very promising RBs in Miller, Ajayi and Williams but we still need to fix this O-line. We're making progress there I think but how much remains to be seen.

Personally I do NOT like the fact that such a poor athlete is rated so "highly." That's the way the NFL has shaped the game -- allowing holding, no hitting the QB, no touching the WRs et cetera to promote the pass.

Granted the NE Pats have reduced the QB position to a "flag football position," and Shady does well at it -- but his underlying inferior athleticism is UGLY to watch IMO.

He's the product of a (cheating) system. I will never give the douche more than that.

Personally I do NOT like the fact that such a poor athlete is rated so "highly." That's the way the NFL has shaped the game -- allowing holding, no hitting the QB, no touching the WRs et cetera to promote the pass.

Granted the NE Pats have reduced the QB position to a "flag football position," and Shady does well at it -- but his underlying inferior athleticism is UGLY to watch IMO.

He's the product of a (cheating) system. I will never give the douche more than that.

Philip Wheeler will tell you he's a super athlete when he got juked by him for a 10 yard gain lol.

But I agree, Brady is probably the most unathletic player in the NFL. There are kickers and punters with more athletic ability that he has.

Heck, the cheerleaders are more athletic, let's be real!

LOL

Dan elevated mostly mediocre teams to playoff contention. He may not have won a SB but he consistently elevated the teams around him. The same cannot be said about Ryan just yet.

Posts like this elevate your mostly mediocre history into garbage bin contention.

It's like watching a metro male model posing as QB!

Squeezing soft balls with his supple soft hands...

Why is the wife of our star CB talking smack about our QB on Twitter? Can we start a gofundme to buy this dumb broad a muzzle? Please?

I actually believe that's a fair and reasonable statement. Ryan has not proven that capacity. And I hope he doesn't have to. It's a TEAM game. He's more than good enough to win with. But he's never going to be the one-man-team Marino was.

" If it was all about the QB, Aaron Rodgers would have been in the last couple of Super Bowls for the NFC and not Russell Wilson. If it was all about the QB, the Saints would have been in the playoffs. They weren't. If it was all about the QB, the Cardinals would not have been in the playoffs. They were."

If it were all about the QB, the jests wouldn't have made it to, and lost those AFCC games. If it were all about the QB Dan Marino would have 6 rings. If it were all about the QB... And on and on and on...

Back
Top Bottom